Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2023, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold | Marriott Bonvoy LTP
Originally Posted by lleung1980
I have a reservation at the Delta, 2-bed suite for one night in Nov. Since I booked it with 2 people, is that going to be an issue with 3 people staying?

Delta downtown Vancouver? If you look at the room description , it says max 4 occupancy. And if you fiddle around with the type of occupants, you will see that 2 adults / 1 child is same rate as 2 adults. But with 3 adults , the rate goes up a little.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 12:13 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by lleung1980
I have a reservation at the Delta, 2-bed suite for one night in Nov. Since I booked it with 2 people, is that going to be an issue with 3 people staying?
The US and Canada are probably not going to ask for identification from every guest (I mean, the US definitely won't), and I haven't seen this at Canada when others are checking in next to me (I always travel alone).
reggiekush likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
The US and Canada are probably not going to ask for identification from every guest (I mean, the US definitely won't), and I haven't seen this at Canada when others are checking in next to me (I always travel alone).
I'll need to try this as I'm so used to international travel I always show my passport even on domestic Canadian flights lol. So at hotels I always show or have someone carry my passport and card to the desk.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by JCT001
Delta downtown Vancouver? If you look at the room description , it says max 4 occupancy. And if you fiddle around with the type of occupants, you will see that 2 adults / 1 child is same rate as 2 adults. But with 3 adults , the rate goes up a little.
Thanks, yes, that is kinda of crazy that max 4 occupancy, but charge you more if you have more than 2 adults.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 1:44 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Jelly of the month club
For a cruise (2 adults, 1 kid), would you recommend the a suite at the Marriott Pinnacle or the Delta? Both about the same price. Both seem walkable to the cruise terminal and both have decent reviews,
Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by James Fleming
For a cruise (2 adults, 1 kid), would you recommend the a suite at the Marriott Pinnacle or the Delta? Both about the same price. Both seem walkable to the cruise terminal and both have decent reviews,
Being a local, I have not stayed at either but just from a location perspective, I'd probably stay at the Marriott Pinnacle. The Delta is in a slightly sketchy block/area. Not horrible though and I would walk through the area. And as mentioned in a previous post, you can just uber it to/from. The immediate area around the Marriott Pinnacle is somewhat quiet, particularly at night but only a few blocks away from more lively spaces.
James Fleming likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | Marriott Bonvoy LTP
Originally Posted by James Fleming
Delta is more modern if that swings your vote. But if only for a night or two, I would probably go with Pinnacle. Gastown is fine during the day, at night some parts of Gastown can get a bit rough. (Delta is just on the edge of Gastown) Pinnacle is a smidge closer to some good restaurants on Alberni Street and surrounding areas. Enjoy your pre-cruise stay.
James Fleming likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 9:11 pm

Looking to book a pre-cruise stay and use the book 4 night and stay for 5. Which hotel would be worth staying at for a family of 4?

Is it better to book early or will the points required drop if I monitor it?

Aug 2024
Metropolitan 280,000 points / stay416 CAD Avg./night
Sheraton Vancouver Wall 292,000 points / stay418 CAD Avg./night
Pinnacle 292,000 points / stay468 CAD Avg./night
Detla 280,000 points / stay481 CAD Avg./night
Douglas 280,000 points / stay418 CAD Avg./night
JW 296,000 points / stay600 CAD Avg./night
Westin 292,000 points / stay789 CAD Avg./night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.