Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, Marriott
Originally Posted by greendx
Btw did he mention anything about VRs being used to fund terrorists, drug dealers and pimps?
I get the humor, save it for later
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boohoo1313
Store manager debrief happens by zip code every alternate day, this morning it was advised to him (and others) that variable value load cards (all brands) are cash only till further notice, fixed value gift cards can be bought via cc
What state you are in?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
What state you are in?
AZ
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:17 pm

I get the humor, save it for later
It's all good. Just pointing out that we've all been told all kinds of things. Hope it's not dead yet but if it is nice while it lasted.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Meaning that you have bad luck?
I could definitely see Murphy's Law come into play here.

Mike
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by greendx
It's all good. Just pointing out that we've all been told all kinds of things. Hope it's not dead yet but if it is nice while it lasted.
yep, thank you ^
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
There are some Walgreens that allow CC purchases for things around the country. Some of these chains are owned by different folks. I'm going to buy some (or attempt to) and report back.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Great. My Thank You Preferred 5X at drugstores is coming this week. Is the party really over at CVS?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:50 pm

Still worked for me about 5 minutes ago. I read that post and made it to CVS in record time. Bought VR with the same ease I've always been able to get them. Even easier in fact...no ID check even.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:21 pm

I was in Las Vegas last week and in 2 CVS stores the Vanilla reloads were cash only... I,m in Phoenix currently and have tried at 2 different CVS stores, the first store would sell me 1 reload card for $500 on cc but the second store was a cash only...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by mgrifff34
I was in Las Vegas last week and in 2 CVS stores the Vanilla reloads were cash only... I,m in Phoenix currently and have tried at 2 different CVS stores, the first store would sell me 1 reload card for $500 on cc but the second store was a cash only...
No one here will believe you coz you have 8 posts
They all will figure out in couple of days.
Strange time we live in where face value is diminishing !
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
No one here will believe you coz you have 8 posts
They all will figure out in couple of days.
Strange time we live in where face value is diminishing !
I'm totally into newbie-sourcing. It's the future of the Internet. There's no doubt that you always get the best information from the newest folks to a forum because they're not tied to the past. . .
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
I'm totally into newbie-sourcing. It's the future of the Internet. There's no doubt that you always get the best information from the newest folks to a forum because they're not tied to the past. . .
Thank you sir ^
Glad someone around here is welcoming
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:48 pm

Thank you sir ^
Glad someone around here is welcoming
I'm not being unwelcoming, but I am saying that no one else is confirming it. If one could not buy GC/VR at CVS today and it was cash only or only a few stores had this policy already in place, there would be dozens of other reports. Every 10 pages or so on any of these threads, it's become the norm for someone to state it's over.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:52 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by newbynewbynew
I'm not being unwelcoming, but I am saying that no one else is confirming it. If one could not buy GC/VR at CVS today and it was cash only or only a few stores had this policy already in place, there would be dozens of other reports. Every 10 pages or so on any of these threads, it's become the norm for someone to state it's over.
Point taken sir

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.