Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: IHG Plat
I got a letter in the mail saying that my e-certificates are available now, but when I checked my account online, I don't see anything under My Certificates. The letter arrived 2 weeks ago. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Or put another way, I'm a Premier member through the Chase Fairmont, which I got last April. I've already used the upgrade and free night certs that came with the card. Am I supposed to get new upgrade/free night certs every year at anniversary? Or was the letter sent to me in error?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by copilot5
I got a letter in the mail saying that my e-certificates are available now, but when I checked my account online, I don't see anything under My Certificates. The letter arrived 2 weeks ago. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Or put another way, I'm a Premier member through the Chase Fairmont, which I got last April. I've already used the upgrade and free night certs that came with the card. Am I supposed to get new upgrade/free night certs every year at anniversary? Or was the letter sent to me in error?
Did you review post one of this thread? (not sure if it is up to date...)

Anniversary Benefit
• One complimentary night each anniversary year that the Cardmember makes $12,000 in purchases with their card.

Per the website:

http://www.fairmont.com/promo/card/#benefits

Existing Premier and Platinum Members Receive an Annual Fairmont Gold Upgrade*
As you maintain your Fairmont President's Club Platinum or Premier status earned through your stays, you will receive a Fairmont Gold Floor upgrade certificate, plus dining certificates to enjoy once per year.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Did you review post one of this thread? (not sure if it is up to date...)

Anniversary Benefit
• One complimentary night each anniversary year that the Cardmember makes $12,000 in purchases with their card.

Per the website:

http://www.fairmont.com/promo/card/#benefits

Existing Premier and Platinum Members Receive an Annual Fairmont Gold Upgrade*
As you maintain your Fairmont President's Club Platinum or Premier status earned through your stays, you will receive a Fairmont Gold Floor upgrade certificate, plus dining certificates to enjoy once per year.
It is up to date to the best of my knowledge. If anyone sees an error, please PM me.

As members are supposed to get Premier status for as long as they have the CC, I´d assume that they´d get the Premier certs each year, but only the certs mentioned above based on certain other criteria.

Premier status without the certs would be completely useless, so I´d find it hard to imagine that one wouldn´t get the certs each year.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:48 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I think we are coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the Chase Visa, so I will let everyone know what they deposit. (I am a Plat)
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
I think we are coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the Chase Visa, so I will let everyone know what they deposit. (I am a Plat)
Have you spent $7,500 or $15,000 (for one or two stay credits)?

Have you spent $12,000 (for the free room)?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:01 pm

Have you spent $7,500 or $15,000 (for one or two stay credits)?

Have you spent $12,000 (for the free room)?
I did, I actually have spend $25,000 on the card, whoops, but I spent 15k to reach the annual spend thresholds, then I just spend 10k at a fairmont property (catering).

The stay credits mean little to me, as I am LTPlat
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:14 pm

Here is what I received in February:

Fairmont Visa Signature ..... Date Issued ........ Expiry Date
Card Certificates
Fairmont Visa $25 Dining Certificate ... 02/04/2013 02/04/2014
Fairmont Visa $25 Dining Certificate .... 02/04/2013 02/04/2014
Fairmont Visa Complimentary Gold Floor Upgrade ... 02/04/2013 02/04/2014

I am not sure where I am on spend... My goal was to spend at least $12K for the complimentary room.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:31 pm

@LarkSFO
In May 2012 I signed up for the card (I got my initial batch of certs)
I of course get my plat certs annually, but I have not gotten anything for 2013/anniversary bonus.

You can check your spend on Chase.com (Statements) spend counts from the first statement to 1 year (12 statements)

I am sitting at 100,000 fairmont points. Not sure if I should use them for fairmont gift cards, or amazon.com, since they are worth more on amazon.

Or maybe just keep them for a few more years, and book 10 ovation nights at the Raffles Praslin
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:44 pm

Or maybe just keep them for a few more years, and book 10 ovation nights at the Raffles Praslin
DO NOT DO THIS! Devaluation is rampant in hotel and airline programs. With any currency like this, you should follow the 'earn and burn' strategy!

I signed up for the Fairmont card in May 2012 too, and received the second set of credit card certs I listed above in February. (My first certs from the cc sign up received on 5/24/12, expire on 5/24/13. Although I have used most of them already...)
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:56 pm

DO NOT DO THIS! Devaluation is rampant in hotel and airline programs. With any currency like this, you should follow the 'earn and burn' strategy!

I signed up for the Fairmont card in May 2012 too, and received the second set of credit card certs I listed above in February. (My first certs from the cc sign up received on 5/24/12, expire on 5/24/13. Although I have used most of them already...)
All I have left from 2012 is 3 Gold Upgrades, I either go with Suite upgrade, or my locations don't have Gold Floors.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:59 pm

All I have left from 2012 is 3 Gold Upgrades, I either go with Suite upgrade, or my locations don't have Gold Floors.
Exactly what I have left over.

They should allow us to stack room/suite upgrades with Gold Floor upgrades!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
That's what I was confused about. I received a letter stating that new certs (i.e. my second set) were available in my account, but when I checked my account, I didn't see any certs. So I wasn't sure if a) I'm not supposed to receive a second set, and the letter was sent in error, or b) I am supposed to receive a second set, so I should contact FPC to ask about the missing certs.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:59 am
Original Member

What happens if your free night Visa certificate expires in the middle of your stay.

Example:

Certs expire Oct 9.
My stay is Oct 9 and 10.

Does anyone have and experience on how they would handle this?

Thanks.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Fairmont Points Earned From Fairmont Visa???

I have the Chase Fairmont Visa credit card and have been using for purchases. But, when I log on to the Fairmont President's Club, I don't see where my accumulated points are totaled. I don't find how many points I have accumulated, and I don't find where it might state how many points are required for a free night. In comparision, for my Hilton or SPG accounts with credit cards, I can log into each hotel account, see how many points I've accumulated, and how many points are required for booking a free night. What am I missing or not seeing? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by swdke
I have the Chase Fairmont Visa credit card and have been using for purchases. But, when I log on to the Fairmont President's Club, I don't see where my accumulated points are totaled. I don't find how many points I have accumulated, and I don't find where it might state how many points are required for a free night. In comparision, for my Hilton or SPG accounts with credit cards, I can log into each hotel account, see how many points I've accumulated, and how many points are required for booking a free night. What am I missing or not seeing? Thanks.
I believe the number of points earnt is displayed on the Chase site, not the Fairmont site, as Fairmont FPC is not a points-based program. The reward chart should also be on the Fairmont Chase CC site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.