Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Old May 9, 2000, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG GGL, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT

I just booked three rooms for myself and my family during Christmas at the Sydney Renaissance (wanted ANA, Park Hyatt, Westin, Shearton but they all required a minimum 3 nights and I only wanted 2 nights).

My question is, will I receive points for all three rooms if I pay for them myself? How many nights will that count towards my status?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 9, 2000, 10:49 pm

You earn points on up to two additional rooms(as long as you pay for them yourself). I'm not sure on the night credits...

[This message has been edited by Hawkeye (edited 05-09-2000).]
Old May 10, 2000, 1:01 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I am not sure about the night credits.

A possible solution for the '2 supplementary rooms only can be credited' policy. Get a two or three bedroom suite (counts as 1 room).

And/or anyway: charge all Restaurant-costs to your room.
Old May 15, 2000, 3:51 pm

I have had multiple rooms for one night credited to my account - with no problem.
Old May 15, 2000, 3:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
... and did they also count as NN nights/stays (towards your next status level?) and not only as points earned?
Old Feb 28, 2002, 5:16 am

Can you get points for multiple rooms??

I haven't done this for awhile, but wanted to confirm if I would get the point and night benefit if I reserve more than 1 room at a Marriott for the same dates?

Assuming that the reservation and both rooms are under my name, I should get the points and night for both rooms...right??
Old Feb 28, 2002, 7:27 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001248.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/000947.html
Old Feb 28, 2002, 9:03 am

Yes, you get the points for both rooms, but you only accumulate one night (per day).
Old Feb 28, 2002, 9:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, AA 2MM Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Thinking:
I haven't done this for awhile, but wanted to confirm if I would get the point and night benefit if I reserve more than 1 room at a Marriott for the same dates?

Assuming that the reservation and both rooms are under my name, I should get the points and night for both rooms...right??
</font>
Thinking, I just hung up with Marriott and they said I can have upto three rooms earning points, aslong as I was staying in one of them. The important question, do you think they will have Marriott Nazis doing bed checks??

Old Feb 28, 2002, 4:05 pm
TUFBEAR

I had 8 rooms that I reserved & paid for when my daughter got married in Colorado Springs a few years ago, all booked under my MR#. It was a fight for about 3 months, and they probably got tired of hearing from me & credited all the points. Only received two nights credit however, for a two night stay---makes sense. At that time the debate was that I should only receive the points for two (2) rooms, not all eight (8). My beef, and they kind of understood, was that I also paid for everyones meals. The total, as I recall, was about $2,500.00. As mentioned above, it depends who you talk to, as to what they will waive, as far as rules are concerned. But I wouldn't take anything to the bank, relying on my past experiences. Just thought of something else---When you check-in and you don't put multiple rooms on your own CC, sometimes they will re-register the additional room (rooms) in the other cardholders name & remove your MR#. You may ask them to put all the rooms on one bill, under your name, and charge it all to your card. But, most of the time they will tell you that each room must be billed individually.

[This message has been edited by TUFBEAR (edited 02-28-2002).]

Old Mar 1, 2002, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ORDNorth:
Thinking, I just hung up with Marriott and they said I can have upto three rooms earning points, aslong as I was staying in one of them. The important question, do you think they will have Marriott Nazis doing bed checks??

</font>
If you're asking if you can have more than 3...unfortunately no...the computer system will kick it out each night...if you're asking if you really need to stay in 1 of the rooms...nope...

Old Mar 1, 2002, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TUFBEAR:
I had 8 rooms that I reserved & paid for when my daughter got married in Colorado Springs a few years ago, all booked under my MR#. It was a fight for about 3 months, and they probably got tired of hearing from me & credited all the points. Only received two nights credit however, for a two night stay---makes sense. At that time the debate was that I should only receive the points for two (2) rooms, not all eight (8). My beef, and they kind of understood, was that I also paid for everyones meals. The total, as I recall, was about $2,500.00. As mentioned above, it depends who you talk to, as to what they will waive, as far as rules are concerned. But I wouldn't take anything to the bank, relying on my past experiences. Just thought of something else---When you check-in and you don't put multiple rooms on your own CC, sometimes they will re-register the additional room (rooms) in the other cardholders name & remove your MR#. You may ask them to put all the rooms on one bill, under your name, and charge it all to your card. But, most of the time they will tell you that each room must be billed individually.

[This message has been edited by TUFBEAR (edited 02-28-2002).]
</font>
Not sure why they are telling you most rooms must be billed seperately....at Marriott/Renaissance hotels it's quite easy to set up the computer to post all charges for the additional rooms to your room...in the future try asking for the charges from those rooms to be "routed" to your room (hope this helps)
Old Mar 1, 2002, 8:19 am
TUFBEAR

Thanks, socrates--- Last week I paid for two rooms in Denver. I didn't want my daughter to have the Express Checkout bill under her door in the morning. Never thought about having both charges put on my room. DUH!!! With 98 (actual) nights last year, I guess we're still learning---Thats why I appreciate FT & people like you.

Old Mar 2, 2002, 12:10 am

i recently had 8 rooms booked for 4 nights for my son's wedding, and got the points credited, using my HGA account, my credit card, and all rooms booked under my name. Very expensive, but worthwhile...not to mention the bonuses we received subsequently.

good luck

d
Old Mar 14, 2002, 11:58 pm

book multiple rooms online?

Anyone know if this can be done? (more than one room at a time for the same property&night)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.