Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:40 pm

Since this was discussed here several times above, I am cutting and pasting it here as well, but if a Moderator thinks this post (or the one in The Plaza thread) should be deleted or if it should be linked to instead, feel free to do that. Thought it might be of interest to people reading this thread though:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI, I spoke with the FPC Plat line at the start of this month to see if there was any Free Night award availability at The Plaza in August or Sept 2013. The EARLIEST Free Night they had available was Oct 2013. I had previously conjectured that this would be a real issue come March 2013. Since Plats cannot book their yearly Free Night awards until March 1st, this means that all the March-Sept 2013 Free Nights were gobbled up by Chase Visa Free Nights.

I probed a little deeper and asked if other Plats had an issue with this and the agent said yes they did and they might be doing something about it at the start of 2013 (or maybe March 2013). I assume that means that they will release some more rooms for Plats, but I'm not positive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Nov 4, 2012, 3:04 pm

still a bit confused

I've read through the entire thread, and I'm still a bit confused as to what benefits I'm eligible for, and how they would be applied to my reservations. This is for our 25th anniversary, and here's where I am so far:

Made reservations for Lake Louise and Banff Springs in April, 2 nights at each hotel. I've used AAA and reserved a Deluxe Lakeview at LL, and a Deluxe Premier Mountain View at Banff. In the case of LL, I've also opted to sign up for the eStandby for both the Gold level and suite upgrades. The rooms are ~$350 a night in all cases, so I'm actually pretty happy with the AAA rate, which is 100% refundable.

My first question is how would the 2 free night certificates be applied? Are they strictly for Fairmont rooms? If so, do I run the risk of not getting the type of room I'd prefer?

My second question is whether I would get the complimentary Gold upgrade. I have a FPC membership, but it's the bare bones one, just joined earlier this year. It seems from the thread that some are getting it, even though they don't have any status. If so, I thought I could just cancel the eStandby and use that at LL.

Third question relates to suite upgrades. I've seen a few people mention they received them as part of the card benefits (even without status). Are these included as well? Also, if I contacted FPC, would they let me apply the upgrade(s)(Gold and/or suite) across all four nights, even though it's two hotels? The answer is probably no, but I thought someone might have run across a case where they stayed at different Fairmonts on consecutive nights and were able to continue a benefit.

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by free888
Made reservations for Lake Louise and Banff Springs in April, 2 nights at each hotel. I've used AAA and reserved a Deluxe Lakeview at LL, and a Deluxe Premier Mountain View at Banff. In the case of LL, I've also opted to sign up for the eStandby for both the Gold level and suite upgrades. The rooms are ~$350 a night in all cases, so I'm actually pretty happy with the AAA rate, which is 100% refundable.

My first question is how would the 2 free night certificates be applied? Are they strictly for Fairmont rooms? If so, do I run the risk of not getting the type of room I'd prefer?
Free night certs can only be applied towards the Fairmont room category, so you wouldn´t be able to apply the certs towards your current reservation.

You could use free nights and a room or suite upgrade cert during your same stay, but otherwise, yes, you´d not be able to secure your desired room category.

My second question is whether I would get the complimentary Gold upgrade. I have a FPC membership, but it's the bare bones one, just joined earlier this year. It seems from the thread that some are getting it, even though they don't have any status. If so, I thought I could just cancel the eStandby and use that at LL.
No, if you currently have no status with FPC, you will not get the Gold upgrade certs (see post #1).

Third question relates to suite upgrades. I've seen a few people mention they received them as part of the card benefits (even without status). Are these included as well? Also, if I contacted FPC, would they let me apply the upgrade(s)(Gold and/or suite) across all four nights, even though it's two hotels? The answer is probably no, but I thought someone might have run across a case where they stayed at different Fairmonts on consecutive nights and were able to continue a benefit.

Thanks for your help.
All Fairmont Chase cardholders are given Premier status in the FPC program which comes with various benefits in its own right such as one 3rd night free cert, one suite upgrade cert, one room upgrade cert and two $25 dining certs.

One cert is only valid for one stay regardless of length, so I very much doubt FPC would allow you to use one suite upgrade cert for two 2 night stays at two different hotels and while I know of various exceptions being made I´ve never heard of an exception like the one you suggest. Sorry...
Old Nov 5, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Since this was discussed here several times above, I am cutting and pasting it here as well, but if a Moderator thinks this post (or the one in The Plaza thread) should be deleted or if it should be linked to instead, feel free to do that. Thought it might be of interest to people reading this thread though:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI, I spoke with the FPC Plat line at the start of this month to see if there was any Free Night award availability at The Plaza in August or Sept 2013. The EARLIEST Free Night they had available was Oct 2013. I had previously conjectured that this would be a real issue come March 2013. Since Plats cannot book their yearly Free Night awards until March 1st, this means that all the March-Sept 2013 Free Nights were gobbled up by Chase Visa Free Nights.

I probed a little deeper and asked if other Plats had an issue with this and the agent said yes they did and they might be doing something about it at the start of 2013 (or maybe March 2013). I assume that means that they will release some more rooms for Plats, but I'm not positive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And hopefully releasing this card in Canada
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by yulhammeryyz
[SIZE=1]

And hopefully releasing this card in Canada
^+1

If you stop dreaming, you might as well curl up and die!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:17 am

If i apply for the card now, and spend min requirement after receiving the card, how long do the certs post? im planning a trip to Maui this upcoming January.
they have the Fairmont dbl/dbl suite NS available. or do i have to call to see?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:15 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

did we ever figure out what happens when you reach the spend threshold. I spent 15k on the card this year. (If I recall 12k spend earned a free night, when does one get that?)
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:28 am

From the T&C: Anniversary Night: If your net purchases total $12,000 or more Annually, on your Anniversary you will receive a certificate redeemable for one night's stay at any Fairmont hotel or resort worldwide. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:34 am

AMRivlin -

Give them a call and see if they'll do an early deposit for you if you need the free night sooner.

Let us know.

Lark
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Good idea, Lark! But I just spoke to CS & was told the same as Schutzee's quote of the T&Cs: It sounds like they want to make us pay next year's $95 annual fee first & wait till it's too late for us to cancel & refund the fee! However, the Marriott & Holiday Inn freebie nights usually arrive in time to grab & run !
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:54 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I honestly don't mind keeping the card for $95.

If I understand the terms correctly,
As a Plat Member the renewal benefits:
1 Free Night (if you spent 12k)
1 Gold Cert
2 Lounge Passes
Usual Visa Benefits/Point Accumulation

Anything else?
Do we get food certs/willow stream, or was that on signup only
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Anything else?
Do we get food certs/willow stream, or was that on signup only
Plats should get $100 in F&B certs annually upon renewal IIRC. And Premiers get $50 in F&B certs annually upon renewal.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Just applied for this CC and was instantly approved... surprised as I already have several other Chase cards and thought I might have to go through the reconsideration line.

Signed onto Chase about 5 minutes later and voila - my Fairmont card is already showing there! With a $23,500 limit! Crazy.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:03 pm

After $7,500 spend quickly received 1 stay credit...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:27 pm

I just made a reservation at the Scottsdale Fairmont for 4 nights (using 2 nights each from my card and my wife"s) and they upgraded us to a suite using the upgrade coupons, so I am very happy about this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.