Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
There is only really just one the Marriott. I guess the Delta now. I would suggest Vancouver Island and Staying in Victoria at the Marriott there.
There is the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle right downtown on Hastings street. While I haven't stayed in that hotel, I stayed in the Renaissance Vancouver, which was right across the street. Was a close call, the thing that hooked me over to the Ren was that it was on the side closer to the water. Luckily for me, got an upgrade to a room with a beautiful view of the water and North Van. However, I no longer see it on the list of hotels, so not sure what happened. Anyone know?

I think I would have been perfectly happy at the Pinnacle though. While the Greater Vancouver-area is pretty spread out, the Vancouver core itself is pretty small, so its walking distance to everything downtown pretty much (including Robson Street (shopping), Gastown, Yaletown, etc.) and also to Stanley Park. Location is great, and my guess is that if you are on a higher floor and facing the right way, you may have a decent, but perhaps partially blocked view to the North.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
There is the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle right downtown on Hastings street. While I haven't stayed in that hotel, I stayed in the Renaissance Vancouver, which was right across the street. Was a close call, the thing that hooked me over to the Ren was that it was on the side closer to the water. Luckily for me, got an upgrade to a room with a beautiful view of the water and North Van. However, I no longer see it on the list of hotels, so not sure what happened. Anyone know?

I think I would have been perfectly happy at the Pinnacle though. While the Greater Vancouver-area is pretty spread out, the Vancouver core itself is pretty small, so its walking distance to everything downtown pretty much (including Robson Street (shopping), Gastown, Yaletown, etc.) and also to Stanley Park. Location is great, and my guess is that if you are on a higher floor and facing the right way, you may have a decent, but perhaps partially blocked view to the North.

Renaissance is no more. It was converted to another brand. They are across the street so should be not much different.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Seconded for the Marriott Victoria. Lounge has a great view, IIRC.

I recently stayed at the YVR Marriott a couple of times. Tiny CL (and no windows) but if they get busy, they'll give you a $24 credit to use downstairs. Buffet is the best option, atrocious eggs benny IME. Five mins walk to the Canada Line (metro) station, 25 mins to waterfront (or ~$40 taxi, about the same time). Some very good places to eat very close by - I've been told that Richmond has some of the best Asian food in North America, and we certainly at well!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Staying at the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle downtown this Wed - Sat, will post report! Looks like the Renn is permanently closed.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 11:30 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
From last year:

Our records indicate that you have a future reservation at the Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel. Effective February 1st, 2015, the hotel will no longer be associated with Marriott, but will continue normal operations as the Pinnacle Vancouver Harbourfront Hotel and your reservations will be honored.

I stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle for a week with 6 family members. The hotel gave my daughter and her husband a suite overlooking the harbor, simply a fantastic room for them. Our room was a simple double bed room but very functional. Very accommodating and simply wonderful.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by catarina

I won't be Plat yet, so lounge not a consideration for this stay.
Don't you still get lounge access as a gold?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by andyh64000
Don't you still get lounge access as a gold?
Yes, GLD/PLT get lounge access/breakfast option. I will report on the lounge/breakfast options after my upcoming stay this week.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:00 pm

Check-in/Check-out:
Very efficient. Was thanked for my loyalty, offered the usual arrival gift choices of 500pts or $10 F&B credit.

Room/Upgrade:
As a PP staying three nights (mix of corp rate for 2 nts/points for 1 nt), I was told my room was on the 31st floor (top floor) and had a city view. Asking if any water views were available, the associate quickly did a check and found a partial harbor view on the 29th floor – 2911. Room was decent in size, clean and had a great view. Bathroom had separate tub/standup shower. As far as room layouts, I can imagine it varies since the shape of several rooms looked awkward/small on each floor. Specifically, I would avoid any rooms ending 08. Water views are rooms ending in 01, 02, 20 and 21. If you want a decent water view, try to get above the 25th floor.

Overall Property:
Very good city hotel, well located in the business district and close walks to the Canada Center, harbor/sea wall and trains. There were plenty of restaurants and shops around. Everyone seemed friendly and willing to help. I did not eat in the hotel bar/restaurant but it seemed pretty busy.

Fitness center and indoor pool are located on the 4th floor. The gym was a decent size and the treadmills/elliptical were all in good working order. The only con were the free weight machinery was pretty old but working.

Concierge Lounge:
The concierge lounge was located on the 25th floor. Food/service on par with US lounges. Lounge only open for breakfast on weekends.

