Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by diclemeg
Me too... but I wish now that I didn't get this card, and wish I got the Hyatt card instead..... Fairmont seems to restrict too much, the usage of the certs, especially to the properties Id like to go to like the one in Telluride... and I didnt realize there will be a year expiration... if people are having trouble redeeming them, then its gonna be a real problem.
I have never had trouble redeeming these or other Fairmont certs.

What are the restrictions at Telluride? Blackout during the week between Christmas and New Years? Or other dates?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:10 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
I have never had trouble redeeming these or other Fairmont certs.

What are the restrictions at Telluride? Blackout during the week between Christmas and New Years? Or other dates?
Telluride is not a Fairmont, it is a Heritage Place with Fairmont Branding.
One can not use certificates at these locations.

As seen here: http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/c...nd-conditions/
In addition, Certificates may not be used as credit towards Fairmont Gold Rooms or Suites or at Fairmont Heritage Place Residences.
To be honest, and harsh, people need to RT*M before signing up for benefits.

I have had the card since inception.
As far as Chase Free Night certificates:
2012 - I used 1 cert at the Savoy, 1 cert at Pacific Rim
2013 - I used my renewal cert at Miramar for my wedding
2014 - TBD
These 3 certificates I have utilized have been quite valuable, and I valued my stays at about $450 per night (Excluding any suite/upgrade value)

It is as simple as this:
If you can book a Fairmont Room (And there are no blackout dates) you can use the certificate.

Last edited by AMRivlin; Mar 14, 2014 at 11:15 am
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
OK, you are right.

To pile on, I believe it is also very clear that the certificates are only good for one year.

OP - look on the bright side - you can get the Hyatt Card too!
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:01 pm

I just wanted to get an idea of how long it took to get the certificates after you meet the spending. Is it a certain amount of time after the statement in which you meet the requirement posts or a certain amount of time after you hit the spend on the card?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:41 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I just wanted to get an idea of how long it took to get the certificates after you meet the spending. Is it a certain amount of time after the statement in which you meet the requirement posts or a certain amount of time after you hit the spend on the card?
Spend $1000, wait for statement, then they arrive in 1-2 weeks after, sometimes immediately.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:42 pm

Spend $1000, wait for statement, then they arrive in 1-2 weeks after, sometimes immediately.
Wanting to use them May 3rd, met the spend a few days ago.. Statement posts around April 5th. Just trying to figure out when I should expect them. Do they email you to notify you?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:40 pm

Datapoint:

Hit minimum spend about 1.5 weeks prior to statement closing. The two complimentary night certificates (and four $25 breakfast certs) were posted to my FPC account a couple of days before the statement closed.

The other Premier certs (2x $25 dining, 3rd night free, room upgrade, suite upgrade) were posted as soon as I registered for FPC account access (a week or so after applying for the card.

Looking forward to using the 2 comp night certs, the suite upgrade certs, the breakfast certs, and probably the dining certs in San Francisco this summer! It looks like I'll be getting about $1100-1300 of value out of this card...probably the best bang-for-buck CC bonus I've received.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:30 am

Telluride is not a Fairmont, it is a Heritage Place with Fairmont Branding.
One can not use certificates at these locations.

As seen here: http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/c...nd-conditions/

I have had the card since inception.
As far as Chase Free Night certificates:
2012 - I used 1 cert at the Savoy, 1 cert at Pacific Rim
2013 - I used my renewal cert at Miramar for my wedding
2014 - TBD
These 3 certificates I have utilized have been quite valuable, and I valued my stays at about $450 per night (Excluding any suite/upgrade value)

It is as simple as this:
If you can book a Fairmont Room (And there are no blackout dates) you can use the certificate.
I believe there are additional restrictions at the plaza and savoy
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by aw82
Cards arrived today in ridiculously fancy packaging. Both cards have "Charter Member" printed below our names. Neither of us has ever stayed at a Fairmont before and it looks like the charter member promo was only back in 2012. Did we somehow get an added benefit with our cards?
Mine also say charter member just received them today
Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
airfare redemption

A little known feature of Fairmont Rewards is the airfare redemption option. I am copying from the T&C (highlight is mine):

Travel
• You may redeem Fairmont Rewards for available airline tickets and car rentals through our toll-free travel redemption number 1-855-234-2538 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• You will be told the amount of any service fee, if applicable, before you book your airline ticket(s) through our toll-free number.
Redemptions may be made in 1 Fairmont Reward increments for each $0.0100 incremental ticket value. For example, 20,000 Fairmont Rewards can be redeemed for a $200 airline ticket.
• If you want to book a ticket with a value greater than the redemption value of your Fairmont Rewards, the additional amount must be paid for using your Card. Sufficient credit must be available for the transaction to be approved.
In addition, there may be bonus offers for a ticket with a “fixed” value, for a discounted number of Fairmont Rewards, available through our toll-free number, where permitted by law. Redemptions for this specific item have the service fee waived.
If you choose to book a ticket using the “fixed” ticket bonus option, and the actual ticket value is less, the number of Fairmont Rewards needed to redeem remains the same. For example, an offer to redeem 25,000 Fairmont Rewards for one roundtrip scheduled airline ticket valued at up to $335 will still require 25,000 Fairmont Rewards if the ticket you book is valued at $300.
• If you book a ticket with a value greater than the value of the “fixed” ticket, the additional amount must be paid for using your Card and/or additional Fairmont Rewards.
• Standard age, driver and credit rental requirements apply to car rental rewards. Minimum rental age is 25 (exceptions apply).

Normally it is 1 cent per point = the same as the gift card redemption option. However, there is a fixed value option. Chase doesn't make the table (I assume there is a table) public but just say you have to call the toll number. In the example given, you can redeem 25,000 points for up to $355 value and if your ticket is more than $355 you simply pay with your card. The value of a point is 1.42 cents in this example. I haven't called that number but wonder if anyone had experience with this "bonus offer".

Last edited by leonard016; Mar 24, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by leonard016
An little known feature of Fairmont Rewards is the airfare redemption option. I am copying from the T&C (highlight is mine):
Thanks for posting! I´ve updates the first few posts to include a reference to the travel redemption option.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Is this feature in addition to the free nights once each threshold is achieved? If so, then the benefits on this card is actually pretty good. CC holder receives both points and free nights.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Is this feature in addition to the free nights once each threshold is achieved? If so, then the benefits on this card is actually pretty good. CC holder receives both points and free nights.
What feature? Earning points? Yes. You earn points as outlined in post 1 and if you meet the $12k threshold you get a free night cert on top of that.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
You earn points for your purchases charged to the card, just like other rewards card. If you spend $12K a year you receive 12K points plus the free night. Since there are many cards return more than 1%, Fairmont Card is generally not good for general spending. If you only charge the card for general spending (meaning no bonus points), you actually lost $120 a year compared to FIA Fidelity Amex which returns 2% cashback - consider your free night to cost $120. However, this "fixed" value option may reduce your cost to, say $70.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by leonard016
You earn points for your purchases charged to the card, just like other rewards card. If you spend $12K a year you receive 12K points plus the free night. Since there are many cards return more than 1%, Fairmont Card is generally not good for general spending. If you only charge the card for general spending (meaning no bonus points), you actually lost $120 a year compared to FIA Fidelity Amex which returns 2% cashback - consider your free night to cost $120. However, this "fixed" value option may reduce your cost to, say $70.
Not a US citizen/cardholder. So the points can be spent towards..? The ability to convert to travel credit makes sense.

The free night could be worth $600 or $700 US depending at the hotel you redeem at. The value of the package could far surpass competition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.