Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:44 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Not a US citizen/cardholder. So the points can be spent towards..? The ability to convert to travel credit makes sense.

The free night could be worth $600 or $700 US depending at the hotel you redeem at. The value of the package could far surpass competition.
See the 1st post. Redeem points for Fairmont hotels (Ovation Collection), gift cards, and airfare.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by aw82
Can't help with your question, but can you share a few bits of data? When did you apply for your card? When did you hit your minimum spend? In other words, how long between hitting your minimum spend and having the certs post?
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Spend $1000, wait for statement, then they arrive in 1-2 weeks after, sometimes immediately.
Just a data point. I completed my spend January 15th and my statement closed on the 20th. It was not until 6 weeks later in March that the certs posted. The official line is 4-6 weeks for posting so YMMV
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Exterous
Just a data point. I completed my spend January 15th and my statement closed on the 20th. It was not until 6 weeks later in March that the certs posted. The official line is 4-6 weeks for posting so YMMV
Really the only reports i have seen said they come very quickly
Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:04 pm

anyone had any success churning this card? I closed my old fairmont cc about 6 months ago

This is a very valuable card IMHO
Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by mcdonalde
I agree.
1. Primary car insurance world wide.
2. No Foreign transaction fees
3. Free nights
4. Free dining
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aw82
I'm talking about the 2 night sign up bonus certs you get for spending $1000.
My free nights showed in my account as soon as the credit card bill was paid.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:25 pm

anyone had any success churning this card? I closed my old fairmont cc about 6 months ago

I got lucky and was able to get approved for the card again...and the free nights
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:27 pm

Free nights in friends name

Can I book the free nights in my friends name if I can't use them?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by suzsy
Can I book the free nights in my friends name if I can't use them?
Per the T&C: no. Officially only Plat members can do this, and only when the stay is for immediate family.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by suzsy
My free nights showed in my account as soon as the credit card bill was paid.
Same experience for me too. Applied on 3/11, card arrived 3/14, spend met 3/16, Premier certs posted 3/21, statement cut ~3/26, paid 3/28, free night certs posted 4/2.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:40 pm

thanks all.

can you confirm the car insurance cover is primary? I couldn't find any further info on that

Last edited by mcdonalde; Apr 6, 2014 at 1:48 pm
Old Apr 6, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
thanks all.

can you confirm the car insurance cover is primary? I couldn't find any further info on that
Yes, per T&C and disclosures included with card, rental car insurance is primary.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP Gold 100K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone had any luck with paying the difference in room rates for the free nights? In my case, the card provides the rooms at the Mountain view suite at the Kea Lani. I was wondering if there was anything I could do, for example pay the difference between Mountain and Garden (which is only like $60/nt) so then I would be able to upgrade to an Ocean view suite. I asked the hotel and they would not upgrade from Mountain to Ocean, but would have to do Garden to upgrade to ocean.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Barbella7
Has anyone had any luck with paying the difference in room rates for the free nights?
We had a situation last year where the standard suite wasn't available at the Pacific Rim, so we were able to pay the difference to get a higher suite.

By the way, has anyone gotten their new Visa certificates yet? I thought they usually posted by the beginning of April.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Barbella7
Has anyone had any luck with paying the difference in room rates for the free nights? In my case, the card provides the rooms at the Mountain view suite at the Kea Lani. I was wondering if there was anything I could do, for example pay the difference between Mountain and Garden (which is only like $60/nt) so then I would be able to upgrade to an Ocean view suite. I asked the hotel and they would not upgrade from Mountain to Ocean, but would have to do Garden to upgrade to ocean.
Officially no, however I´d say that when contacting the hotel directly there´s a good chance they´ll offer a paid upgrade to a higher room category.

Many hotels do this IME, however hotels have different policies on whether to charge for the upgrade from room category A to B and then apply the upgrade cert or whether to apply the upgrade cert first and then charge for te upgrade from room category B to C (A, B and C being random room categories where A is the least expensive).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.