Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Stopped by 4 CVS today, including 2 that are usually reliable, all out of stock.
I've read reports on here of stores pulling them so they could replace them with a different security strip. I wonder if that's happening on this side of the country. The western united states was reporting that before...
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I've read reports on here of stores pulling them so they could replace them with a different security strip. I wonder if that's happening on this side of the country. The western united states was reporting that before...
In NY/NJ havent run into that problem , I have heard its ca$h only even thou Ive purchased there before. Just asking her to try it since the CVS near to my office never had a ca$h policy, and bingo it worked. Ive also found its alot easier to use 2 different CCs instead of 1 for the full amount. It always goes thru, when I ddi 1 transaction alot of times they need a mgr overide and the CC doesnt always go thru
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: SQ
It would be a useful data point to know the locations that suddenly dont have VRs instead of us just complaining
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
It would be a useful data point to know the locations that suddenly dont have VRs instead of us just complaining
Dont really see many people complaining but in Boston MA, out of 5 stores, 2 are out for over 2 weeks.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Chicago.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Chicago.
Not true.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by arsenalman
Dont really see many people complaining but in Boston MA, out of 5 stores, 2 are out for over 2 weeks.
Are you downtown? There are five in the "square" downtown (diagonal formed by the one on Summer Street and the one behind Govt Center T) and they all seem to be out at the moment, although the one on Washington Street had a few the other day.

Mike
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:41 am

just bought two VRs in orlando, fl
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:32 pm

just bought a smoothie at Jamba Juice in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by WhateverDude
I laughed out loud (real loud) at my desk at work. People think I'm crazy.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I laughed out loud (real loud) at my desk at work. People think I'm crazy.
Glad you got a laugh out of it. I figured both those posts had about the same value to this forum.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Originally Posted by mikeef
Are you downtown? There are five in the "square" downtown (diagonal formed by the one on Summer Street and the one behind Govt Center T) and they all seem to be out at the moment, although the one on Washington Street had a few the other day.

Mike
Yup. They are drying up fast and not restocking.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:20 pm

Glad you got a laugh out of it. I figured both those posts had about the same value to this forum.
Yes. same value as more than 95% of the posts (imho) but no laughs!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by arsenalman
Yup. They are drying up fast and not restocking.
I'm thinking that they are rolling in a new card. At least, I hope that's what it is.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: A few
did you use a credit card? was it hidden behind the coke? are there any more left?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.