Wiki Posts
Search

Best concierge lounges in USA.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Best concierge lounges in USA.

Seems to me that comparing concierge lounges in USA to ones in other countries is like comparing apples and oranges. So I thought I would start this thread.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Very hard for me to say.

Gained access in late 06, enjoyed a few nice ones in ATL, SEA, MCI, TPA, HFD, SJC, Boulder for a year then they were "devalued" overnight with Marriott's famous non-notice in early '08. None that I've visited or revisited since have come back to their former glory IMO.

SEA REN was my favorite before then...
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Gotta say my favorite is the LAX Renaissance. Good spread of food at night.

Best breakfast at the c-lounge, is the Marriott at Ontario airport. Insane amount of choices, though it's been about a year since I've been there.

And while it's not a concierge lounge, the San Diego Marriott is giving out breakfast coupons for the Buffet while the c-lounge is under construction. The buffet was fabulous a few weeks ago with the smoked salmon being top shelf.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
My favorite to date is DTW in the downtown Marriott Renaissance Center. They always have a nice spread of appetizers and the staff are amazingly friendly.

I was not impressed recently with the PHL airport Marriott one. Cramped and very few choices of food.

SJC downtown Marriott isn't bad at all. Not as good as DTW but it's pretty roomy and they have a terrace with a nice view (well, as nice as a view of SJC can be). (Actually, the service in general at that hotel impressed me a good deal).
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: co, ba, marriot, national, avis, spg
JW Marriott in Houston

Have to go with the JW Marriott in Houston, near the Galleria. Food has improved significantly in the last few months and the staff are first class. Jason does a great job^
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:50 pm

Agreed the J.W. Marriott in Houston must have increased their budget as of late because the food has much improved.

Manhattan Beach Marriott usually has 1 night a week where they offer make your own Ice Cream Sundaes and many times they offer Sushi one night a week.

Dan
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by thedoorchick:17705018
My favorite to date is DTW in the downtown Marriott Renaissance Center. They always have a nice spread of appetizers and the staff are amazingly friendly.

I was not impressed recently with the PHL airport Marriott one. Cramped and very few choices of food.

SJC downtown Marriott isn't bad at all. Not as good as DTW but it's pretty roomy and they have a terrace with a nice view (well, as nice as a view of SJC can be). (Actually, the service in general at that hotel impressed me a good deal).
+ 1 for SJC Marriott. Boston Long Wharf and San Mateo Marriott both have good breakfast offerings.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by baccarat0809

Best breakfast at the c-lounge, is the Marriott at Ontario airport. Insane amount of choices, though it's been about a year since I've been there.
looking into my crystal ball I can see that you wont be back there again at least in the near future.Nor will anyone else , its now a Radisson. Have no idea if they kept the lounge for Club Carlson top Elites or not
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
+1 for the SJC downtown Marriott as well. Excellent service particularly from Tess in the evenings, and nice lounge layout and terrace. They also have a wonderful manager's reception that I've managed to be there for a few times... sampling of foods from the restaurant and drinks etc.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
My favorite is JW in Grand Rapids. They offer free drinks! They also have good snacks and a great staff.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: Onepass Infinite Plat.MM, UA 1K,Marriott PP,Hertz gold,Hyatt Gold,AA NADA,CO P-CLUB LIFETIME,UA CLUB
Talking Jersey

Got to go for Marriott in Teaneck NJ. Excellent evening snacks but best of all, the lady in the morning and the other lady in the evening are the best. They are the whole package, personality, presentation and great customer service.^
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:44 pm

JW Marquee in Miami blows the Marquee in NYC and LAX. I was there for the UMF and they had oysters, salmon, 3-4 different kind of fish, free alcohol, everything.
But they did increase their price to above $500.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Apples to oranges? More like apples to rotten apples...

Anyway, I always enjoyed both of the Seattle downtown Marriott lounges (Waterfront and Renaissance Madison).

The Marriott in/near Mystic, CT had a pretty good one in 2008, but I haven't been back there since.

One I'd love to get a recent update on: the Westin Grand Bohemian in Orlando had a phenomenal lounge in 2005 - one of the best I've experienced among U.S. Starwoods. Then the hotel left Starwood, was independent for a couple years, and is now a Marriott. I wonder if that lounge is still the same as it was...if so, it's a real gem for a North American hotel.

The Marriott YUL lounge always had the most pleasant staff when we were there. I throw it on this list because I think, in general, Canadian lounges tend to me more like U.S. lounges than "rest of the world" lounges. The food offerings there were consistent with the U.S. lounges but the staff who managed that lounge kept it wonderfully clean and well-stocked.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by flyinghome
My favorite is JW in Grand Rapids. They offer free drinks! They also have good snacks and a great staff.
I'll second that. They even serve craft beer brewed down the street at Founders!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by thedoorchick
Agree with this one. Looking forward to being there in Feb. Not even creeped out by allegation that Jimmy Hoffa may be in a basement room: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...XciKiR2EZa...J

Also, the CVG Airport FS CL is outstanding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.