Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by YourNameHere
My wife and I just recently had the same experience as myb821. We both received our cards last August and only have the Premier status that comes with the card. We just booked 4 free nights Boston. We were able to use our Suite upgrade certificate(s) to get upgraded to one of their suites. I don't know if they'll pull one or two certificates. But the stay is all under one reservation number with just one check-in/check-out indicated.

Very quick and painless reservation process. The rep know exactly what we wanted to do, and what he had to do to make it happen. Looking forward to our stay with excited anticipation.
Was told it's only one suite upgrade cert
Old May 20, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Same experience. Very easy to combine the 4 nights between two of us.
Old May 28, 2014, 2:58 pm

Plan on using the free night certs but upon check in could I provide a different credit card to charge the incidentals to? I'll have the Chase Fairmont Visa with me but would rather put the other charges on a different card.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jt58203
Plan on using the free night certs but upon check in could I provide a different credit card to charge the incidentals to?
Sure.

Originally Posted by jt58203
I'll have the Chase Fairmont Visa with me but would rather put the other charges on a different card.
Your other card must be awfully good to make it better than the 5x points you get with the Fairmont Visa!
Old May 30, 2014, 12:34 pm

Are there any travel programs or CCs, besides Chase's, that you can really ramp up points for Fairmont?
Old May 30, 2014, 2:15 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

nope only the chase offers fm points.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:37 pm

Will you lose your Fairmont points of you cancel the Fairmont CC?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by cancerisking
Will you lose your Fairmont points of you cancel the Fairmont CC?
Yes. They're not technically Fairmont points - they only exist with Chase.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:31 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Yes. They're not technically Fairmont points - they only exist with Chase.
So the points accrued are not credited into your FPC account?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
So the points accrued are not credited into your FPC account?
Since Fairmont doesn't have a points program: no. The points program is run by Chase. Therefore it wouldn't surprise me if they cancelled your points if you cancelled your CC.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Since Fairmont doesn't have a points program: no. The points program is run by Chase. Therefore it wouldn't surprise me if they cancelled your points if you cancelled your CC.
Fairmont's President Club is not a points-based loyalty program? Sorry but I'm not familiar with their program.
Are the free night certificates you get from Chase credited into your FPC account or does it remain in your Chase account until you redeem it? Can it be redeem towards an ovation certificate?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Fairmont's President Club is not a points-based loyalty program? Sorry but I'm not familiar with their program.
Are the free night certificates you get from Chase credited into your FPC account or does it remain in your Chase account until you redeem it? Can it be redeem towards an ovation certificate?
No, Fairmont is not a points-based program (The Master FAQ thread may be useful to get a better understanding of the program).

Yes, the free night certs from Chase are deposited into your FPC account and basically are no different than the free night certs you'd earn as a Platinum member.

Free night certs have nothing to do with ovation certs. Ovation certs essentially are vouchers for a free night in a particular room category. As you'll probably know you can redeem your Fairmont Chase points for ovation certs (see the first few posts of this thread for details).
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
No, Fairmont is not a points-based program (The Master FAQ thread may be useful to get a better understanding of the program).

Yes, the free night certs from Chase are deposited into your FPC account and basically are no different than the free night certs you'd earn as a Platinum member.

Free night certs have nothing to do with ovation certs. Ovation certs essentially are vouchers for a free night in a particular room category. As you'll probably know you can redeem your Fairmont Chase points for ovation certs (see the first few posts of this thread for details).
Thanks, I went over some of those threads and I now have a better grasp of their program. They should revamp their program to make it similar to other hotel chains and build more loyalty among their customers.
I'm not a frequent guest of their properties so the main appeal of this card would be the free night certs. Any points earned can be redeemed towards an ovation cert before you cancel the card although I may not have enough.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:47 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

They should revamp their program to make it similar to other hotel chains and build more loyalty among their customers.
I don't think this interests them at all. As they offer free nights for stay/nights, vs points. If it doesn't fit your loyalty needs perhaps consider spg or Hyatt.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:38 pm

They should revamp their program to make it similar to other hotel chains
No, they shouldn't.

and build more loyalty among their customers.
It would probably have the opposite effect.

Their uniqueness is what sets them apart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.