Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 8:55 am

what came w your offer?

Originally Posted by highman123
Rcvd wife's first Fairmont card today. What a nice surprise - beautiful booklet, card came already activated, only 2 days from filling the form on chase.com to the delivery at our doorstep. I'm really impressed. Miles ahead of the CSP in terms of displaying a premium image.

We've never been to a Fairmont hotel - if they are equally impressive I'll be stoked.
Hi - we are considering applying - but am interested in # of nights & min Spend required for your successful applicn ??

There seem to be several offers out there -- can U kindly enlighten us as to what U got & was the 1st yr fee waived ??

TIA
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by wagwag22
Hi - we are considering applying - but am interested in # of nights & min Spend required for your successful applicn ??

There seem to be several offers out there -- can U kindly enlighten us as to what U got & was the 1st yr fee waived ??

TIA
Can you share the links to the 'several offers' you mention?

I am only aware of one...

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...edit-card.aspx

Initially (through July?) they waived the annual fee...

From TPG's web site:

Some of the key benefits of the new card are:

-Earn 2 free nights with free breakfast at any Fairmont in the world when you make $1,000 in purchases within 3 months of account opening.
-1 free night at any Fairmont every anniversary of cardmembership when you spend $12,000 on the card within the year.
-Existing Premier and Platinum members receive an Annual Fairmont Gold Room Upgrade.
-$95 annual fee waived the first year when you apply by July 31, 2012.
-Automatic Fairmont Premier elite status.
-Basic membership with Lounge Club (which I wrote about here) and 2 free lounge visit passes each year to over 350 airport lounges in 200 cities. Pay $27 per person per visit thereafter.
-Earn 5 Fairmont points per $1 spent at Fairmont.
-Earn 2 Fairmont points per $1 spent on airfare directly from airlines, at car rental agencies and on transit and commuting expenses.
-1 Fairmont point per $1 on all other purchases.
-No foreign transaction fees.
-Car rental collision damage waiver insurance, trip cancellation, travel accident coverage, travel and emergency assistance, purchase protection coverage and extended warranty protection.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:04 pm

I am an authorized user on my wife's card. The two free night certificates appear in her Fairmont account. My daughter and I want to use the free nights at Tremblant but my wife will not be going as she doesn't ski. The certs say only Platinum members can transfer to family members (she is only Premier). How strictly is this rule enforced?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
I don't think it's been mentioned yet (but I'm not to re-read all 300+ posts), but did Fairmont have many promotional events at Fairmonts to plug the card before it launched?

I attended a very nice reception at the Plaza, where they plugged both their new healthier menus and the credit card. They also handed out goodie bags that contained a Fairmont bathrobe with one's initials monogrammed on it, Fairmont tea, scented candles, etc.

Anyhow, below was the text of the email.

I am not a VIP and frankly have no idea how I was invited. I have stayed at the Plaza and have been Platinum before, but any criteria that would have flagged me would have flagged a zillion people.

Subject: [Spent_All_My_Miles], join us for an exclusive cocktail reception

[Fairmont logo and background with text "an exclusive invitation"]

Because you’re one of a kind

Members of Fairmont President’s Club enjoy a world of personalized benefits and exclusive privileges, all designed around their passions — whether it’s arts and entertainment, sports and adventure, or food and wine. In celebration of these passions, we’d like to invite you and a guest to a special VIP event at The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed Hotel, New York.

Save the date: Tuesday, May 22, 2012
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The Plaza, New York

Enjoy an elegant cocktail reception, showcasing Fairmont’s inspired Lifestyle Cuisine Plus menu. Selections will be exquisitely prepared and presented by The Plaza's chef Willis Loughhead and The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa’s Michelin one-star chef Bruno Tison, in collaboration with chef
Jack Kiggins.
You’ll also be among the first to learn about an exciting new partnership for Fairmont — one that brings even more benefits to you, our valued Fairmont President’s Club members.
Space is limited. Please RSVP to [Person] E-mail [Email]or call [Number]. We’d love to
see you!
For hotel information, visit fairmont.com/theplaza
Old Oct 4, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by AAL
Thanks for the clarification. It is confusing because different hotels call their standard rooms by different names. It appears that Fairmont suites are available at the Kea Lani for one of the nights I asked about, so I will call again.