Food service times:
Breakfast (Mon – Fri) 6:30a – 9:00a
Breakfast (sat – Sun) 6:30a – 10:00a
Hor D’oeuvres (Sun – Thurs) 5:30p – 7:30p
Desserts (Sun – Thurs) 7:30p – 9:00p
Old May 1, 2016, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the detailed report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by ssafro1

Concierge Lounge:
The concierge lounge was located on the 25th floor. Food/service on par with US lounges. Lounge only open for breakfast on weekends.
I would disagree.

Breakfast... any hot protein that you want, as long as it is scrambled eggs... every day... day after day.

No bacon, sausage, whatever. Cold sliced ham on occasion... otherwise just cold luncheon meats. No potatoes. Take away the smoked salmon... and the menu does not measure up to Hampton Inn standards.

Evening hot items... pretty pedestrian. Accentuated by some crumbled pieces of cheese and crackers.

Limited pastries later in the evening.

And, yes... lounge is locked up tight on Friday evenings. Can't even get in to get a bottle of water or a cup of coffee. Great disappointment for those who work a full day on Friday and have to return to the east coast on Saturday.
Old May 3, 2016, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Looking at a stay the first full weekend in August in Vancouver, and would like to try and stay at the Marriott Pinnacle. Rates are showing ~$449 (CDN)/night - on a AAA rate.

I know summer is high season, but still seems a bit steep. Anyone know if there is something going on that weekend, or if this is a typical rate for Vancouver given the time of year. Any chance of it coming down at all?

For now, I've booked at the Delta Burnaby, which is much more reasonable, but definitely a Skytrain or drive to anywhere I would ideally want to go, so would really prefer to be downtown if possible.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Does anybody else find a stronger than normal smell of chemicals coming from the Marriott Downtown propertyl?
Old May 7, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Looking at a stay the first full weekend in August in Vancouver, and would like to try and stay at the Marriott Pinnacle. Rates are showing ~$449 (CDN)/night - on a AAA rate.

I know summer is high season, but still seems a bit steep. Anyone know if there is something going on that weekend, or if this is a typical rate for Vancouver given the time of year. Any chance of it coming down at all?

For now, I've booked at the Delta Burnaby, which is much more reasonable, but definitely a Skytrain or drive to anywhere I would ideally want to go, so would really prefer to be downtown if possible.
The first weekend in August is a long weekend in Canada. The holiday Monday, August 1 is BC Day, and that will push up peak rates even higher. No chance of a price drop - at least not on transparent booking sites. They might dump a last minute room on Hotwire, etc.

I'd stay in Richmond, along the Canada Line - much nicer than Burnaby and the Expo/Millenium Lines. Also easier to connect to YVR. And if you like Chinese food, some of the restaurants in Richmond are better than in China, according to the NY Times.
Old May 8, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Transportprof, BC Day weekend is July 29--Aug. 1 this year. Emcampbe said (s)he'll be there the following weekend: Aug. 5--7, which is when I thought of coming for KitsFest.

BTW, I stayed 3 nights last summer at the Sheraton of Richmond BC for concerts of Blondie & Brian Wilson faction of the Beach Boys. Overpriced at C$300 a night (as much as many DT hotels!) but a bargain at Cat. 2 then, fairly priced at Cat. 3 now. I took advantage of the restaurants of that giant New Chinatown !
Old May 9, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I would disagree.

Breakfast... any hot protein that you want, as long as it is scrambled eggs... every day... day after day.

No bacon, sausage, whatever. Cold sliced ham on occasion... otherwise just cold luncheon meats. No potatoes. Take away the smoked salmon... and the menu does not measure up to Hampton Inn standards.

Evening hot items... pretty pedestrian. Accentuated by some crumbled pieces of cheese and crackers.

Limited pastries later in the evening.
I stayed there Sun-Wed last week, scrambled egg every morning (although smoked salmon was some consolation). Agree that the breakfast selection is lacking compared to other FSMs. I got luckier with the cold meat selections, FWIW - three to choose from, with even one change in one cold meat in three days

Evening hot items were hit and miss. Cheese variety was ok, but it gets picked over very quickly and so I can see how it could degenerate in to crumbs quite early on!

Usually only one choice of "dessert" later in the evening (a decent enough Creme caramel one night), and maybe some random pastries too.

Pretty good views of coal harbour, though. Watching the seaplanes is always enjoyable

That said, from memory the Victoria property has a far superior lounge - and the US properties I've stayed at have tended to have more generous breakfast options in their lounges too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.