Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Ops5
This seems like a basic question, but I haven't found the answer - between Mrs. Ops5 and I we have 4 of the $25 USD Dining/Willow Stream Certificates in our accounts. Can these be used all at once or are they somehow limited (1 per night, 1 or 2 per meal, etc)?

Thanks.
Use as many as you like. Only restriction is they can't be partially redeemed. Just charge all of your meals and/or Willow Stream Spa treatments to the room, and apply as many $25 certs as you need at checkout.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
DH, the trouble is that I can't upgrade until I spend my US$3000 on the card to receive my room night cert.s & apply them to my reservation.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Use as many as you like. Only restriction is they can't be partially redeemed. Just charge all of your meals and/or Willow Stream Spa treatments to the room, and apply as many $25 certs as you need at checkout.
Thanks, so I'm probably over-thinking this, but our upcoming stay has 2 nights under my name and 2 under hers. At checkout, we should be able to apply all 4 certs to a single meal of >$100, even though it's 2 separate reservations?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Ops5
Thanks, so I'm probably over-thinking this, but our upcoming stay has 2 nights under my name and 2 under hers. At checkout, we should be able to apply all 4 certs to a single meal of >$100, even though it's 2 separate reservations?
Yes you should be fine. I have done it multiple times. Just confirm with hotel when you arrive.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
Yes you should be fine. I have done it multiple times. Just confirm with hotel when you arrive.
Ok, thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
NEWS FLASH! Esp. for Nirvana91 & Gnomey! Availability has opened up at the Banff Springs for award rooms this summer! I just reserved Aug. 28--Sep. 1, intending to narrow it down to 2 nights.
But we've gotta use room or suite upgrades, as the Fairmont Rooms are tiny at 15m^2 !
Thanks! Must be only BS because i cant find availability in CLL
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
NEWS FLASH! Esp. for Nirvana91 & Gnomey! Availability has opened up at the Banff Springs for award rooms this summer!
What does this mean exactly? If the rooms were available for revenue booking, shouldn't it have been available for free nights all along?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
What does this mean exactly? If the rooms were available for revenue booking, shouldn't it have been available for free nights all along?
But it wasn't available for revenue booking either. All of the base "Fairmont" category rooms were taken for most of the summer. There are now some dates showing as available again.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
Thanks! Must be only BS because i cant find availability in CLL
Yes and no. There seems to be a lot of dates where Deluxe rooms and Fairmont Lakeview rooms are showing as available. CLL will let you apply upgrade certificates against those; Fairmont Lakeview to Lakeview Jr Suite or Deluxe Room to One Bed Suite. However, for usage of the free night certificates, they generally stick to rules and say it's only against the base room.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by trubador
This would be bad for the people like myself that have worked on getting our free night under the current understanding that it was still a benefit.
Really impressed with Fairmont so far. Applied for the card on a whim and booked a paid two-night stay in Chicago for mid March for $249/night. Found a rate of $119/night online and called in for a best rate guarantee. The process was super easy and and I got a rate of $106/night after 10% off.

The agent saw I was a new member and proactively offered to extend my new certificates for the March stay. She booked me in a suite and extended the dining certificates. She even asked me about extending my stay to use the third night free certificate.

A-plus experience all around.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Oh-so-thank you, CanadaDH! In #1658 you correctly answered Italdesign's ?? that the problem before Feb. 3 was that nothing below a Stanley Thompson Suite was available for revenue at Banff, therefore no free cert usage.
As for 1659, I phoned in to Fairmont CS, where the rep told me that the Fairmont Mountain View Room was base enough for using the cert.s, so she reserved me on at the revenue rate of C$659++ for my dates so I can convert it when I have received my cert.s. However, I was told by another rep that at Jasper, it must be a plain old Fairmont Room, not Lakeview.
So I shall see after my cert.s arrive !
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:52 am

NEWS FLASH! Esp. for Nirvana91 & Gnomey! Availability has opened up at the Banff Springs for award rooms this summer! I just reserved Aug. 28--Sep. 1, intending to narrow it down to 2 nights.
But we've gotta use room or suite upgrades, as the Fairmont Rooms are tiny at 15m^2 !
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately we already went ahead and booked something for October though. But in the end I'm fine with it, we ended up with a great trip that will include stops in Portland, Seattle and Calgary along the way. Summer would have probably been better than October (fingers crossed that the weather doesn't end up horrible), but at this point I'll stick with the optimistic mindset and not look back on what could have been
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:11 pm

I just checked my FPC account. My Premier status & my 5 certificates (2x $25, Room Upgrade, Suite Upgrade, B2G1) just arrived tonight. I applied for the Visa on Jan. 16, was instantly approved (not "pending,") and received my card by post on Jan. 23.
Trouble is, they expire Feb. 28 this year 2017. Of course, I fully expect new ones around March 1. Too bad they're not transferable !

Last edited by Brendan; Feb 7, 2017 at 11:08 pm
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:34 pm

Am I right that for any Fairmont hotels, you can actually book the hotel nights first (hold it using regular CC or whatever), then later only call the hotel up and say you want to apply FN certs?

Of course this means you should pick the lowest level room aka Fairmont room

Currently I dont have FN certs yet bc still in the process of meeting Chase minimum spend
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Am I right that for any Fairmont hotels, you can actually book the hotel nights first (hold it using regular CC or whatever), then later only call the hotel up and say you want to apply FN certs?
Yes, though I usually call Fairmont and not the hotel.

Of course this means you should pick the lowest level room aka Fairmont room
At some hotels, such as the Empress, the lowest room is not a Fairmont Room. This means you cannot use free nights at those properties, so be careful what you book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.