Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Westcoaster:21034135

If they don't have fans when we're there in September I'll probably pick up a cheap floor fan at the local Costco or hardware store...
Damn, wish I had thought of that! We check out tomorrow (sigh) so it's not worthwhile to buy one now. But I will certainly remember that trick!

Regarding the furnace, I intentionally did not call maintenance... I figure it blows stronger without :-)
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Thanks for the info levman. You might contact the front desk or housekeeping to see if they have a floor fan you can use. Some hotels do have these.

If they don't have fans when we're there in September I'll probably pick up a cheap floor fan at the local Costco or hardware store for use during our stay. I've done this in the past in places like Las Vegas when I was there for a week in hot weather and it really made a difference. I didn't mind leaving the fan behind when I left.

Also you could contact maintenance and ask them to replace that filter. It's surprising to me how many times I've asked to have the AC checked in my room only to have maintenance personnel pull out an absolutely filthy filter and replace it. I guess that type of maintenance is low on their list of priorities.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay.
We are at the property now. Lagoon tower. I already knew about the VIP mode on the thermostat and also the fan. They brought one without any issue at all.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Another thing this hotel has added since my last stay (been a few years as we have been going to Maui/Grand Wailea the last several year..MUCH better property by the way) is photographers in various parts of the hotel at different times of the day to capture you with dolphins or a great sunset etc. obviously a marketing ploy but still a nice way to get great pictures. Check them out near front desk
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
stayed here last week on standard room award stay. there was NO resort charge on standard award.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Just got back on Sunday after 17 days on the Big Island. 10 nights we stayed at the Hilton and 6 nights at the Marriott.

Hilton room was awesome! We were in a wonderful Ocean View on the 5th floor (only 6 floors total) in the Lagoon Tower with 2 queens. The room was very spacious although it was a challenge to keep it cool, the VIP trick certainly helped. Also, make sure to check the air filter as soon as you get into the room. I always carry a multi-tool, but a penny should work just fine in turning the lock nuts. Ours was caked with dust. Once he replaced it and added some foam insulation, the air flow was much greater.

Loved the dual sinks in the bathroom considering I'm the minority with 2 women in the household We stayed on points and had the daily resort fee waived. Also provided 2 $10 coupons daily for dining. Keep in mind, you can combine these in whatever manner you want - meaning you're not limited to using just 1 per person. We had 20 of them so they came in handy when we went for the buffet breakfast some days. They were running a 'Mynah Bird' special from 6:30-7:00am during our 10 nights that cut $10 off the price. With using 3 coupons per breakfast, we paid $25 (including $5 tip) for what would've been $50 without the coupons. Without the special, it was normally $29.95. 12 and under are half price (mynah price was $10). So, in our situation, the coupons were very useful.

One thing that was quite annoying though is those darn Mynah Birds! They congregate in a single tree on the island over in the Lagoon Tower EVERY dang morning sunrise and evening at sunset!! Talk about a racket!! I guess it was good we generally came back to the room after they had left...but those mornings......ohhhhhh how they were noisy!!

Overall great experience and would do it again...but only in the Lagoon Tower. The other 2 towers are too far away although you do get an awesome view of the ocean from those facing it in the Ocean Tower. Will be good once they renovate that tower! Still not sure I'd be able to endure the hike, but who knows.

Peace!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Talking

Deleted post -

Last edited by NVGuy36; Jul 24, 2013 at 10:06 pm Reason: Duplicate post - sorry!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: HHonors, Mileage Plus, Skymiles, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, Amtrak Guest Rewards

Was just at HWV and saw this sign. Looks like some changes are coming...
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: VAG
The best guide to whether you're going to like the Hilton Waikoloa is this:

Suppose you have a beach, a lagoon, and some nice palm trees. Do you think this setting would be improved by a gigantic five-storey tall colonnade sticking out of the lagoon for no apparent reason? How about a monorail?

If so, then the Hilton Waikoloa is the place for you!
Old Aug 13, 2013, 5:05 am

I have always liked monorails...
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Jorgen
The best guide to whether you're going to like the Hilton Waikoloa is this:

Suppose you have a beach, a lagoon, and some nice palm trees. Do you think this setting would be improved by a gigantic five-storey tall colonnade sticking out of the lagoon for no apparent reason? How about a monorail?

If so, then the Hilton Waikoloa is the place for you!
They have a beach? I must have missed it.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
They have a beach? I must have missed it.
The beach is adjacent to the lagoon/bay - it might be an artificial beach (much like the resort itself), but it does provide access to the water for swimming, snorkeling, paddling and other water fun.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
... - it might be an artificial beach (much like the resort itself),...
Just curious what resorts are not 'artificial'? Would that mean you have to stay in a hollow tree trunk for it to be natural?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by eltex
Just curious what resorts are not 'artificial'? Would that mean you have to stay in a hollow tree trunk for it to be natural?
Some Hawaiian resorts blend with the natural environment around them - Hualalai, Kona Village, and some eco-friendly resorts coming to Lana'i.

Certainly more natural than an artificial boat river, Disney-esque monorail, etc.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:25 pm

Well, we just booked 4 nights in the Nai'a/Naupaka Suite for next summer. This is our points dump, as we arranged it that our reservations will basically empty our HHonors accounts. Unless something changes with the HH program, I can't see trying to gain more points in the future. Most of our future focus will be on Hyatt/SPG properties.

Not many reviews on these suites, but I did find one excellent review over at tugbbs, which is the timeshare owners group forum. I think my kids will like the idea of dolphins right off the back patio.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, MR Silver
I have tried to research this on the HHonors website. I just returned from a 10 day award stay here and got NO points for room charges. This is a hilton owned property (corporate owned). The rules indicate the indiviual hotel has some wiggle room. Am I really not supposed to earn points on room charge? One more way to screw Diamonds at this property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.