Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by aw82
Thanks. So maybe its just standard for them to stamp those word on the cards?
Didn't get stamped on mine. Maybe they ran out of cards and are using an old supply?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00
I called them yesterday and they manually updated to premier with certs and everything.
Hopefully the record of 12k spent recently did not get lost...
Thanks. Did you call Fairmont or Chase?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Maykita
Didn't get stamped on mine. Maybe they ran out of cards and are using an old supply?
Interesting. I wonder if there's someway to leverage this
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:19 pm

Interesting. I wonder if there's someway to leverage this
Yes, stroll in to the hotel and loudly say: "I am a charter member, DYKWIA?!?"

People will fall over themselves to come to your assistance.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO

HA. I was thinking more in terms of a dining cert., but I'll definitely give this a try!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:14 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
My free night certificates just posted, and I emailed reservations to apply them to my reservation at the Fairmont Mayakoba (February 14-15, 2015, Presidents Day Weekend). I got the response below. Any advice?

Dear Kay_nyc,

Thank you for your email. Currently the Fairmont Visa complimentary night certificate is not available to be used for your reservation. However this could be because it is still very far from the date of arrival, you can certainly check with us back closer to the date.

Should you need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Warm regards,
CSR
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by LarkSFO

There were supposed to be a series of continual benefits for charter members did any ever materialize?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
My free night certificates just posted, and I emailed reservations to apply them to my reservation at the Fairmont Mayakoba (February 14-15, 2015, Presidents Day Weekend). I got the response below. Any advice?

Dear Kay_nyc,

Thank you for your email. Currently the Fairmont Visa complimentary night certificate is not available to be used for your reservation. However this could be because it is still very far from the date of arrival, you can certainly check with us back closer to the date.

Should you need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Warm regards,
CSR
Can't help with your question, but can you share a few bits of data? When did you apply for your card? When did you hit your minimum spend? In other words, how long between hitting your minimum spend and having the certs post?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Any advice?
I would guess that they won't allow free nights that far out because the blackout dates have not yet been published.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
In other words, how long between hitting your minimum spend and having the certs post?
It's not based on when you hit the spend, it gets credited shortly after your anniversary date.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It's not based on when you hit the spend, it gets credited shortly after your anniversary date.
I'm talking about the 2 night sign up bonus certs you get for spending $1000.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:44 pm

My bad. I thought you meant the annual cert for $12K spend.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:14 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I would guess that they won't allow free nights that far out because the blackout dates have not yet been published.
Thanks. That's really helpful. Two follow up questions:

1) Do you have a sense of when the blackout dates come out?
2) Just to confirm, as long as a standard room is available, I can book it with my certs, right?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:51 am

I too am looking to see when the 2 free nights from the sign up are given once the $1,000 spend it met. Is it a certain amount of days after meeting spend, when the statement closes, or something else?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I too am looking to see when the 2 free nights from the sign up are given once the $1,000 spend it met. Is it a certain amount of days after meeting spend, when the statement closes, or something else?
Me too... but I wish now that I didn't get this card, and wish I got the Hyatt card instead..... Fairmont seems to restrict too much, the usage of the certs, especially to the properties Id like to go to like the one in Telluride... and I didnt realize there will be a year expiration... if people are having trouble redeeming them, then its gonna be a real problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.