Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Chateau Lake Louise is generally pretty sticky about following the rules. I'm glad they made an exception since it was originally booked that way. The agent is also correct that Premier certificates are nontransferable. It is the Platinum certificates that are transferable.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:03 pm

Thanks, folks. I guess I'll just stick with those reservations as is rather than reopen that can of worms if I wanted to make a slight modification later. I just hope the notes are indeed in the "system" (given some of the IT issues with Fairmont I'ver read about) and the hotel doesn't throw a stink because they can't process them.

We are going for my mom's 70th birthday (literally the day after we check out), so I'll casually mention that before presenting the certs-- may not get a lakeview comped, but hopefuly only a heartless clerk would go out of the way to anull one of the rooms.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by teammjs
Thanks, folks. I guess I'll just stick with those reservations as is rather than reopen that can of worms if I wanted to make a slight modification later. I just hope the notes are indeed in the "system" (given some of the IT issues with Fairmont I'ver read about) and the hotel doesn't throw a stink because they can't process them.

We are going for my mom's 70th birthday (literally the day after we check out), so I'll casually mention that before presenting the certs-- may not get a lakeview comped, but hopefuly only a heartless clerk would go out of the way to anull one of the rooms.
I would get FPC to send you a confirmation of both reservations/rooms. When received, print it out and take it with you to Chateau Lake Louise. Ensure that all details of the reservation is what is booked, and work out all details until the written confirmation is EXACTLY how its intended. If there is a problem present the written confirmation to the front desk.

I always print out my reservation details.. it has saved me grief 1 out of approximately 5 reservations at Fairmont it seems.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Reading thru old posts, I saw these posted in May 2012:

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Can you please find out when the two free night certificates expire?

Thanks,

Lark
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
1 Year, or End of Feb 2013 like all Fairmont Certs. FPC Desk at their discretion can extend certs.
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Thanks...

I was going to hold off on getting this card so the free nights expiration date would be further out. But if they are going to expire in February anyway, might as well just go ahead and get the card... As a Plat especially, this card is a no brainer.

I was successful in having Fairmont extend some of my certs for one month (through the end of March) earlier this year.
Was there a reason all certs expired in Feb? Is that still the case for ALL certs? Does that mean if I got the card in Nov and the certs in Jan, they will expire in one month?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I am pretty sure the two free Visa nights expire one year from the date they are credited to your account.

All the other certs are based on the elite benefits and follow the elite year (which ends end of February).

Just posted on my blog how I used our certs in Banff Springs and Lake Louise
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:44 am

Does anyone know if the Fairmonts in Bermuda are available for the free VISA nights?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by marlin
Does anyone know if the Fairmonts in Bermuda are available for the free VISA nights?
Yes, the free night certs can be used at any property as long as:

1) there´s a Fairmont room available (or you already have a booking in a Fairmont room)
2) the dates aren´t blacked out (see the Limited Access page)

The only exception to this is the Plaza in New York and the Savoy in London which both impose strict capacity controls.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I am pretty sure the two free Visa nights expire one year from the date they are credited to your account.
TRUE. So do the $25 breakfast certs. and the Anniversary free nights for spending $12K in a year.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brendan
TRUE. So do the $25 breakfast certs. and the Anniversary free nights for spending $12K in a year.
This is true with the Passion certificate selections for Platinum Members. The date you select the Passions benefit, the expiry is custom set to exactly a year from selection. This is the beauty of electronic certificates.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, the free night certs can be used at any property as long as:

1) there´s a Fairmont room available (or you already have a booking in a Fairmont room).
If using a room upgrade or suite upgrade with a free night, I assume the online reservation will still continue to show the "original" Fairmont room as the room type?

I was assured by the phone agent that in the notes the specific room I asked for is locked in, but it just seemed strange to me there's really nothing for me to "see" the actual reservation.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teammjs
If using a room upgrade or suite upgrade with a free night, I assume the online reservation will still continue to show the "original" Fairmont room as the room type?

I was assured by the phone agent that in the notes the specific room I asked for is locked in, but it just seemed strange to me there's really nothing for me to "see" the actual reservation.
I wouldn´t worry. While the IT system has slightly improved, it´s still quite terrible IMO. Sometimes the system will display the original room category booked and sometimes it will display the room you´ve upgraded to. Sometimes applying an upgrade cert causes the rate details to disappear and sometimes it doesn´t.

If you want to be 100%, you could ask FPC to send you a revised reservation confirmation with the upgraded room. Sometimes the agents offer to do this proactively anyway.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:24 am

I wouldn´t worry. While the IT system has slightly improved, it´s still quite terrible IMO. Sometimes the system will display the original room category booked and sometimes it will display the room you´ve upgraded to. Sometimes applying an upgrade cert causes the rate details to disappear and sometimes it doesn´t.

If you want to be 100%, you could ask FPC to send you a revised reservation confirmation with the upgraded room. Sometimes the agents offer to do this proactively anyway.
Thanks, I'll get the revised version as insurance.

I thought it might have something to do with the fact that Fairmont room availibility was the 1st mandatory step (even when wanting to apply an upgrade certificate) to redeeming a free night. So in case those plain-vanilla rooms became sold out between booking and day of stay, having that room type in the reservation was the hotel's way of knowing one *was* correctly available at the time the reward stay was booked.

I guess that would be too logical though, and general Fairmont IT craziness it is!
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:44 pm
Original Member

Chase Visa Breakfast Certificates

Sorry to make this a separate post, but I need a quick answer.

Are the breakfast certificates strictly for breakfast or can they be used for other meals or even the spa?

Thanks much.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by birdyy
Sorry to make this a separate post, but I need a quick answer.

Are the breakfast certificates strictly for breakfast or can they be used for other meals or even the spa?

Thanks much.
Breakfast only.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:51 pm
Original Member

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-presidents-club/1334948-fairmont-chase-signat

Breakfast only.
Thanks so much.

My sister just checked in at Lake Louise for 3 night. They upgraded her to a gold room with free breakfast. Concierge said hold onto the breakfast certificates because she won't need to use them. Not sure what to do with them now so thought I would inquire. Nice upgrade. I'm kind of shocked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.