Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by oopl
When would one use these things?
Never
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by eethan
The free night cert works only on the lowest category room. If that's available, you book it and apply the upgrade cert to move to the 2nd lowest category room.

I managed to do this for the first night, but on the 2nd night, there is only availability in the 2nd lowest category room. So if there was availability in the lowest category, I would get the 2nd night in the 2nd lowest category room. So the room I should get is available but it's also not available. (What a chicken and egg scenario. The cat is alive and dead at the same time!)

The rep I spoke to forwarded my case to the hotel for adjudication. I'm surprised there isn't a standard practice for this kind of scenario, which I expect to happen often enough.
IF Accor changes this rule on July 2 by starting to allow us to use 2 cert.s together to book directly into an Upgraded Room or Suite, that will be one (maybe the only) positive effects of this merger.
Meanwhile, a Fairmont rep. suggested I should call "In-House Reservations" during day working hours of the hotel's time zone to ask for special permission to do so. Perhaps this is the "Standard Practice !"
Old May 24, 2018, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by ptownca
Call the FPC line and have the reservation # in hand. With a firm reservation in hand they will extend them. Done this two years now.
Great advice, was able to extend my signup-bonus certificate an extra 2 weeks over the 1 month they cursorily grant.

Also, keep in mind that the Loyalty dept agents document, so it get harder in subsequent calls...
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Can anyone confirm if the expiration dates on the Visa Certs needs to be inclusive of the checkout day or the prior night? e.g. 6/30/18 can I stay 6/30, checkout 7/1? I’ve heard both answers from two agents..
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:33 pm

I was told that that is fine but I just asked for an extension just to be safe, which was granted for a week beyond checkout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.