Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
Transportprof, BC Day weekend is July 29--Aug. 1 this year. Emcampbe said (s)he'll be there the following weekend: Aug. 5--7, which is when I thought of coming for KitsFest.

BTW, I stayed 3 nights last summer at the Sheraton of Richmond BC for concerts of Blondie & Brian Wilson faction of the Beach Boys. Overpriced at C$300 a night (as much as many DT hotels!) but a bargain at Cat. 2 then, fairly priced at Cat. 3 now. I took advantage of the restaurants of that giant New Chinatown !
Correct - looking at the first full weekend in August - I did check on the long weekend (always right around my birthday), but knew it was the weekend before, which is why I was a bit surprised to see them so high the weekend after.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Alright...back here again....I think I'm going to use points instead, as it looks like rates aren't really coming down much at all.

Anyone have any opinions on whether it's better to stay at the Pinnacle vs. Delta Vancouver Suites? Both are the same amount of MR points, and appears that benefits are now equal for elites. And a few blocks down from each other, both close to where I want to be.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
dcchi posted this in the exec lounge sticky re: the Delta Burnaby (outside Vancouver). It's more info than I need for the sticky, so thought I'd post the info here. Thanks to dcchi for posting the info:

"Delta Burnaby (outside Vancouver) (from early July 2016)

Signature Club Lounge (what they call their concierge lounge) is located on the 20th floor. They have breakfast 7 days a week. M-F 6:30-9:30. Sa/Sun/Holidays 7:30-10:30. Evening hors d'oeuvres 4:30-7:30 every evening. Access for guests in a signature club room or Marriott Gold/Platinum.

We were there for 5 nights. The lounge was not overly busy (like many US lounges) on any of the days, though if it would have been, it would have been out of food for long periods of time. When stocked, the selection was not bad at all. There were always hot real eggs in a warmer/server (parts of it with some melted cheese, other parts just eggs). There was a selection of small pastries, including regular croissants, chocolate croissants, mini muffins, etc. Breads. Cold cuts. Fresh fruit. A self-serve machine that made various coffees and hot chocolate. A small fridge with a nice variety of drinks (including Coke brand items), as well as yogurts.

The problem was that, the quantity of food left out was on the smaller side (they'd have a plate of selection of pastries, and there might be 2-3 of each). Once they were gone, it seemed like they had to call up somewhere to get it (perhaps from the first floor) and they would say it would take 15-20 minutes each time. We didn't run into major issues most of the days (other than a disappointed child in missing a chocolate croissant here or there), but on one day, they had a slightly larger number of people and had major food issues.

They did not appear to be closely tracking the number of people allowed into the lounge per room."
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
I've stayed twice for ~5 days at the Residence Inn on Hornby Street. Rooms are good, wifi is not amazingly fast but it's better than most courtyards and residence inn properties I've been too. The breakfast buffet is good but it's kind of a madhouse if you don't go early on weekends. Parking is paid below the hotel, somewhat tight.

The biggest criticism I could give was that the elevators were dog slow in 2014 (as in being the slowest elevators I'd ever been on), which was not nice when having to go from one of the higher floors to the lobby, but in 2015 the elevators were normal speed (not sure if they replaced them or what). There's a 7-11 across the street if you want to pick up some snacks, water, ice cream, etc. to stick in the fridge.

If I have another reason to go to Vancouver, I would probably stay at that location again (it depends on where I'd be going, but last two times were primarily in the city proper).
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:05 am

Hello everyone,

tried the search but no result: Looking to stay at the Residence Inn Vancouver. I am offered the following, at the exact same price:

"Studio Suite King, Studio, 1 King, City view"
"Skyline Studio, Studio, 1 Queen, Skyline view"

Don't care about bed size, a queen is just as well for me. But can't figure out which "view" would get me what, or which one is preferable for that matter...anyone with any insights?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by gpia
Hello everyone,

tried the search but no result: Looking to stay at the Residence Inn Vancouver. I am offered the following, at the exact same price:

"Studio Suite King, Studio, 1 King, City view"
"Skyline Studio, Studio, 1 Queen, Skyline view"

Don't care about bed size, a queen is just as well for me. But can't figure out which "view" would get me what, or which one is preferable for that matter...anyone with any insights?
Don't know about Residence Inn, but the harbor view from the corner room at the Marriott Pinnacle was FANTASTIC! Watched the seaplanes landing through the floor to ceiling windows from bed. The harbor and mountains were just spectacular. The room had a wonderful panoramic view.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Don't know about Residence Inn, but the harbor view from the corner room at the Marriott Pinnacle was FANTASTIC! Watched the seaplanes landing through the floor to ceiling windows from bed. The harbor and mountains were just spectacular. The room had a wonderful panoramic view.
The Residence Inn and the Marriott in Coal Harbour are in quite different locations. OP will not get a view of the harbour from any room in the Residence Inn. It's an urban location with mountains in the distance (which may be obscured by low hanging clouds during our rainy season which is in full swing these days). People don't book the Residence Inn for the view, so if that's important to OP, suggest reconsidering the location and switching to Coal Harbour.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by ssafro1;26559611
[U
Concierge Lounge:[/U]
The concierge lounge was located on the 25th floor. Food/service on par with US lounges. Lounge only open for breakfast on weekends.

Food service times:
Breakfast (Mon – Fri) 6:30a – 9:00a
Breakfast (sat – Sun) 6:30a – 10:00a
Hor D’oeuvres (Sun – Thurs) 5:30p – 7:30p
Desserts (Sun – Thurs) 7:30p – 9:00p
Is it a US standard for the 'Latte Lounge' machine to use a powder mix for milk? Looked like it used real espresso beans (of mediocre quality) but I was turned off by the bag of powder milk mix the attendant refilled the machine with. The machine was sloooooow too.

Happy that the lounge was open 24/7 to grab a bottle of water though.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
How is the treatment of MR Platinum at the Pinaccle?

Thinking about burning a Cat 7 Travel Certificate there next week.

I'm on the fence using it for a North American property... don't want to regret my decision.

Usually I stay at the Hyatt but so far they only have my first 2 nights on C&P available after which I'd have to switch to some SPG option.

Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I can't speak for Platinum, but we were treated very well as Gold last fall. It was our first Marriott stay after getting the match from SPG.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I can't speak for Platinum, but we were treated very well as Gold last fall. It was our first Marriott stay after getting the match from SPG.
As in... Upgrade?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 6:25 am

Thinking about burning a Cat 7 Travel Certificate there next week.

I'm on the fence using it for a North American property... don't want to regret my decision.

Usually I stay at the Hyatt but so far they only have my first 2 nights on C&P available after which I'd have to switch to some SPG option.

Thanks!
We were upgraded to a corner room with a spectacular panoramic view of the harbor.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold

The Vancouver Marriott is a much nicer building - both in design and physical location compared to the Hyatt, which is central, but not as near to the waterfront. You'll like the Marriott's location better than the Hyatt, I predict.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
As in... Upgrade?
We didn't get a suite, and there's really no way to tell beyond that. See my post here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27534100-post140.html
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
It's been a while anyone update with either the ress, marroitt and now we have th Delta in the area also?

And any tips on parking ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.