How does the room upgrade or suite upgrade fit into the equation, if I want to use one or the other with my free certificates? Does there still need to be a Fairmont room available before they will consider the suite upgrade, for example?
As a data point, I booked two nights during the 2nd week of October (next week) at the Kea Lani using the certs. So it is completely possible to book nights here.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
I don't think it's been mentioned yet (but I'm not to re-read all 300+ posts), but did Fairmont have many promotional events at Fairmonts to plug the card before it launched?

I attended a very nice reception at the Plaza, where they plugged both their new healthier menus and the credit card. They also handed out goodie bags that contained a Fairmont bathrobe with one's initials monogrammed on it, Fairmont tea, scented candles, etc.

Anyhow, below was the text of the email.

I am not a VIP and frankly have no idea how I was invited. I have stayed at the Plaza and have been Platinum before, but any criteria that would have flagged me would have flagged a zillion people.
Now I know why I haven´t received my Platinum Passion bathrobe yet, all the robes were given to people like you.

Seriously, thanks for sharing. Indeed, I´m pretty sure noone else here has mentioned such an event yet. Very interesting...
Old Oct 13, 2012, 3:44 pm
Original Member

Has anyone applied for and received a second Signature Card for a second set of 2 free nights? If so did you open a second Fairmont account or did you use your account that received the two free nights? Does anyone see any problems with this idea?

Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by birdyy
Has anyone applied for and received a second Signature Card for a second set of 2 free nights? If so did you open a second Fairmont account or did you use your account that received the two free nights? Does anyone see any problems with this idea?

Thanks.

I´m sure the T&C contain some wording about each member only being allowed to have one account.

Apart from that I very much doubt Chase allows customers to have two identical credit cards.

The only scenario that comes close to yours and would probably work IMO is if Fairmont had a co-branded credit car in both the US and Canada and somebody had both.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Chase is no Bank of America!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Chase is no Bank of America!
or Barclays!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by chrisj500
As a data point, I booked two nights during the 2nd week of October (next week) at the Kea Lani using the certs. So it is completely possible to book nights here.
As another data point, when I booked this I didn't use the upgrade certs.
I was told I'd get a Mountain View facing room. When I arrived, I received a
Oceanview View Suite King room. The "Best available rate" for that room is $749 currently, although it can be had cheaper. I also used $150 worth of breadfast / dinner certs.. So without any promotions, the value for me from opening this card equals at least $1650. And I still have 2 upgrade certs, and the 3rd night free cert that i haven't used.

This was absolutely the nicest property I stayed at in Hawaii, and my first stay with Fairmont.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:25 am

Can I combine the 2 free night certs from this cedit card with a booking made through Viruoso? I'm looking at 5 days at the Kea Lani in July, but I don't know if my virtuoso agent should book all five and then have me call with the free certs...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azlotus
Can I combine the 2 free night certs from this cedit card with a booking made through Viruoso? I'm looking at 5 days at the Kea Lani in July, but I don't know if my virtuoso agent should book all five and then have me call with the free certs...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Yes, you can definitely apply free nights certs towards a booking made through a Virtuoso agent. The best approach is to have the TA make the booking for five nights and then call FPC to apply the two free night certs.

Note, however, that at least in theory the hotel isn´t required to offer any benefits (i.e. breakfast) on the two nights on which you´re using the certs, though most hotels will offer it nevertheless.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
This is a huge YMMV. At the Kea Lani, Mayakoba and Olympic I did not get the Amex FHR breakfast when using free night certs, so definitely don't count on getting it.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Agreed. No FHR benefit for my stay at Pacific Rim on the free cert mornings. Also, the FB credits were not allowed on room service.

Same thing at Kea Lani. In fact, we used the number of free breakfasts based upon the number of paid days there and we were billed for breakfast one of the days because that happened to be the day the free night cert was applied. Fixed by Amex but did take a couple of emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.