Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jediwho
Assuming we don't hear anything until the start of your "Fairmont Credit Card Year", will you be putting $12K spending to get the room certificate?
My year anniversary is in late July. I am on track to hit the $12k spending for this year and I am fairly confident I will get (and use) that free night coming to me. I am sensing sometime in early 2017 we will find out what is up with FPC and the future of the Fairmont card.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gpapadop
My year anniversary is in late July. I am on track to hit the $12k spending for this year and I am fairly confident I will get (and use) that free night coming to me. I am sensing sometime in early 2017 we will find out what is up with FPC and the future of the Fairmont card.
Yeah, my year anniversary is end of this month and I am planning to spend $12K. Pretty sure that they will give advance notice of this and we will get the certificate. Also, I won't be surprised if we the change is for the positive i.e. we will be able to use the certificate for any Accor owned hotels including Raffels.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
What has been the experience of using these free night certificates at aspirational properties like Banff of Jasper?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
What has been the experience of using these free night certificates at aspirational properties like Banff of Jasper?
If you can book a Fairmont room, and it's not a blackout date, you can use the cert.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
how do you guys redeem the Fairmont rewards? I read a post about getting ~ 1.4 cpm when using it for travel based on a certain bonus.

Any experience with this? Worth it or best to spend 12.5k and redeem for a $125 Amazon GC?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Duffman
how do you guys redeem the Fairmont rewards?
Starbucks gift cards for my wife.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:04 pm

Any data points on extension of free night certs? Mine are expiring in March and I have no vacation planned where they have a fairmont. Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2016, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by anubond005
Any data points on extension of free night certs?
We tried last year. No luck.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Fairmont has awesome availability for cert user globally, and I wouldn't even consider those aspirational. I just used a free night at the Pacific Rim where rates for a basic room were $600+ last night... The Peace Hotel in Shanghai is another one to save for, or the (capacity controlled) London or NYC properties.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
Fairmont has awesome availability for cert user globally, and I wouldn't even consider those aspirational. I just used a free night at the Pacific Rim where rates for a basic room were $600+ last night... The Peace Hotel in Shanghai is another one to save for, or the (capacity controlled) London or NYC properties.
The certs at certain properties are an amazing value. ^

Moreover, there are very few blackout dates, even in high season at some properties. Book early and often.

Last year, I used two free night certs and then stacked a suite upgrade at the Grand Del Mar in San Diego. Rack rate for two nights: > $3000 at the time. Just saying.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by ptownca
Rack rate for two nights: > $3000 at the time. Just saying.
Nobody pays rack rate, though it's a great way to artificially increase one's perceived "value".
Old Sep 24, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Any data points on extension of free night certs? Mine are expiring in March and I have no vacation planned where they have a fairmont. Thanks
Last I spoke to them about extending, they told me to call in 1 month before they expire, that they are not allowed to extend them until they get within that window. I am not sure what the criteria would be to allow extension though. In my case they seemed to imply it was possible (I only needed another 30 days).
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA
We got ours extended by calling more than a month in advance and they were very nice about it. We may have had more luck because we had specific plans to use them (it was our honeymoon) and were able to explain that when making the request.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:34 pm

Free night certs posted 4 days after hitting the minimum spend, fyi.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by corpgator
Free night certs posted 4 days after hitting the minimum spend, fyi.
Did the certs come with breakfast? Not mentioned in most recent T&C as they have been in past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.