Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ShrinkTheGlobe
I have my $25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificates expiring at the end of February. Will I be able to use them even if I'm not staying at the hotel?
Yes.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
This works. Just have to have the agent do it over the phone.
What does not work is 2 Free Night + 3rd night free. (Unless you get a very flexible agent)
Thank you!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:11 am

Does anyone have any experience with booking the base room before getting the certificates and having FPC convert them to free nights afterwards?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pickles1107
Does anyone have any experience with booking the base room before getting the certificates and having FPC convert them to free nights afterwards?
Should be no problem at all. Free night and upgrade certs can be applied anytime between making the booking and the day of arrival (assuming the dates arenīt blacked out).
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Hotels are generally quite receptive to allow FPC members to use free night certs, and upgrade certs.. subject to availability at time of reservation booking or change.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:50 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

This is what I typically do. I just book a refundable Fairmont room and apply my 2 certs and suite when I get them. Just reconfirm black out dates.

I think Miramar was 449 for a Fairmont room and I used 2 certs.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Should be no problem at all. Free night and upgrade certs can be applied anytime between making the booking and the day of arrival (assuming the dates arenīt blacked out).
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Hotels are generally quite receptive to allow FPC members to use free night certs, and upgrade certs.. subject to availability at time of reservation booking or change.
Originally Posted by AMRivlin;
This is what I typically do. I just book a refundable Fairmont room and apply my 2 certs and suite when I get them. Just reconfirm black out dates.

I think Miramar was 449 for a Fairmont room and I used 2 certs.
Sounds great, thanks for the info!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I just got the card, and see the certificates credits in my account for the Visa Card conferred Premier Status. If the certificates were issued on 1/1 this year, can I also expect them to post on 1/1 next year?
I'm planning to use them next January at the Fairmont Mayakoba, so it would be nice if they showed up right at the beginning of the year.

$25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificate 01/Jan/2014 28/Feb/2014
$25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificate 01/Jan/2014 28/Feb/2014
3rd Night Free 01/Jan/2014 28/Feb/2014
Complimentary Room Upgrade 01/Jan/2014 28/Feb/2014
Complimentary Suite Upgrade 01/Jan/2014 28/Feb/2014
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
If the certificates were issued on 1/1 this year, can I also expect them to post on 1/1 next year?
Note that your certs all expire at the end of February. The new certs should post by the beginning of March and be good through the end of February 2015.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Once I apply a free night certificate to an existing room reservation, what happens if I need to cancel the reservation? (Let's assume the cancellation is early enough that there would be no penalty if it were a paid reservation). Does the certificate redeposit? Is there a fee? I am trying to determine whether it is better to apply certificates as soon as I receive them or wait until closer to the time of my trip in case something changes in my plans.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:05 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Maykita
Once I apply a free night certificate to an existing room reservation, what happens if I need to cancel the reservation? (Let's assume the cancellation is early enough that there would be no penalty if it were a paid reservation). Does the certificate redeposit? Is there a fee? I am trying to determine whether it is better to apply certificates as soon as I receive them or wait until closer to the time of my trip in case something changes in my plans.
If a refundable room rate, you get your cert back (must be used before original expiry date)
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Maykita
Certificates are only redeemed upon check-in. If you cancel before the deadline, the cert just isnīt redeemed. Hence, thereīs no benefit waiting to have the certs applied.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Great, thanks so much!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by swdke
I've met my $12,000 dollar spend, I've had the card past my anniversary date, and my card has billed 12 times? Where should I be seeing my free night cert? I look online at my Fairmont account, but I don't see where a free night cert has been posted. Am I looking in the wrong place? When should my free night post and where would I find?
My Fairmont account, under "My Certificates," still does not show any new free award night certificate as being available. I've spend more than $12,000 on the card, the card's anniversary date is Jan. 8, when I applied for the card, today is the 21st of Jan, and the card has billed 12 times. Has anyone else spend $12,000 and earned a certificate?

I did call Chase and they said that the certificate will post in 6-8 weeks. Maybe so, but such terms and conditions always state that, yet bonuses, free nights, and such, they always post immediately.

Just wondering if anyone has spend the $12,000 requirement for a free night, and did they receive their free night, and how long did it take? Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by swdke
Just wondering if anyone has spend the $12,000 requirement for a free night, and did they receive their free night, and how long did it take?
IIRC, it took a couple of weeks last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.