Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What's the best way to commend a truly amazing Marriott employee?

Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Hello all. I'm a Marriott plat, and I've been staying pretty consistently at the same property over the past several months. This week I had a serious emergency during my stay, and there was a guest services employee who went above and beyond what I could have ever expected and made my stay as wonderful as possible given the circumstances. I'm going to contact the hotel management to commend her, but I was wondering if Marriott has a national program to recognize their finest staff, and if so, how I can nominate her? Does anyone have experience with formally recognizing an amazing Marriott employee?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:19 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hi CurbedEnthusiasm,

You may nominate the associate for a Spirit to Serve Award by visiting http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott...pirit-to-serve.

Best Regards,

Drew
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
Does anyone have experience with formally recognizing an amazing Marriott employee?
I've written an email to a GM. The employee I wrote about thanked me the next day (in a low-key, discrete manner).

I didn't know about the Spirit to Serve award. Looking back, I probably would have done that, too.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, SPG Plat
Spirit to Serve is a great thing to publish a bit more widely. Can we add it to the Marriott sticky? I've always written GM but would have loved to do something more in a few instances.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by McGoogles
Can we add it to the Marriott sticky?
While your suggestion is a noble gesture, there are already seven stickies at the top of this page. For those viewing FT on the go from a smartphone, that's a lot of virtual real estate being tied up for "stickies".
Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Spirit to Serve is a great thing to publish a bit more widely. Can we add it to the Marriott sticky? I've always written GM but would have loved to do something more in a few instances.
Just add it to your favorites....
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, SPG Plat
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it its own sticky but to add it to the Marriott FAQ thread or something like that.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it its own sticky but to add it to the Marriott FAQ thread or something like that.
PM hhoope01 with your suggestion, as he's maintaining the FAQ.

Cheers.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I nominated an associate (breakfast attendent) from a FFI and she got the award

I got an email from Marriott Insider today:

Thank you again for helping to acknowledge this associate and her outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, this associate has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to hear that they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest.
I wonder whether there is anyway for us to see who gets the award, apart from the one I nominated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.