Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2013, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Question: Ovation Category C certificates, what category of suite does this book into for Fairmont Kea Lani?
My Ovation Category C Gold/Suite booked me into Ocean View. I was told standard Category C booked into Fairmont room.

No offense, but what do your future vacation plans have to do with the Fairmont card?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 9:07 pm

how soon free nights post

Can someone kindly confirm how long it takes for free nights to post once I hit the CC $1,000 spending requirement? I am looking to travel to the Fairmont Barbados in May. I will apply for the card tomorrow if it's doable
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by mcdonalde
Can someone kindly confirm how long it takes for free nights to post once I hit the CC $1,000 spending requirement? I am looking to travel to the Fairmont Barbados in May. I will apply for the card tomorrow if it's doable

You may be cutting it close. I applied for the card in mid January, met spend during first statement, certificates just posted over the weekend.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 2:17 am

Anyone keeping this card after they redeem their free passes?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I am thinking about keeping it...Wife probably won't keep hers. Subject to change...
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by gpapadop
I am thinking about keeping it...Wife probably won't keep hers. Subject to change...
What is your thought process?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I am Lifetime Plat and get 1 free night each year. I could use another one for the annual fee and easy $12k per year spend...assuming the easy spend with the prepaid cards stays alive. Not convinced if it makes sense to do $12k per year is worth it. I need to sit down and think about this a little bit harder when the free night gets credited (after July).

Definitely does not make sense for wife, she only travels with me for leisure.

Two nights in a Fairmont is much better than just one...

If easy manufacture spend is still alive I could easily put the $12k spend somewhere else and likely get a bigger bang for the buck...
Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:17 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

My thought process is $95 fee earns me a free night (After 12k) and more dining certs, why wouldn't I keep it. And the lounge benefit is just a bonus.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 8:27 pm

Spending $12k on this card vs spending $12k on a Ink card: To me, this is the issue. $12k means 12k ChaseUltimateRewards which is almost 3 one way trips DTW-NYC where we go frequently to see family. So...if the way to hit that $12k spend remains as easy as it is now the card is a keeper to ME (not a regular Fairmont customer, had never stayed here before the Lifetime Plat deal came along!).

If you are a regular Fairmont customer I think the card is a keeper!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by comptalk
Higly unlikely for me. Even with the free night and premier status for 12K spend, the point redemptions are high. I know the answer to this question is probably no, but I'm gonna ask it anyway As a premier member can the 3rd night free certificates be used with the Visa complementary night certificates?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:47 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Higly unlikely for me. Even with the free night and premier status for 12K spend, the point redemptions are high. I know the answer to this question is probably no, but I'm gonna ask it anyway As a premier member can the 3rd night free certificates be used with the Visa complementary night certificates?
Yes they can be combined:

I know 3+1 (cumulative 2/4 nights free for certain)
Possibly 2+1 (2/3 nights free possible)

While the point redemptions are high, I use the card only for Fairmont purchases. I see it as a 5% back card for fairmont stays.

If you value Ovations higher than that for certain high end raffles redemptions (Praslin, Paris, Plaza, Savoy) then you can possibly get more than 5% out.

I am most likely having my wedding at a fairmont this autumn and this will net me 5% back in Fairmont giftcards or Ovation stays we can use on our honeymoon, to you guessed it, Fairmont properties.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I think I'm going to keep the card. Given the infrequency of my Fairmont stays nowadays, the stay credits may come in handy, and the suite at the Savoy or Raffles that I hope to earn eventially is probably something I wouldn't buy for myself.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by comptalk
I am going to keep it. I can always use free hotel nights. Along with free rental car day certs, they are something I never feel like I have enough of.

$12k in spend this year and $12k in spend next means two free nights, plus 24k fairmont points, which is 1k away (assuming no bonus spend) from an ovation cat A cert. The third night free certs and $50 in dining for the status each year also make up for the annual fee.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Because the point-prices of Ovation Cert.s are so high, I spend all my points on free Shell gasoline GCs. I'd rather have $250 in "free" gasoline than a free night in a $250 hotel room!
Also, I'm spending just enough to reach $12K by my anniversary date (June 3?) to grab a free night in Monte Carlo, where the money-price of a basic room is ~519 Euros per night. Plus $150 in free gas. I just hope I get it BEFORE I must pay the annual fee !
I'll probably cancel the card after that because my Chase Sapphire & new Carlson Visa are more beneficial to me. I don't stay often enough at Fairmonts to make it worthwhile.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:15 pm

Can you use a Fairmont suite upgrade certificate at a Raffles - particularly if you're using ovation certificates (at Raffles)?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.