Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 1:23 am

We had the same exact room, the view was about as good as it gets. Great spot for sunset and as long as you can survive the added walk or tram ride you can't beat the location.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 4:12 pm

Rate question

Will bet here in about 4 weeks. I see some posts with a $150 a night or so rate. I am at almost $200 a night for 2 adults and 2 kids. Are we overpaying? We are gold. Do we get who $10 vouchers each day instead of continental breakfast or in addition to breakfast?

Thanks
Old Jun 14, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Amex HHonors Surpass, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by flightmedic
Will bet here in about 4 weeks. I see some posts with a $150 a night or so rate. I am at almost $200 a night for 2 adults and 2 kids. Are we overpaying? We are gold. Do we get who $10 vouchers each day instead of continental breakfast or in addition to breakfast?

Thanks
You will get 2 $10 vouchers for each day you are staying, to use for breakfast or any other meal. So 7 days = $140. You do not get breakfast unless you want to pay for it or use your vouchers to pay for it.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Gold
just returned

Just returned today from a 6 night stay and had a blast. I will post a detailed trip report when I am not so exhausted. But, I did want to share that the lagoon tower rooms were stripped bare, down to the steel brackets. I noticed them installing new doors on some units and many had the toilets sitting on the balcony. I heard they do not expect it to be finished until August. Other improvements being made included reconstruction of all the boat stops. I was so sad when I heard the lagoon tower would be closed. But we LOVED our Deluxe ocean view room in the ocean tower. We had a view of the sunset, walked the pathway that follows the lagoon to the pools and took the tram to the lobby when needed. We also enjoyed the flexibility of using the $10 vouchers. More details later.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:49 pm

Are the views from a Palace Tower Suites similar to an ocean view from the Lagoon Tower? My room got switched and i'm not sure if I should ask to be moved to the Ocean Tower. We leave in 2 weeks.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by boots041836
Are the views from a Palace Tower Suites similar to an ocean view from the Lagoon Tower? My room got switched and i'm not sure if I should ask to be moved to the Ocean Tower. We leave in 2 weeks.
We stayed in the Palace Tower last year in August. Upsides are that it's centrally located in the HWV complex and it's probably the quietest tower out of the three - mainly because nothing really happens there.

We had a partial ocean view room on the 5th floor and it was what was described - a partial ocean view. I would guess that an ocean view room would give you a true full view but you are also farther away from the coastline than the other towers.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: Delta Platinum and Million Miler, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by boots041836
I haven't stayed in the Palace Tower -- but comments I've read suggest it's really not the ideal vacation spot, but more like the best play to stay for convenient access to meeting rooms if you're there for business.

We stayed int he Lagoon Tower in April. Palace Tower seemed a bit isolated from the views and the action -- I'd suggest moving if you can.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
id like to know of others success with award bookings at this location. im not surprised that i see no points/money availability but also i dont see any rooms at 50k points with 2 beds. i see it for 1 king, but for family travelers like myself that doesn't work. i see lots of premium rooms at 90k points!

also how about AXON or VIP bookings here. Is there any availablity during the summer?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by koctail
id like to know of others success with award bookings at this location. im not surprised that i see no points/money availability but also i dont see any rooms at 50k points with 2 beds. i see it for 1 king, but for family travelers like myself that doesn't work. i see lots of premium rooms at 90k points!

also how about AXON or VIP bookings here. Is there any availablity during the summer?
the king bed comes with a pull out sleaper couch that will fir one child very well, we recently got a king for only 35.5k per night for a 7 night stay, many times the partial ocena view are cheaper than the garden view
Old Jun 20, 2012, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by koctail

I just booked four nights with a two bed room in August with Axon.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:17 pm

Our room with two beds earlier this month was 50,000 points per night, no problem getting it. It might be to late to get free award travel this late in the summer booking season plus they only have 2/3 of the rooms available.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:02 pm

Just got back this morning from a 7 night stay at HWV. Booked this vacation as a package with airfare from Delta Vacations.

There is a LOT of work being done on the Lagoon Tower right now - and as stated previously, the entire building is closed to guests. Should be really nice when everything is finished.

Because of this, there is definitely a dropoff in the total number of guests at the resort, which was nice because there was ample room at the pools and restaurants. The downside is that occupancy is probably close to 100% - I was denied an HHonors Gold room upgrade simply because there weren't any rooms to upgrade to. I even offered to pay for an upgrade to a suite but none were available. We were placed on a waiting list for an upgrade should anything become available but as expected, nothing came of it. However, the partial ocean view room (with double beds) that we were given on the 6th floor of the Ocean Tower was more than satisfactory.

My only gripe about this trip was that it was fairly windy the entire time we were there, day and night. That certainly isn't Hilton's fault, however. We still had a wonderful time.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:57 pm

Hi,
We are planning on staying here late October for 4 nights. I am Gold and we will be using AXON points reservation. We have 2 little kids. The wife is interested in a suite. I highly doubt I would be upgraded to one for free, but have people had success paying for an upgrade and how much was it (especially in the off-season)? Also, would I have better luck if I booked a premium reward instead of an AXON reward, since that would start me from a higher room? I'm seeing some premium rewards starting at 45k per night versus the 37.25k AXON we would be getting. Curious for your thoughts. Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by swallaby
Hi,
We are planning on staying here late October for 4 nights. I am Gold and we will be using AXON points reservation. We have 2 little kids. The wife is interested in a suite. I highly doubt I would be upgraded to one for free, but have people had success paying for an upgrade and how much was it (especially in the off-season)? Also, would I have better luck if I booked a premium reward instead of an AXON reward, since that would start me from a higher room? I'm seeing some premium rewards starting at 45k per night versus the 37.25k AXON we would be getting. Curious for your thoughts. Thanks!
As I recall seeing the suites here start around 70k per night on award on the offseason(november and May) I have alwasy been upgreaded to a great room lagoon tower dolphin view or ocean tower ocen front but have never gotten a suite. the regular rooms are large, like 550 SQFT anf feel like a junior suite. all the king rooms come with a sofa sleeper pull out that wil confortable sleep one kid under 10. we only have one kid but have been here twice in the last 15 months and think this hotel is realy set up to accomidate a family in one room with out having to trip all over each other
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, UA Plat.
We're staying at HWV next week for our 10th anniversary. I'm going to book dinner at Brown's at the Fairmont for our anniversary. We're going to have a car earlier in the week, but then we plan on staying at the resort the remainder. So I was going to ditch the car. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a taxi to/from there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.