Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2013, 8:11 am

Free nights Savoy

Hi I had a question about using the free nights certificates at the Savoy. I know they have strict capacity controls, but I'm looking at February and read that availability is possible then. What are my chances of being able to use the certificates then if I book in December and is there a way to check availability? Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2013, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by onaward
Hi I had a question about using the free nights certificates at the Savoy. I know they have strict capacity controls, but I'm looking at February and read that availability is possible then. What are my chances of being able to use the certificates then if I book in December and is there a way to check availability? Thanks!
You can only check availability by calling the FPC line.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
I searched this thread as best I can, but I didn't see anything. I called FPC and they said Fairmont certs can not be applied to Raffles stays (Seychelles specifically). Is this the case, or should I HUCA?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
I searched this thread as best I can, but I didn't see anything. I called FPC and they said Fairmont certs can not be applied to Raffles stays (Seychelles specifically). Is this the case, or should I HUCA?
That´s correct.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:15 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

One could never use certs at non Fairmonts. Perhaps under a future unified program, but today that does not exist.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
One could never use certs at non Fairmonts. Perhaps under a future unified program, but today that does not exist.
Maybe the confusion is based on the fact that ovation certs can be used at Fairmont, Swissotel and Raffles properties and the points earnt with the Fairmont Chase CC can be redeemed for those ovation certs.

However, any certs related to the FPC program itself can only be used at Fairmont properties.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: A few
You can get Ovation certs through Amex membership rewards that work at Seychelles, but they are real expensive. 81k per night last time I checked. see http://milesabound.com/destination-g...staying-there/
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Maybe the confusion is based on the fact that ovation certs can be used at Fairmont, Swissotel and Raffles properties and the points earnt with the Fairmont Chase CC can be redeemed for those ovation certs.

However, any certs related to the FPC program itself can only be used at Fairmont properties.
Jasper,

Has it been your experience that FPC Platinum benefits (other than certs) have been honored at Swissotel and Raffles properties?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AM6449
Jasper,

Has it been your experience that FPC Platinum benefits (other than certs) have been honored at Swissotel and Raffles properties?
FPC Platinum benefits get very few benefits at Swissotel and Raffles properties: See my post in the Master FAQ:

Do I get any benefits at Swissotels or Raffles hotels?

Yes, Premier and Platinum members both receive stay credit for stays at Swissotel and Raffles properties and receive the following benefits:

- room night credit towards membership status
- complimentary local calls and no service
charge on toll-free calls
- complimentary fitness center access (excludes spas)
- complimentary Room delivery of daily
national newspaper
- VIP Welcome Amenity

A full list of all benefits can be found here.
The fact that Plat members don´t even get free internet access is usually is a deal-breaker for me.

That being said, the few times I´ve stayed at Swissotel properties I´ve been treated fairly well, e.g. comp. room upgrade (though only to a slightly larger room or a room with a view) or a welcome drink or comp. late check-out.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
FPC Platinum benefits get very few benefits at Swissotel and Raffles properties: See my post in the Master FAQ:

The fact that Plat members don´t even get free internet access is usually is a deal-breaker for me.

That being said, the few times I´ve stayed at Swissotel properties I´ve been treated fairly well, e.g. comp. room upgrade (though only to a slightly larger room or a room with a view) or a welcome drink or comp. late check-out.
I agree with you, Free Internet is usually the most useful perk of most hotel reward programs
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:59 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AM6449
I agree with you, Free Internet is usually the most useful perk of most hotel reward programs
Both Raffles I have stayed at both offer free internet to paying guests.
(Praslin and Siem Riep) I assume they are all the same, it asks for room # and name.

Swissotels are not in convenient places for me to try, but I thought one could just sign up and login (like fairmont properties) separate of your booking. http://www.swissotel.com/circle/membership-benefits/

In fact as cumbersome as Fairmont's internet login is, SPG is way worse and non consistent. (Westin Dublin and Sheraton Frankfurt limited me to 3 devices and had lots of click through sites just to gain access)
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:39 pm

2 comp nights & breakfast valid for one year?

Are the two complimentary night certificates with breakfast still valid for one year after issue?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by jt58203
Are the two complimentary night certificates with breakfast still valid for one year after issue?
They should be good from 1 year after you fulfill the spend requirement. The expiration date will be on listed under certificates in your profile
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
I see that the Fairmont card grants the member Premier status and thus you get 1 suite upgrade certificate. Can you apply that towards the free nights you get with the card?

Thank you,

naroowal
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by naroowal
I see that the Fairmont card grants the member Premier status and thus you get 1 suite upgrade certificate. Can you apply that towards the free nights you get with the card?
From the Fairmont-Chase T&Cs:

"Stay certificates may not be redeemed for, or used as credit towards, Fairmont Gold Rooms or Suites. Stay certificates may be used in conjunction with Fairmont President’s Club Platinum Room or Suite Upgrade Certificates but may not be used in conjunction with a Fairmont President’s Club Premier Complimentary Third Night certificate or any other
Fairmont or third-party promotions or packages." (Emphasis added.)

Last edited by jmd001; Nov 13, 2013 at 4:23 pm Reason: Clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.