Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kshahk
sorry if this has been answered before, but if i get the fairmont chase cc and get two free nights after spending 1000. Can i book this for a friend and will he receive breakfast as well?
No and no. Premier members cannot transfer their certs to anyone and Platinum members can only transfer their certs to immediate family.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 5:58 am

In my experience, the free night posted at the annual anniversary and did remain in my Fairmont account even after I cancelled the card. The T&C say the free nights are NOT transferable, but I have not tested this.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't find it. When you sign up for the credit card, it triggers a new Fairmont Premier membership if you did not have one already. At this point the credit card has not yet arrived but I can log into the Fairmont program itself. I see some certificates that are about to expire at the end of this Feb, 2014 (suite upgrade, room upgrade, 2 $25 food certificates). I take it these are coming from the Fairmont program and not the credit card? Do they really expire in just one month? Will more of the same be deposited for the upcoming year as a regular annual thing? Will the credit card related ones be separately deposited? I guess this may be more of a FPC question than a credit card question, but I am asking here because I am unsure whether these certificates with really short expiry are related to the credit card or not.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Maykita
I see some certificates that are about to expire at the end of this Feb, 2014 (suite upgrade, room upgrade, 2 $25 food certificates). I take it these are coming from the Fairmont program and not the credit card? Do they really expire in just one month? Will more of the same be deposited for the upcoming year as a regular annual thing? Will the credit card related ones be separately deposited?
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

When you look at your certificates, you will see two sections - Fairmont President’s Club Certificates and Fairmont Visa Signature Card Certificates.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

When you look at your certificates, you will see two sections - Fairmont President’s Club Certificates and Fairmont Visa Signature Card Certificates.
Awesome, thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Good summary, but there is one question I'm not sure if anyone has been able to answer on the the President's Club Certificates and "risk" depending on when you cancel the credit card.

We know holding the card gets you not only the Visa Signature Card Certificates (e.g. 2 free nights) BUT also qualifies you for President's Club to also get those certificates (e.g. upgrades, dinner) by holding the credit card.

We also know that the President's Club certificates regenerate every March.

What I *don't* think we know is how/when Chase communicates you're still a cardholder to Fairmont for purposes of Fairmont determining you're still a card holder for President's Club purposes. Further, when Fairmont knows you're no longer a cardmember for President's Club purposes, will they then remove the existing President's Club certs or just not renew?

For an example, if you get the Chase card and meet the qualifying spend in June, but cancel the card in January, will Fairmont:

a) remove the existing President's Club certs in the account,
b) simply not renew them in March,
c) renew them, but you lose them in June- if Fairmont checks at card-holding anniversary time, or
d) renew them, but you won't get new ones the next February?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
Good summary, but there is one question I'm not sure if anyone has been able to answer on the the President's Club Certificates and "risk" depending on when you cancel the credit card.

We know holding the card gets you not only the Visa Signature Card Certificates (e.g. 2 free nights) BUT also qualifies you for President's Club to also get those certificates (e.g. upgrades, dinner) by holding the credit card.

We also know that the President's Club certificates regenerate every March.

What I *don't* think we know is how/when Chase communicates you're still a cardholder to Fairmont for purposes of Fairmont determining you're still a card holder for President's Club purposes. Further, when Fairmont knows you're no longer a cardmember for President's Club purposes, will they then remove the existing President's Club certs or just not renew?

For an example, if you get the Chase card and meet the qualifying spend in June, but cancel the card in January, will Fairmont:

c) renew them, but you lose them in June- if Fairmont checks at card-holding anniversary time, or
I was a charter card member-originally got the card in July 2012. I canceled the card in August 2013. I no longer show as a Premier member in my profile, however my certs are still there valid until March 2014. They even extended them one week so I could use for an upcoming stay.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:36 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by teammjs
No, once there, you are fine
If you cancel before March 1, you will not get new certs (Unless you qualified for Premier through stays)
No, once in account, they stay til expiry date
Again if you cancel, you will not be renewed on the Next March, after cancel, unless requal through stays.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pickles1107
I was a charter card member-originally got the card in July 2012. I canceled the card in August 2013. I no longer show as a Premier member in my profile, however my certs are still there valid until March 2014. They even extended them one week so I could use for an upcoming stay.
Interesting. Did the Fairmont website show you as a Premier member until Dec. 31 or did your status drop earlier during 2013?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by Schutzee
In my experience, the free night posted at the annual anniversary and did remain in my Fairmont account even after I cancelled the card. The T&C say the free nights are NOT transferable, but I have not tested this.
I've met my $12,000 dollar spend, I've had the card past my anniversary date, and my card has billed 12 times? Where should I be seeing my free night cert? I look online at my Fairmont account, but I don't see where a free night cert has been posted. Am I looking in the wrong place? When should my free night post and where would I find?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by swdke
When should my free night post and where would I find?
My wife's free night posted about two weeks after her anniversary date. It appears under "My Certificates".
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Interesting. Did the Fairmont website show you as a Premier member until Dec. 31 or did your status drop earlier during 2013?

It definitely dropped prior to Dec 31. How far prior? I'm not sure as I wasn't paying close attention to it. When I made an upcoming reservation on Dec 14th, the reservation agent noted that I was no longer Premier.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:04 pm

Question Combining Free Night Certificates?

I have a question about combining the free night certificates. I would like to stay four nights:

Night 1 - paid

Night 2 - paid

Night 3 - free (buy 2, get 1 cert)

Night 4 - free (free night cert)

Has anyone accomplished a booking like this? The buy 2, get 1 cert says it can't be combined with the free night cert. Not sure if that means they can't be used on the same reservation, or that you can't count the free night as one of the two nights you need to buy.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:14 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Burghs
I have a question about combining the free night certificates. I would like to stay four nights:

Night 1 - paid

Night 2 - paid

Night 3 - free (buy 2, get 1 cert)

Night 4 - free (free night cert)

Has anyone accomplished a booking like this? The buy 2, get 1 cert says it can't be combined with the free night cert. Not sure if that means they can't be used on the same reservation, or that you can't count the free night as one of the two nights you need to buy.

Any advice would be appreciated.
This works. Just have to have the agent do it over the phone.
What does not work is 2 Free Night + 3rd night free. (Unless you get a very flexible agent)
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:21 pm

I have my $25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificates expiring at the end of February. Will I be able to use them even if I'm not staying at the hotel?

Since I'm in NYC, I'll only be able to use it at the Plaza. https://www.fairmont.com/the-plaza-new-york/dining/

Ideally, I would like to use it at the The Plaza Food Hall by Todd English but I don't even know if that is possible because that place is like a fancy food court.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.