Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by blase
Just applied for this CC and was instantly approved... surprised as I already have several other Chase cards and thought I might have to go through the reconsideration line.

Signed onto Chase about 5 minutes later and voila - my Fairmont card is already showing there! With a $23,500 limit! Crazy.
Similar story here: I wasn't immediately approved online, but I logged into my Chase account a few days later (also have a couple other cards with them) and saw the account listed, with a ridiculous credit limit. Got the package with the card in it a few days later.

Also interesting: there was no sticker on it that said "call this number to activate" so I tried using it in order to see if it needed activation, and it was declined. So I called to activate, and they made me answer a bunch of security questions - I assume because I'd tried using it prior to activation, since I'd never experienced such a long activation phone call for any card in the past, Chase or otherwise.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by yulhammeryyz

[size=1]

And hopefully releasing this card in Canada

+1

If you stop dreaming, you might as well curl up and die!

Why do you think there is no chance of getting this card in Canada? Sure would be great!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by pancakex
Similar story here: I wasn't immediately approved online, but I logged into my Chase account a few days later (also have a couple other cards with them) and saw the account listed, with a ridiculous credit limit. Got the package with the card in it a few days later.

Also interesting: there was no sticker on it that said "call this number to activate" so I tried using it in order to see if it needed activation, and it was declined. So I called to activate, and they made me answer a bunch of security questions - I assume because I'd tried using it prior to activation, since I'd never experienced such a long activation phone call for any card in the past, Chase or otherwise.
Thanks for the anecdote about activation. Thought it was strange that there was no sticker on the card too.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:17 am

If I'm an additional cardlholder on a my father's account will he be able to use the two free night certificates to book for just myself and a spouse as an anniversary gift?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:18 pm

I had a couple of questions about this card:

1. Is it possible to use the two free nights at The Savoy? If so what is availability typically like?

2. For the 3rd night free, is that applicable on the same stay when you use your two free night certificates?

3. How can you check availability for the free nights?

Thanks and happy holidays to all!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:36 pm

Does anyone know if the free nights can be used at the Fairmont Heritage Place Franz Klammer Lodge in Telluride? The reason I ask is it looks like the smallest room in this proporty is a 2 bedroom suite and the rack rate in winter is around $900/ night
Old Dec 25, 2012, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by terpfan101
I had a couple of questions about this card:

1. Is it possible to use the two free nights at The Savoy? If so what is availability typically like?

2. For the 3rd night free, is that applicable on the same stay when you use your two free night certificates?

3. How can you check availability for the free nights?

Thanks and happy holidays to all!
1. Yes, theoreically possible, though availability is limited due to capacity controls.

2. Don´t think so. You need to actually pay for wo nights when a 3rd night free cert.

3. To check availability at the Savoy and the Plaza you need to call the FPC line. At all the other Fairmont hotels there are no capacity controls, so you can use a free night cert as long as a Fairmont room is available and the dates aren´t blacked out (see Limited Access site)
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by timeo1
Does anyone know if the free nights can be used at the Fairmont Heritage Place Franz Klammer Lodge in Telluride? The reason I ask is it looks like the smallest room in this proporty is a 2 bedroom suite and the rack rate in winter is around $900/ night
"Certificates are not applicable at Heritage Place Residences."
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:52 pm

I'm very late to this party, but wondering if it's worth it to join in. I'm a plain ol' PC member, staying at the Orchid in a few weeks' time for a ridiculous rate I snagged on a hotels.com promotion back in November (<$300/night for a partial ocean view), without ever entering in my PC number at the time of booking. If I signed up for the Chase card today, would I be able to apply the suite upgrade to that existing reservation? If not, would it make a difference if I called the hotel and asked them to match the rate and re-book me directly? And if so, how?

I have no particular need for the credit card, but it seems like it would be more than covered simply by the upgrade, and I do tend to gravitate towards Fairmonts when I travel for leisure.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by cjdesmond
I'm very late to this party, but wondering if it's worth it to join in. I'm a plain ol' PC member, staying at the Orchid in a few weeks' time for a ridiculous rate I snagged on a hotels.com promotion back in November (<$300/night for a partial ocean view), without ever entering in my PC number at the time of booking. If I signed up for the Chase card today, would I be able to apply the suite upgrade to that existing reservation? If not, would it make a difference if I called the hotel and asked them to match the rate and re-book me directly? And if so, how?

I have no particular need for the credit card, but it seems like it would be more than covered simply by the upgrade, and I do tend to gravitate towards Fairmonts when I travel for leisure.
If your rate is ridiculous, it may be non-refundable.

If there is inventory and you had a suite upgrade right now, you should be able to use it. If you for the card applied right now would you be Premiere in time for your trip that you would have a certificate to use? Maybe not.

If your rate is refundable, you could contact the hotel and have them match and rebook you directly by email or a phone call to the hotel, but I am not sure what benefit you would derive from that.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by qbrain
If your rate is ridiculous, it may be non-refundable.

If there is inventory and you had a suite upgrade right now, you should be able to use it. If you for the card applied right now would you be Premiere in time for your trip that you would have a certificate to use? Maybe not.

If your rate is refundable, you could contact the hotel and have them match and rebook you directly by email or a phone call to the hotel, but I am not sure what benefit you would derive from that.
Hmm. Rate is refundable for another few days at least, but I'm arriving in less than three weeks. Assuming I'm approved more or less immediately (which appears to be the norm), what's the wait time for Premiere status? I suspect this falls into the too-good-to-be-true category, but it still may be worth a shot.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by XTrail
Originally Posted by yulhammeryyz

[size=1]

And hopefully releasing this card in Canada

+1

If you stop dreaming, you might as well curl up and die!

Why do you think there is no chance of getting this card in Canada? Sure would be great!
I would also welcome the opportunity for a Canadian version of this CC
Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:51 pm

The card that keeps on giving!

Wife and I both signed up, mostly for the free night certs (used at the Orchid) but man this card keeps on giving. We each had $100 in breakfast and $100 in dinners, and now we both just got another $50 in lunch/dinner certs in the mail. This is on top of the upgrades and 3rd night free certs, which we also used.

This has been one of my best signups in a looong time! Thank you, Fairmont. Have booked another stay already, ready to use up those additional certs!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 4:10 pm

Does anyone know whether, if one makes premier independently while holding the card, he or she will receive the gold certificate at the next anniversary as an existing premier?

I am trying to figure out how to maximize the card. I have a four night stay coming up at a fairmont for business that will cost about $2k. It seems to me that at that point, putting 15k in regular spend is a bit of a no-brainer: (1) it will push me past the 12.5k mark to get a fee night. (2) It will get me to 25k in reward points, which is enough for an ovation cat A cert. (3) it will get me 2 stay credits toward premier.

It is this last one I am most curious about. With my planned stay, plus the two stay credits, I am at three to the five needed for the anniversary gold cert. if I get lucky and my two free night stays count (I understand this is hit or miss), that's five right there.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Another question. Very shortly I would complete the $12k spend on two cards (mine and wife's). Anniversary date is mid to end of July. I understand that the annual fee needs to be paid then & then we receive the free night gift cert good for one year from date of issue?

We both should have about 15k pts (including 3k bonus points for spending 3k on the cards in Jan-Feb in a targeted promotion). So...what do these points get us again? I understand they are only tracked by Chase and not Fairmont?

Trying to determine if wife's card is a keeper. Get one night with annual fee...but that requires spend of 12k that COULD go elsewhere...say at 5x can get us 60k Chase UltimateReward points instead! Hmm...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.