Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:36 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Chase Visa Points:

I am determining the value of my Fairmont points and how best to leverage them. I am sitting on about 160,000 Chase Fairmont Points (Through spend on the Fairmont Visa card)

If I cash them out into a Gift Card, this equates roughly $1600 USD in value.

If I change them for Ovations (Cat D) 75k per Suite Night
http://www.frhi.com/corporateincenti...ds/collections
This is about 2 nights of stay.

Since Paris, Telluride, and Barbados Suites are blocked, that defeats the purpose/diminishes the value.

Savoy and Plaza Suites can be redeemed, which runs $1045 GBP (1,500USD) per night. So, the max value I can see getting from my points is $3000 USD?

Anyone have thoughts?

Earning points

Gift Cards
Value of point per spend = $0.01 (5% of Fairmont Spend)
Certificates
Value of point per spend = $0.02 (10% of Fairmont Spend)

Maybe I will redeem 2 Cat D Ovations at Newport Beach and see if it gets me the Penthouse.

Last edited by AMRivlin; Jul 9, 2013 at 11:43 am
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:05 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Same here.... My wifes 4x$25 didn't post upon her renewal. The free night for spending $12k did but not her dining certs.

The free night and 4x dining certs did post on my account so this is flaky..

Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
Like everything about Fairmont, the process was flaky but worked out in the end.

On my anniversary date or the day before, the certs from when I got the card ($200 dining, 3 gold floors) disappeared from my account, correctly. The next day, however, no new certs appeared.

A few days later (I think) they still hadn't posted so I called Fairmont. I got the $100 dining certs and gold floor cert to post. The person on the phone apologized, insisting that they should have posted on March 1 (whatever). I hadn't used some of the of gold floor upgrade coupons, and she extended them a few months.

She said that the free night cert wouldn't post until 3 weeks after my anniversary date. It ended up posting about 2 weeks after the date.

My credit card annual fee didn't post until 3 weeks after the anniversary date.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Exclamation

I would be a basic member, but I'm Premier because of the Chase Visa. I got my new 2x $25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificates, 3rd Night Free, & Room/Suite Upgrades this March. The only thing I got near my June Visa anniversary was my Fairmont Visa Complimentary Night for spending 12K.

So I guess the 4x $25 Breakfast Certs. were a one-off to accompany the 2 Welcome Free Nights.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
not sure if this is a new thing..but i just got an emailed offer for this card..with no annual fee..first year...i might take it now
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by bitachu
not sure if this is a new thing..but i just got an emailed offer for this card..with no annual fee..first year...i might take it now
I received the same email today.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Chase Visa Points:

I am determining the value of my Fairmont points and how best to leverage them. I am sitting on about 160,000 Chase Fairmont Points (Through spend on the Fairmont Visa card)

If I cash them out into a Gift Card, this equates roughly $1600 USD in value.

If I change them for Ovations (Cat D) 75k per Suite Night
http://www.frhi.com/corporateincenti...ds/collections
This is about 2 nights of stay.

Since Paris, Telluride, and Barbados Suites are blocked, that defeats the purpose/diminishes the value.

Savoy and Plaza Suites can be redeemed, which runs $1045 GBP (1,500USD) per night. So, the max value I can see getting from my points is $3000 USD?

Anyone have thoughts?

Earning points

Gift Cards
Value of point per spend = $0.01 (5% of Fairmont Spend)
Certificates
Value of point per spend = $0.02 (10% of Fairmont Spend)

Maybe I will redeem 2 Cat D Ovations at Newport Beach and see if it gets me the Penthouse.

If you're able to qualify for corporate rates at any of the nicer properties (I've seen up to 60% off at some Fairmonts), your gift cards may go a lot further... not to mention you'd be getting stay credits to re-new status.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
WRT the $12k spend for free night, when does this credit hit the account? My annual fee was just charged a few days ago. Is it 21 days after this hits or 21 days after the statement closes in which the annual fee is charged?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Is the additional gold certificate the only benefit you receive (in addition to the normal platinum benefits) for having the Fairmont Visa?

What benefit does being a charter member give you (if anything) after the first year?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by mrredskin
21 days after the statement closes in which the annual fee is charged?
Actually it may be in your certificates ONLINE now. I think mine took a few days (no more than a week!) after the annual fee showed up!
Old Aug 8, 2013, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Actually it may be in your certificates ONLINE now. I think mine took a few days (no more than a week!) after the annual fee showed up!
thanks for info. nothing, yet, but i'll keep an eye on it. nice to know that it will show up online rather soon, tho!
Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Exclamation

The free night for $12K spend will show up 2--3 weeks after your anniversary date. So if U got the card in Jan. 2013, it will not show up until late Jan. or Feb. 2014, even if U have already spent $12K as of now!
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:05 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
I received the same email today.
did this come from fairmont or from chase? do u have status with fairmont?
thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
The free night for $12K spend will show up 2--3 weeks after your anniversary date. So if U got the card in Jan. 2013, it will not show up until late Jan. or Feb. 2014, even if U have already spent $12K as of now!
must be why mine still hasn't appeared. i'll wait one more month
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Has anybody tried to redeem their points through the travel portal? The best option still seems amazon gift cards.

Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:54 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Has anybody tried to redeem their points through the travel portal? The best option still seems amazon gift cards.

Yesterday I redeemed 100,000 points for $1000 Fairmont Giftcards, but yes the Amazon ones are a great deal.

$400 in Fairmont Spend = $25 Amazon Credit (6.25% Back)
$500 in Fairmont Spend = $25 Fairmont GC (5% Back)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.