Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by stromer52
I tried to use my 2 free night certificates that I got when I spent $1000 with my Fairmont Visa. There was no availability and they said it was only good for a standard Fairmont room and I could not use it toward credit for an available upgraded View room. The terms and conditions only said that the certificate could not be used as credit toward a Gold room.
Has anyone ever used their certificates as credit toward an upgraded room when the standard room was not available?
Any insights regarding this might help me get the room I want.
The info youwere given is correct. Free night certs can only be used for the Fairmont room category. I would keep watching availability on a regular basis and as soon as a Fairmont room becomes available, book it immediately. You can then apply your free night certs and your room upgrade or suite upgrade cert to get a better room.

One of the extra perks of this card is Lounge club access. Does anyone know of a link to show the lounges that are in this program or are all airline business class/first class lounges on the list.

Thanks, Rick
It´s definitely not any J/F lounge. It´s a network of mostly independently owned airport lounges. There should be a link somewhere when logging into your Chase account.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 5:58 am

Here is the Lounge Club link: https://www.loungeclub.com/en/our-lounges/
Not extensive coverage at all.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Schutzee
Here is the Lounge Club link: https://www.loungeclub.com/en/our-lounges/
Not extensive coverage at all.
Coverage isn´t great within the US (especially since most US airports have multiple airports), but internationally coverage is quite decent IMO. The quality of the lounges however varies greatly.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I'm planning my next churn for later this month. The Fairmont Chase Visa is on my shortlist. I'm thinking of using the two free nights at the Fairmont Mayakoba in Jan or Feb 2015. Is December too early to apply? If I apply in December, get the card in early Jan, and hold off on meeting the min. spend until Feb, could I use the free certs through the end of Feb 2015? Could I using the dining certs? I'll probably end up cancelling the card before I use the certs.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:54 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I'm planning my next churn for later this month. The Fairmont Chase Visa is on my shortlist. I'm thinking of using the two free nights at the Fairmont Mayakoba in Jan or Feb 2015. Is December too early to apply? If I apply in December, get the card in early Jan, and hold off on meeting the min. spend until Feb, could I use the free certs through the end of Feb 2015? Could I using the dining certs? I'll probably end up cancelling the card before I use the certs.
Certs take about 1 month to be awarded after spend is met and are valid 12 months. I'd wait till mid to late Jan to apply to guarantee validity.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:24 pm

How does one access the lounge club benefit? I can find no information on line as a current card holder. What does one have to show in order to use the 2 freebies per year?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by pickles1107
How does one access the lounge club benefit? I can find no information on line as a current card holder. What does one have to show in order to use the 2 freebies per year?
Enroll at https://www.loungeclub.com/fairmont
You'll get a Lounge Club card in the mail, that's all you need for access. Your first two entries are free, all after are charged $27.
Your two free entries can you and a guest.
Authorized users can get their own card, for another two free visits.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Enroll at https://www.loungeclub.com/fairmont
You'll get a Lounge Club card in the mail, that's all you need for access. Your first two entries are free, all after are charged $27.
Your two free entries can you and a guest.
Authorized users can get their own card, for another two free visits.
Great. thanks!

Can anything be done to expedite delivery? I was hoping to use them on Wednesday (2 days).
Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by pickles1107
Great. thanks!

Can anything be done to expedite delivery? I was hoping to use them on Wednesday (2 days).
No chance. It's a 100% automated process, cards take 1-3 weeks to arrive.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I tried to use my 2 free night certificates that I got when I spent $1000 with my Fairmont Visa. There was no availability and they said it was only good for a standard Fairmont room and I could not use it toward credit for an available upgraded View room. The terms and conditions only said that the certificate could not be used as credit toward a Gold room.
Has anyone ever used their certificates as credit toward an upgraded room when the standard room was not available?
Any insights regarding this might help me get the room I want.

Thanks, Rick
Same thing just happened to me today when I tried to book a room in Singapore for mid-April. I was told that there was no Fairmont room availability beginning in early March. Reservation agent thought the rooms were blocked out in anticipation of a large event. But I did a general room search for different time periods and found no Fairmont rooms available from early March on throughout 2014. So it just seems as if there is no ability to book these rooms (in any way) until just a month or two out.

As someone else in this thread said, I'll just be watching availability closely and will call back to book once Fairmont opens these rooms up.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gobears293
Same thing just happened to me today when I tried to book a room in Singapore for mid-April. I was told that there was no Fairmont room availability beginning in early March. Reservation agent thought the rooms were blocked out in anticipation of a large event. But I did a general room search for different time periods and found no Fairmont rooms available from early March on throughout 2014. So it just seems as if there is no ability to book these rooms (in any way) until just a month or two out.

As someone else in this thread said, I'll just be watching availability closely and will call back to book once Fairmont opens these rooms up.
In the past, Fairmont rooms not being available, restricted ability to upgrade to a suite. Nowadays, I'm not sure if Fairmont has lifted this restriction, and any member can upgrade to a suite if Fairmont rooms are not available. It is true also, that this tactic restricts ability to redeem free night certificates, and third night free certificates.

Did you try calling inhouse reservations at the hotel? I find inhouse reservations can make things happen beyond what central reservations, and premier/platinum line can.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Free Night After $12,000 Spend

Isn't the Fairmont Chase Visa supposed to offer a free night after spending $12,000 on the card in the first 12 months? Has anyone received this yet? If so, when did it post? Does it post to the Fairmont account? Appreciate any info, thanks.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by swdke
Isn't the Fairmont Chase Visa supposed to offer a free night after spending $12,000 on the card in the first 12 months? Has anyone received this yet? If so, when did it post? Does it post to the Fairmont account? Appreciate any info, thanks.
I read it differently. They give you a free anniversary night in any year you spend more than 12,000. Therefore, you won't receive a free night until your annual anniversary date, even if you met the spend requirement much sooner.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 4:01 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
And the question remains...

If you cancel the card, does this Free night cert (from the $12k spend in the previous year now sitting in the Fairmont account) stay intact? Does the answer change if you have the night used for future stay?

Anyone?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
sorry if this has been answered before, but if i get the fairmont chase cc and get two free nights after spending 1000. Can i book this for a friend and will he receive breakfast as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.