Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
I noticed that the Marriott forum has quite a few "stickie" threads and that the number has been slowly growing over the years. Also, it seems most of the other hotel/airline forums have a "master" FAQ thread at the top of their forums.

So I thought it might be a good idea if we tried to put together a Marriott Master FAQ thread. I have started one below with some general topics (I admit that I looked at the Hilton and the Starwood FAQs to get some ideas.)

My thoughts are that people could chime in with suggestions on additions, topic areas, etc. Whatever anyone thinks would be helpful.

So don't be shy. Let me know your thoughts (even if you think I'm totally doing it wrong.)

Marriott and Starwood Merger Threads

Important Marriott Forum Member's Threads

Popular Hotel and City Master Threads

Marriott Elite levels, benefits, status
Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)
Can my spouse and I both get lounge guests?
2014 Status Buyback is back!
Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status
Platinum Premier level, 2016-present
Does Marriott match other programs' elite status?
"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Questions involving rollover nights
Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Platinum worth it?
Questions about "The Ultimate Guarantee"
Just Curious - Have you ever gotten, lost, and regained Platinum Premier
Official Upgrade Policy
Taking Advantage of Platinum Guaranteed Reservation
Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016
Can I get my Gold benefits if room is booked in another name?
Is Free Internet Available for Multiple Rooms?
Platinum redeeming points for someone else - upgrades?
Simultaneous Stays - Multiple Elite Nights?
Multiple Rooms Rules for Elites
Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Ritz Carlton Rewards Marriott Rewards Points Marriott Rewards Promotions/Bonus Opportunities Marriott/Ritz Carlton Credit Cards Marriott Program Comparisons with other Hotel Programs General Marriott Threads for FlyerTalk members
Print Wikipost

Marriott FAQ Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:58 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
It's May 22 cancel date-prepaid reservation. I was trying to avoid having to call Budapest but I will at a normal hours.
Another option might be to call the Gold line and ask them to help you out. They should be able to contact the hotel and work out changing your reservation for you.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Does Marriott still offer a soft landing across all tiers?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:07 am
Original Poster

AFAIK, yes they still do. I've not seen or heard of any change on that.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
I didnt realize that with UA 1K the gold Marriot was not automatic, but the marriot desk in sydney quickly made the addition to my status.

Need to remember to renew the marriot gold from UA 1K each year
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Does anyone have an email address for Marriott customer complaints? I know there is a contact form on the website but it doesn't let you send attachments. I've not been able to get a response/resolution from the relevant hotel GM so I need to involve Marriott head office.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
If I get status matched from SPG Platinum to Marriott Platinum, does all the subsequent stay counted as roll-over night?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Trying to find where to drop this: (Marriott ranked best hotel rewards program by a new report by U.S. News & World Report)

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjourn...-programs.html
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SpicyMorale
Trying to find where to drop this
It might be worth starting a new thread for discussion.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Hello,

As a gold elite do you get complementary breakfast
at Courtyard properties?

Thanks for any replies
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:03 am
Original Poster

In general, free breakfast for Gold or Plats is NOT a stated benefit at CYs. So most likely you won't get free breakfast. But there are Full Service (FS) CYs outside NA where they have lounges and will give Gold/Plats access which usually come with free breakfast. Also, at least my experience has been that the corporate rates I use at CYs are more likely to include breakfast than I see at other Marriott chains.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by hhoope01
In general, free breakfast for Gold or Plats is NOT a stated benefit at CYs. So most likely you won't get free breakfast. But there are Full Service (FS) CYs outside NA where they have lounges and will give Gold/Plats access which usually come with free breakfast. Also, at least my experience has been that the corporate rates I use at CYs are more likely to include breakfast than I see at other Marriott chains.
Thank you hhoope01 for your reply^
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
I'm starting to become surprised at how many hotels don't have an enhanced internet option. This benefit has the "where available" qualifier and I realize some locations might not have good access. However I keep seeing a single speed (slow) in locations where it seems very unlikely to me that they can't get a good connection.

At a minimum it would be nice if standard and enhanced internet were features on the very lengthy list of amenities that a property offers (among all the junk like "chair" and "telephone" and "private bathroom")
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:25 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Hi everyone,

what is the current value of 1 MR these days? I'm about to book a night at the Renaissance Zurich and they have a special offer for a room with 2500 bonus points at 189CHF per night. But they have a Junior Suite for 269CHF with 10,000 bonus points. Is it worth the upgrade?...
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:14 am
Original Poster

I'll let others come up with specific $/pt estimations (I usually see around $.01 per point). The real question is what will you use those points on? If I were wanting to order a TP award very quickly due to an airline miles transfer bonus and I was a few thousand points short, this might be a good option to get those points.

Or if you were already thinking about upgrading to the suite room as you really like or want to experience it, then the bonus points can just sweeten the choice.

Is the bonus 'per night' or 'per stay' and how long is your stay? If you have a 5 night stay and the bonus is 'per stay', then basically I doubt many would say the cash outlay (5*129CHF) would be worth the extra 7500 points.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: AC E35, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I had to contact Marriott rewards for my 3 previous stays because points/nights are not posting. Today, my points/nights posted from my last stay but the points are not correct. Anyone else is having issues?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.