Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Note that your certs all expire at the end of February. The new certs should post by the beginning of March and be good through the end of February 2015.
Thanks so much for pointing that out! I'll actually might be able to use them before the end of February. Is it tricky to redeem them if I'm not staying at a hotel? I'll be in LA, and I could get dinner at the Santa Monica Fairmont.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:43 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Thanks so much for pointing that out! I'll actually might be able to use them before the end of February. Is it tricky to redeem them if I'm not staying at a hotel? I'll be in LA, and I could get dinner at the Santa Monica Fairmont.
What is great about FM SM's restaurant the Fig is: (Aside from amazing food)

Their 5-6pm 50% everything (except steaks) happy hour!

http://figsantamonica.com/

Top restaurant in SM, great for brunch too.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
What is great about FM SM's restaurant the Fig is: (Aside from amazing food)

Their 5-6pm 50% everything (except steaks) happy hour!

http://figsantamonica.com/

Top restaurant in SM, great for brunch too.
Too bad I can't use the certs on dinner

Should I call ahead if I plan on using the certs without staying at the hotel?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Too bad I can't use the certs on dinner

Should I call ahead if I plan on using the certs without staying at the hotel?
You can, but it should just be accepted. Take your FPC card / # so they can check your profile.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
You can, but it should just be accepted. Take your FPC card / # so they can check your profile.
My wife and I did this in January at the one in Dallas. The restaurant was a bit confused (granted they were lightly-staffed when we went) how to process it but when they called over someone from the front desk that person said it wouldn't be a problem. Just brought the FPC cards and handed them over.

In fact, they were able to apply both mine and my wife's to the same bill without splitting it. Certs disappeared from our online accounts a few days earlier.

I would suggest as a courtesy to the restaurant you kindly let them know when you order so they have time to figure out how to apply it when they have a spare moment-- this also helps you not have to sit for awhile after you're done eating!

Now, if only there was a way to apply them to a Willow Springs spa booking i advance!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:16 am

I am a bit confused about the discussion a few pages back. I had five stays last year. My card anniversary is next month. Do I get the gold cert since I made Prem the traditional way?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
In the past, Fairmont rooms not being available, restricted ability to upgrade to a suite. Nowadays, I'm not sure if Fairmont has lifted this restriction, and any member can upgrade to a suite if Fairmont rooms are not available. It is true also, that this tactic restricts ability to redeem free night certificates, and third night free certificates.

Did you try calling inhouse reservations at the hotel? I find inhouse reservations can make things happen beyond what central reservations, and premier/platinum line can.
Coming back to this from last month...

I finally got around to contacting Fairmont Singapore directly. Emailed them with my request, they replied within a few hours, confirmed my request and ability to use the free night certificates and confirmed my room.

There still remains no Fairmont Room availability online, but the local reservation agent was able to book my room.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:47 am

Question.. I'm using the 2 Free nights that came with the card as well as paying for 1 night in Quebec next weekend for Winter Carnival - Can I use the upgrade certificates as well to be moved to a suite?

Also - We dont get Gold floor access to the lounge with the card correct? Been a presidents club member for a few years but this is my first year holding the card.

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by jeremybe
Question.. I'm using the 2 Free nights that came with the card as well as paying for 1 night in Quebec next weekend for Winter Carnival - Can I use the upgrade certificates as well to be moved to a suite?

Also - We dont get Gold floor access to the lounge with the card correct? Been a presidents club member for a few years but this is my first year holding the card.

Thanks!
Yes to your first question. Call in and ask if there is suite availability.

No. Fpc members don't get access to gold. Ever. It is a private hotel within a hotel. If you pay for a room in that hotel you can stay on gold and then use the gold lounge. (gold lounge has nothing to do with Fairmont presidents club or status)
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jeremybe
We dont get Gold floor access to the lounge with the card correct?
You should get one Gold Floor upgrade certificate per year with the card. You need to book a Deluxe room to use it.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:10 am

Just further question on this once yearly gold floor access for credit card holders:

Terms state that you must be an existing premier or platinum member to get the yearly upgrade

Therefore i am thinking of making sure I am premier status before I apply for the card as theoretically that would then gain me yearly gold floor upgrade for the foreseeable future provided I have the card

Is this the correct understanding or do you only keep the gold upgrade if you continue to earn at least premier status?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jonathanev
Terms state that you must be an existing premier or platinum member to get the yearly upgrade
We got one last year without "earning" Premier. And even better, they didn't take the certificate away last November, so we got to use it again last week (they did mark it as used this last time).
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:32 am

Just further question on this once yearly gold floor access for credit card holders:

Therefore i am thinking of making sure I am premier status before I apply for the card as theoretically that would then gain me yearly gold floor upgrade for the foreseeable future provided I have the card

Is this the correct understanding or do you only keep the gold upgrade if you continue to earn at least premier status?
I did not get the gold last year as I didn't re earn premier.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

Afaik the way itīs "supposed to" work is thatcard holders only receive the Gold upgrade cert if they earnt either 10 nights or 5 nights (minimum requirement for earning Premier status) the previous year.

I would be ather surprised if just having Premier status before applying for the CC would get you one Gold upgrade cert per year for all eternity.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Afaik the way itīs "supposed to" work is thatcard holders only receive the Gold upgrade cert if they earnt either 10 nights or 5 nights (minimum requirement for earning Premier status) the previous year.

I would be ather surprised if just having Premier status before applying for the CC would get you one Gold upgrade cert per year for all eternity.
This. My wife and I both got the gold certs initially with earned premier each. She earned premier again and got one, I had lifetime platinum with no stays and didn't get one. They check each year.

BTW we used the certs in Banff and Lake Louise last year and they were great. The Banff gold floor especially was fantastic, but the service at both was the best. I might go gold floor over suites in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.