Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
He was linking you to a previous post where this has already been asked, not asking you to clarify which properties you were considering.
Thank you - I'm pretty new to forums :-)
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by yultraveler
The Renaissance has some nice view of the water if you get a room on that side of the hotel. However, the decor is fairly conservative and far from what one could expect for a Renaissance. The rooms are very large however. The lounge is a bit disappointing and offering a view on a building across the street.

Personally, I would stay at the Marriott. Rooms are nicer (typical Marriott style) and the lounge is much better. But no water view as other buildings are obstructing the view.
I'm more interested about in-room comfort & dining options. I'll be working very long days and won't get to my room until after 9PM each night.

I won't be Plat yet, so lounge not a consideration for this stay.

Not too concerned about the view since I live in Vancouver and Whistler (I'll be at the hotel just to save on commute time for a big event). Not to say I don't care about the gorgeous view, just that I do get to see it every day :-)
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:33 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by catarina
I'm more interested about in-room comfort & dining options. I'll be working very long days and won't get to my room until after 9PM each night.
The Marriott is probably better for you.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by dayone
The Marriott is probably better for you.
Thank you
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: UA GS/1MM, Ritz Carlton Plat
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Stayed at the Marriott Downtown a few weeks ago.
Let's see if I remember the details:

No info to give about breakfast as I don't take any breakfast.
Arrived on a Sunday around 4 PM and was told that the lounge was opening at 5 PM.
From Monday to Friday the lounge was opened throughout the day (for having a drink), but dinner was available from 5 PM till 9PM if I recall right.
Dinner selection was limited compared to hotels in Asia i.e. (1 hot dish, 1 cold dish, some snacks, vegetables and dips) and tasted good. In addition, a dessert was served from 8 PM.
Staff in the hotel was really nice, friendly and helpful.
Took once a lunch at the lobby bar. Was really tasty.
I stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle in Vancouver this week, here is some updated info re the current concierge lounge:

The lounge is on the concierge level (25th floor) and is only open Sunday evening through Friday breakfast. Closed on Friday afternoon/evening and all day Saturday. Dinner does not start until 5:30 pm. Unlike other lounges in international locations, the lounge is NOT accessible outside of the scheduled breakfast and evening snack times. There are two flat screen televisions showing the Canadian news channels, and some complimentary newspapers. While a bit smaller than other Marriott lounges, it was never full when I was there. A nice view of the Vancouver harbour (which is partially blocked by other buildings but it is a nice view) where you can watch the sea planes landing and taking off.

Wine and alcohol is not complimentary. There is an honor bar sheet that you fill out and its about $6-$10 CDN per glass of wine, depending on whether you select the house wine or a premium version. (There is a happy hour in the Showcase bar downstairs from 3-5 pm where wine is $5 CDN per glass).

Breakfast is continental style with two hot choices: scrambled eggs and oatmeal. Dinner was a cheese plate with bread, salad, fruit (pineapple and watermelon) and two hot snacks, which I assume change on a regular basis, but when I was there it was a beef stir fry over rice and a broccoli/cauliflower dish. Servers there are friendly.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: marriott, delta
This is not being advertised but I understand that the Ren. Harborside is leaving the marriott flag sometime in the 1st quarter of the year. You might want to check on this.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by trooper4574
This is not being advertised but I understand that the Ren. Harborside is leaving the marriott flag sometime in the 1st quarter of the year. You might want to check on this.
This would be horrible. Reduces Marriott's presence considerably and also takes away the pricing war between the 2. They are across the street.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I stayed at the Ren last fall (September? it all runs together after a while). What is posted in the sticky - closed weekends, continental in restaurant - was correct as of that time.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by ExArkie
I stayed at the Ren last fall (September? it all runs together after a while). What is posted in the sticky - closed weekends, continental in restaurant - was correct as of that time.
I stayed there in July and that was the case. Free Breakfast downstairs. I upgraded to full breakfast for a few more dollars. I think they actually waived it YMMV when the it came time to pay. Nice spread BTW.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:07 am

Marriott will not operate or be affiliated with the Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel after January 31, 2015. Gift cards will not be accepted & Rewards will not be honored.
I still have reservation for Mar 3rd, I guess I need to book the Marriott then.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:41 pm

Question 7 Days in Vancouver - advice needed

Hello all.

I posted for some advice about staying in Calgary and it was so helpful I ended up changing to fly into Vancouver for a couple day vacation instead. So Im kind of back at square one at this point.

Im there for 7 days (Wed - Wed of this week) and gonna split the time between the city and maybe staying away from city (beach and Whistler) even if its not Marriott. Any thoughts on the "best" Marriott (don't really care what brand) place to stay in or around Vancouver? Since I'll be there for some weekdays do any of them have "the best" upgrades/ exec lounge for platinum members?

Any tips on Vancouver for an outdoor enthusiast(ish).

THANKS!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:34 pm

There is only really just one the Marriott. I guess the Delta now. I would suggest Vancouver Island and Staying in Victoria at the Marriott there.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Family is doing a similar trip in August. We are using points to book 5 nights using the Plat "5th Day Free on Points" promo. Will pay cash for a couple extra nights.

I can't use my MR points at Delta yet, so we are staying at the downtown FS Marriott. The downtown Residence Inn was highly recommended as well. Cost to me was roughly the same.

We are still debating staying at the Delta in Victoria and a Delta in Whistler. No points to earn but very highly recommended.

A trip to both Whistler and Victoria are on the schedule but we are debating the over night stay, compared to just making day trips from Vancouver.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:26 am

Thanks for the advice.

I ended up staying at the full service Marriott. Sadly there are no points available nights since its July 4th but will check out both hotels and report back.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:24 am

Victoria has a nice Marriott and I was upgraded to a great room with a fantastic Balcony overlooking the city. Lounge too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.