FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Fairmont Chase Signature Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1334948-fairmont-chase-signature-card.html)

Jasper2009 Apr 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

NOTE: THE FAIRMONT CHASE CREDIT CARD SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED AS OF JAN. 20, 2017

The annual fee for the first year is currently being waived! (updated 30/01/2014)

• Credit Card fee is $95 USD.
• link: www.fairmontcard.com

(The credit card was launched in May 2012 and during the first few months the credit card fee for the first year was waived. Chase has run a few promotions since waiving the annual fee for the first year.)

Existing Club and non-FPC members:
• Automatically upgraded to Premier FPC status.
Accelerated Platinum Status
• When spending $7,500, Cardmembers will receive an additional stay credit towards their Elite membership to a maximum of two stay credits per year.

Existing Elite members - Premier and Platinum tiers:
1 Complimentary upgrade certificate to Fairmont Gold from a Deluxe room per year.
• 2x $25 ($50) Dining certificates for Premier members.
• 4x $25 ($100) Dining certificates for Platinum members.

You also receive these additional benefits each year if you qualify for Premier or Platinum status via stays/nights.

Starting Benefit
After spending $3000 (previously: $1000) within the first 3 months of their account opening,
Cardmembers receive from Chase:
•2 Complimentary night certificates (note: the two free night certs no longer include comp. breakfast certs)

Anniversary Benefit
• One complimentary night each anniversary year that the Cardmember makes $12,000 in purchases with their card.

For using their Fairmont Visa Signature Card, guests will:
•Earn 5 points for every $1.00 US spent at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
•Earn 2 points for every $1.00 US spent on airline tickets, car rentals and trains
•Earn 1 point for every $1.00 US spent on all other transactions

Point redemption options include:
•Gift Cards
•Travel (see details here)
•Fairmont Ovation Certificates (25000-75000 points depending on ovation cert category)

Chase issued Benefits:
•No foreign transaction fees

Visa Signature Benefits:
•$500,000 Travel Accident Insurance
•$5,000 Trip Cancellation Coverage
•Car Rental Collision Damage Waiver
•Travel and Emergency Assistance
•Purchase Protection Coverage
•Extended Warranty Protection
•No Preset Spending Limit

Jasper2009 Apr 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Earning Points

The point accruel rates when using the Fairmont Visa Signature Card are as follows:

•Earn 2 points for every $1.00 US spent on airline tickets, car rentals and trains

Jasper2009 Apr 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Redeeming Points

•Gift Cards
•Travel (see details here)
•Fairmont Ovation Certificates (25000-75000 points depending on ovation cert category) which can be used for stays at Fairmont, Swissotel and Raffles properties

The number of points required for a redemption depends both on the room category and the collection to which a property belongs:

http://i.imgur.com/N6bYl5z.jpg

(screenshot courtesy of Travelsort)

You can find a complete list that of the Collection A - D properties here.

fly-yul Apr 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 18374929)
[B][COLOR="Red"]

...www.fairmontcard.com (Not Live Yet)

Domain Registrant:
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
100 Wellington Street West,
Suite 1600
Toronto, Ontario M5K1B7
Canada

Seems dumb to me not to register the .ca too for 13$ but Fairmont has never been very IT savy.

jarusoba Apr 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by fly-yul (Post 18375149)
Seems dumb to me not to register the .ca too for 13$ but Fairmont has never been very IT savy.

They're probably not ever going to launch a similar card in Canada. :eek:

Maybe someone can register it and later sell it to Fairmont.

havoc29 Apr 11, 2012 3:00 pm

As a lifetime Platinum I want to like this, but it doesn't look very appealing after the first year.

Jasper2009 Apr 11, 2012 3:00 pm

It would be great to see a Canadian credit card affiliated with Fairmont, but with the limited number of Canadian CCs I doubt we´ll see one anytime soon.

IMO this is an excellent card for both occasional Fairmont guests (as the perks of Premier status are pretty nice) and regular Fairmont guests:

$15000 of spending per year at Fairmont hotels would get you:

1) one Gold suite upgrade cert; valuation would depend on exact terms and property, but easily a worth a few hundred bucks
2) $100 in F&B vouchers
3) 75k points = 1 night at a category D hotel (Savoy, Plaza) or three nights at a category A hotel (most old-style Fairmont hotels) incl. breakfast; value >$1000/year
4) comp. night retention bonus (worth $300-$1000 depending on whether there are any restrictions)

So overall a minimum 10% return on all spendings at Fairmont hotels.

If only I could easily get the CC as a Canadian...seems like another great offer I´ll miss...

lancexfang Apr 11, 2012 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009;18374929[B
For using their Fairmont Visa Signature Card, Guests will:[/B]

•Gift Cards
•Fairmont Ovation Certificates (25000-75000points depending on ovation cert category)

Any information about other ways to earn points? How about Fairmont spend that's on top of the points for the co-branded credit card? For example, Hyatt gives its general members 5 points per $ spent, Hilton between 10 and 15, Marriott 10, so on and so forth - these are awarded regardless the form of payment.

Any other rumor how the Platinum benefits may change given the intro of this?

Jasper2009 Apr 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by lancexfang (Post 18375475)
Any information about other ways to earn points? How about Fairmont spend that's on top of the points for the co-branded credit card? For example, Hyatt gives its general members 5 points per $ spent, Hilton between 10 and 15, Marriott 10, so on and so forth - these are awarded regardless the form of payment.

Any other rumor how the Platinum benefits may change given the intro of this?

Currently the Fairmont loyalty program is not based on points, and I haven´t heard any rumors regarding a complete revamp of the program, but I wouldn´t be surprised if Fairmont was considering such a change.

josephstern Apr 11, 2012 3:48 pm

Very curious about the two free nights. I assume they correspond to an Ovation level. I hope they make it clear.

bitachu Apr 11, 2012 4:19 pm

okay i guess this means I should sign up for the presidents club

inY Apr 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Wonder if the points program will be run by Chase or Fairmont. If it's Chase, this would make a nice addition to Ultimate Rewards.

tommy99 Apr 11, 2012 5:24 pm

It sucks that Canada won't get this card! It would be great if Amex looks into making it one of their cards especially since they already have been partnering with them with plat5.

Jasper2009 Apr 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by inY (Post 18376209)
Wonder if the points program will be run by Chase or Fairmont. If it's Chase, this would make a nice addition to Ultimate Rewards.

The way the card is designed, it only makes sense if the points program is run by Chase (which is the info I´ve received). I wouldn´t expect the program to be as flexible as Ultimate Rewards (and I doubt Chase could afford a 1:1 points:miles ratio with the earning structure). Unless Fairmont completely redesigns its loyalty program (which I doubt) I´d think it´s more an artificial currency which helps faciliating the transactions between the Chase CC and Fairmont.

As usual, the best use of points will likely be free nights at Fairmont hotels, though they likely expand the other options like GCs over time.

Jasper2009 Apr 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by tommy99 (Post 18376245)
It sucks that Canada won't get this card! It would be great if Amex looks into making it one of their cards especially since they already have been partnering with them with plat5.

I wouldn´t make any absolute statement right now, at the moment we don´t even have a US card yet, at least officially.:p

As Fairmont already has a very close partnership with AMEX, I think there is some chance they´ll launch a Canadian Fairmont affiliated AMEX in the future (I´d personally expect a 1-2year delay as they´ll probably want to analyze the acceptance of the US card).