Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Weekend Lounge at Vancouver Renaissance & Marriott

Does anyone have recent experience on what the breakfast offering is for Gold and Platinum members at the YVR Renaissance & Marriott during the lounge closure? Is breakfast offered at the restaurant? Just continental or buffet?
Thanks in advance for any help and replies!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by greydog
Does anyone have recent experience on what the breakfast offering is for Gold and Platinum members at the YVR Renaissance & Marriott during the lounge closure? Is breakfast offered at the restaurant? Just continental or buffet?
Thanks in advance for any help and replies!
If you stay there, please update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old May 14, 2014, 8:03 am

Any recent updates?

I read the Renaissance has balconies in some rooms? I will be there during Canada Day so the Lounge will be closed. Do they both offer breakfast in lieu? How do they compare? Marriott seems to be getting better reviews here recently, but I found the Renaissance with a rate 50 dollars cheaper. Any thoughts?
Old May 14, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
Any recent updates?

I read the Renaissance has balconies in some rooms? I will be there during Canada Day so the Lounge will be closed. Do they both offer breakfast in lieu? How do they compare? Marriott seems to be getting better reviews here recently, but I found the Renaissance with a rate 50 dollars cheaper. Any thoughts?
I was in Vancouver a few weekends ago and I got to stay at both the Renaissance and the Marriott. The room at the Renaissance was really nice since they "upgraded" me to a room overlooking the gorgeous harbour. It didn't have a true balcony where you can step out onto it, but it had a railing so you could open up the door and have a pseudo-balcony and the view was breathtaking. The Marriott room also had a partial view of the harbour that was partially blocked by the Renaissance building (across the street from each other). There was no balcony in the Marriott room but I thought the room was slightly nicer and I enjoyed the overall vibe at the Marriott more. That being said, if the Ren is 50 dollars cheaper, I'd probably go with that.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by bchin2020
I was in Vancouver a few weekends ago and I got to stay at both the Renaissance and the Marriott. The room at the Renaissance was really nice since they "upgraded" me to a room overlooking the gorgeous harbour. It didn't have a true balcony where you can step out onto it, but it had a railing so you could open up the door and have a pseudo-balcony and the view was breathtaking. The Marriott room also had a partial view of the harbour that was partially blocked by the Renaissance building (across the street from each other). There was no balcony in the Marriott room but I thought the room was slightly nicer and I enjoyed the overall vibe at the Marriott more. That being said, if the Ren is 50 dollars cheaper, I'd probably go with that.
First, Welcome to Flyertalk! Second, can you post what the exec lounge/brekkie situation was w/ both properties so I can update the sticky? Thx!

Cheers.
Old May 14, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
First, Welcome to Flyertalk! Second, can you post what the exec lounge/brekkie situation was w/ both properties so I can update the sticky? Thx!

Cheers.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I actually didn't receive Gold until after that trip so I didn't have access to the lounges. And obviously no brekkie as a lowly silver
Old May 15, 2014, 6:03 am

Stayed at the Marriott Downtown a few weeks ago.
Let's see if I remember the details:

No info to give about breakfast as I don't take any breakfast.
Arrived on a Sunday around 4 PM and was told that the lounge was opening at 5 PM.
From Monday to Friday the lounge was opened throughout the day (for having a drink), but dinner was available from 5 PM till 9PM if I recall right.
Dinner selection was limited compared to hotels in Asia i.e. (1 hot dish, 1 cold dish, some snacks, vegetables and dips) and tasted good. In addition, a dessert was served from 8 PM.
Staff in the hotel was really nice, friendly and helpful.
Took once a lunch at the lobby bar. Was really tasty.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Vancouver BC - Ren or Marriott Pinnacle?

I'll be doing a 7 night stay downtown Vancouver BC near the Convention Centre and am choosing between Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside and Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.

Any feedback on these hotels? Both are category 7.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Platinum, Nexus/GE
The Renaissance has some nice view of the water if you get a room on that side of the hotel. However, the decor is fairly conservative and far from what one could expect for a Renaissance. The rooms are very large however. The lounge is a bit disappointing and offering a view on a building across the street.

Personally, I would stay at the Marriott. Rooms are nicer (typical Marriott style) and the lounge is much better. But no water view as other buildings are obstructing the view.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...roperty-2.html
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: AMEX platinum, Marriott platinum, MPC Gold, SPG Gold
I prefer the Renaissance. Room views are better and a number of the rooms have balconies.

I find that food in the lounge is much better at the Renaissance than the Marriott. But the as previously noted the view isn't much to look at.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:07 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by riggins
I prefer the Renaissance. Room views are better and a number of the rooms have balconies.

I find that food in the lounge is much better at the Renaissance than the Marriott.
Those are the same three plusses that I was going to offer. I had a balcony room with an amazing water view on my last stay. Mornings and sunsets were priceless.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:23 am

Anyone have weekend updates on exec lounges at both properties?

Cheers.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
In response to ohmark asking which property in Vancouver BC

Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside
Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
He was linking you to a previous post where this has already been asked, not asking you to clarify which properties you were considering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.