Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:51 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Welcome to Flyertalk!

The regular free night certs can definitely not be combined with the 3rd night free cert on a 3 night stay.

However, since you redeemed points for ovation certs which basically work like (pre-paid) vouchers, I don't think it would be unreasonable to treat ovation certs as "paid nights". However, I don't have any first-hand experience with this scenario and it's quite possible the FPC rep may disagree with me.
Not to contest the rules, but I have seen on occasion Chase Visa Free nights combined with 3rd night free. (this is probably a mistake by the checkin agent, more than a benefit.)
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Welcome to Flyertalk!

The regular free night certs can definitely not be combined with the 3rd night free cert on a 3 night stay.

However, since you redeemed points for ovation certs which basically work like (pre-paid) vouchers, I don't think it would be unreasonable to treat ovation certs as "paid nights". However, I don't have any first-hand experience with this scenario and it's quite possible the FPC rep may disagree with me.
interesting.. I never thought about this. I redeemed 25k for an ovation cert to stay at Victoria Empress. Next time onwards I will redeem them for a fairmont GC as the GC can make more sense than an ovation cert esp if the ovation cert is for 35k points and going room rate is lower thru great dates or other promo.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
interesting.. I never thought about this. I redeemed 25k for an ovation cert to stay at Victoria Empress. Next time onwards I will redeem them for a fairmont GC as the GC can make more sense than an ovation cert esp if the ovation cert is for 35k points and going room rate is lower thru great dates or other promo.
Right -- though don't forget the value of breakfast for two on the Ovation cert if it's important to you or has any value.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by lkar
Right -- though don't forget the value of breakfast for two on the Ovation cert if it's important to you or has any value.
didn't know about this.. breakfast at fairmonts is pretty pricey so I'm looking forward to enjoying this.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:03 am

I'm hoarding my points to get ovation certs for the Plaza or Savoy, which I think would be the best use of points (in $$ per point)?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by aviators99
I'm hoarding my points to get ovation certs for the Plaza or Savoy, which I think would be the best use of points (in $$ per point)?
Very much depends on what value you'd place on a stay at the Plaza / the Savoy. Would you usually be willing to pay the $750+/night rates at the Plaza? Or would you settle for another 4.5*-5* property which costs half as much.

Also, rates fluctuate a lot: A night at the Savoy during off-season can be cheaper than a night at the Banff Springs / Lake Louise / Pacific Rim during peak season.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:50 pm

Very much depends on what value you'd place on a stay at the Plaza / the Savoy. Would you usually be willing to pay the $750+/night rates at the Plaza? Or would you settle for another 4.5*-5* property which costs half as much.

Also, rates fluctuate a lot: A night at the Savoy during off-season can be cheaper than a night at the Banff Springs / Lake Louise / Pacific Rim during peak season.
Well, those are the only Fairmont hotels in those cities, and I do travel to NYC quite a bit. I have stayed at the Plaza on the company dime, but would like to stay there on a pleasure trip. Since I can't use any of my free night certs there, this would be the only way to do it.

But I guess my question was in terms of value of points/$, compared to gift card.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aviators99
Well, those are the only Fairmont hotels in those cities, and I do travel to NYC quite a bit. I have stayed at the Plaza on the company dime, but would like to stay there on a pleasure trip. Since I can't use any of my free night certs there, this would be the only way to do it.

But I guess my question was in terms of value of points/$, compared to gift card.
Your last question is rather easy to answer: What would be the face value of the GC if you redeemed xk points and would you consider a night at the Plaza/Savoy to be more valuable than that?

Or to phrase it differently: An ovation cert for the Plaza (which would include breakfast) costs 65k points per night which could alternatively be redeemed for a $650 GC.

The same would apply at the Savoy where rates are frequently <$650/night, so not a good deal.

Spending an additional 10k points per night and staying in a one-bedroom suite at the Plaza or Savoy may be an option worth considering.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Has anyone been able to use free nights at San Fran Fairmont Heritage Place? It looks like residence/hotel. Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Has anyone been able to use free nights at San Fran Fairmont Heritage Place? It looks like residence/hotel. Thanks
I am pretty sure you can't use free night certs at Fairmont Ghiradelli Square.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: TK *A Gold, Delta Silver Medallion, Amex Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Linking Fairmont president club account with credit card

I made the mistake of not entering my Fairmont president club number when I applied for this credit card. When I called Chase, the agent couldn't find any Fairmont account number associated with my card. My statement just closed and I have already met my minimum spending requirements to receive my sign-on bonus. Unfortunately, due to the accounts linking issue, I don't see any free night certificate posted to my Fairmont account.

I gave my Fairmont account to Chase, but the agent said it could take 7-10 business days for my account to get updated! If so, I'm guessing it might take even longer for the reward certificates to percolate to my Fairmont account.

Did anyone here face a similar problem? What is the best way to fix this issue so that I get to use my reward certificates sooner than later?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US, DL, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Club C. Gold, Marriott Silver
It is going on 3 weeks now, since my statement has been closed and paid and still no certificates. I called and they said it could take 4-6 weeks. Fingers crossed, since I leave for Banff and Lake Louise in 3 weeks. I booked a standard room in Lake Louise and waiting for the suite certificates to become available. Hopefully the certificates will arrive before then and suites still available.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:30 am

It's been 6 weeks since I made the $3K spend and still no certificates... We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow. Does anyone have a contact name and phone number? I left a message for Nikki yesterday, so hopefully I will hear back from her today.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by World2Travel
It's been 6 weeks since I made the $3K spend and still no certificates... We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow. Does anyone have a contact name and phone number? I left a message for Nikki yesterday, so hopefully I will hear back from her today.
Hope you get ur certs in time. For me ur post is good news, IF the one yr validity for the certs starts when they are deposited in ur acct. I'm staying under the 3k spending until just before the 3 month time is reached.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:51 am

I received my certificates last night! Good luck, Frankhi!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.