Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Old Mar 22, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ilovesprint
Booked Lava Lava for Sat night at sunset
ask for jon as your waiter if possible he helpd to make the meal great
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Just had a very very good meal at merriman's market cafe. Pesto pasta was excellence, ordered Mac & cheese of the adult menu for the son which was excellent, caprese salad very good and kids 3 and under eat free!

Highly recommended
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by ilovesprint
Booked Lava Lava for Sat night at sunset
Atmosphere was great, our server was very below avg (didn't get Jon). Lava lava burger was a top 5 burger I have ever had. Ahi was OK.

Definite must dine whe going to hwv
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
We liked http://www.yelp.com/biz/charleys-thai-cuisine-waikoloa Didn't see the reviews until afterwards, do not agree with most of the negative ones; a bit pricey relative to the mainland, but a good value for Waikoloa.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Good towncar/taxi service from KOA to Waikoloa

Hi,

I will be arriving at KOA on 28th April for 6 nights at the Waikoloa village and will not have a car ( I realise this will make me a POH ( Prisoner of Hilton ) but am looking forward to 6 days of doing not a lot ( and practice taking photos with my DSLR) but might book a volcano tour.

Do you know if there are any good towncar/taxi firm to book in advance to take me from KOA to the hotel ( and back). I would probably like to make a stop at a grocery store to pick up water and soda ( cheaper than at the hotel) please.

Many thanks

TBS
Old Apr 7, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA and UA aluminium foil, Hilton gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I will be arriving at KOA on 28th April for 6 nights at the Waikoloa village and will not have a car ( I realise this will make me a POH ( Prisoner of Hilton ) but am looking forward to 6 days of doing not a lot ( and practice taking photos with my DSLR) but might book a volcano tour.

Do you know if there are any good towncar/taxi firm to book in advance to take me from KOA to the hotel ( and back). I would probably like to make a stop at a grocery store to pick up water and soda ( cheaper than at the hotel) please.

Many thanks

TBS
On the hiltonwaikoloavillage.com website there is a section near the upper right portion of the main page titled "location and travel" with links and info for many transportation options between the airport and hotel.

Also, National Car Rental has an on-site office at the hotel and you could book a car for a day or so if you wanted to drive to the volcano and do some site-seeing.

Also, there are a couple different markets in the shopping areas near the hotel where you can purchase groceries so no need to stop in town. (Yes, probably more expensive, but convenient.) the Kings Shops and Queens Marketplace are within walking distance and there is also a shuttle that is a buck or two.

While I love the property (have been there 10 times or so and am returning in May) you are on one of the most beautiful island places on earth and it would be a shame not to see more of it than just the hotel...

Enjoy your trip!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
The next time someone here stays at this hotel would you please make note of the brand of thermostat in the room? A picture would be great but the brand name itself would be most helpful.

I want to do some research before my stay there later this year.

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by nadaranch
Also, there are a couple different markets in the shopping areas near the hotel where you can purchase groceries so no need to stop in town. (Yes, probably more expensive, but convenient.) the Kings Shops and Queens Marketplace are within walking distance and there is also a shuttle that is a buck or two.

While I love the property (have been there 10 times or so and am returning in May) you are on one of the most beautiful island places on earth and it would be a shame not to see more of it than just the hotel...

Enjoy your trip!
I totally agree here -- Yes, you can walk to Kings Shops, and you could just stay at the hotel the whole time, but you are missing out on *so much* by not renting a car.

Every time I go, I rent a jeep, and enjoy the places unlike anywhere else on earth such as Mauna Kea summit, Waipio Valley, and the green sand beach (and others). Last time I was there, I was able to rent a jeep from (national or alamo, I forget) for like $15/day -- totally worth it.

Also keep in mind that the dining options at the Hilton are all expensive. Renting a car can easily save you money. on dinner costs alone.
Enjoy your trip.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Cool

Originally Posted by some dude
Last time I was there, I was able to rent a jeep from (national or alamo, I forget) for like $15/day -- totally worth it.
I couldn't get anything remotely close to $15 for our upcoming 16 day trip. Best I could do was $42/day AI for a full size. I think 4 wheel drives were running $75 and higher....and they were just SUV type 4WD...crazy man...crazy!!
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:24 pm

What would this resort be like for a single person who wouldn't want to venture out much beyond the premises? Not a kid person, nor much of a driver, but I got a great offer recently for a week's stay ...
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:31 pm

Very family orientated
Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:16 pm

Ugh thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 3:10 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by joetro
What would this resort be like for a single person who wouldn't want to venture out much beyond the premises? Not a kid person, nor much of a driver, but I got a great offer recently for a week's stay ...
Agree with former poster. Forget it then. The taxi driver who drove us from the airport to the hotel called it "Disneyland", which is kinda true.... Nice place to stay if you can get away lots by car
Old Apr 26, 2013, 4:21 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by joetro
The resort doesn't have a beach, why fly to Hawaii for a pool and shopping center? We were there for six nights and spent a half day at the resort (laundry day) before going to the beach for the rest of the day.

It isn't the kind of place you wouldn't want to leave, HHV would be a better choice since you could walk to Waikiki restaurants, bars, shopping etc. or take public transportation.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
The resort doesn't have a beach, why fly to Hawaii for a pool and shopping center? We were there for six nights and spent a half day at the resort (laundry day) before going to the beach for the rest of the day.

It isn't the kind of place you wouldn't want to leave, HHV would be a better choice since you could walk to Waikiki restaurants, bars, shopping etc. or take public transportation.
Totally agree about this hotel. Having been to the Big Island a few times (and staying at this hotel once), I spent almost no time at the hotel, and most of it out and about exploring the island. This place may be a great place to stay with a kid, or if you have a great deal as a place to sleep and then leave for the day. I couldn't imagine spending multiple days hanging out by the pool at a no-beach hotel on this island. Go to Florida if that's your thing -- much cheaper.

As far as what to do here -- either rent a car, or if you just want to hang out at the hotel, I'd really suggest picking another.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.