Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2021 Upgrade Success (or lack thereof) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Upgrade Success (or lack thereof) thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
I'm a GM and cleared at T-72 to First on the 8AM 764, the 11AM return from SAN-ATL I only got Premium Select though.
Thanks, that's encouraging! I'm on a 753 via MSP on the way back, so it won't be available on the return.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
My Monday night return from last week's outbound, plat on a reasonably low fare class.

MDW-DTW (CR7) - cleared at 4 days out into the last available seat in F. But the upgrade list only had 1 person on it at flight time.

DTW-RDU (319) - 4 of 12 for 0. Row 10 was fine for 90 minutes.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: SkyMiles PM
ATL BWI upgrade

Platinum Main Cabin award ticket upgraded to C+ at ticketing then upgraded to F right at the five-day window ATL - BWI this Saturday 28 August 12:15 pm departure.
I'm returning Sunday 29 August 3:13 pm departure and expect to remain in C+ for that trip.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Are standby supposed to receive first class seats before those on upgrade list? 34 seats left, so not like those were the last 2.

DL2806 ANC-SEA 8/28/21

Standby received first class.

Passengers on upgrade list didn't receive first class upgrade even though 2 seats had been available at 1 hour prior to departure.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 4:25 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Tony King
Are standby supposed to receive first class seats before those on upgrade list? 34 seats left, so not like those were the last 2.
Standby passengers no. However if you are confirmed in F without a seat assignment -- this has happened to me after a SDC, and I think will also display this way for displaced F pax from earlier IRROPs -- then it will show as if you have cleared into F off of the standby list as well.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Tony King

DL2806 ANC-SEA 8/28/21

Standby received first class.

Passengers on upgrade list didn't receive first class upgrade even though 2 seats had been available at 1 hour prior to departure.
Names on the "Standby List" in the app include passengers with confirmed tickets, but no assigned seat. When I buy a ticket for a work trip through Egencia, it offers me a chance to select a seat, but I always skip that step and then pick from the app after ticketing (so that my DM status is recognized so I can select C+). If i didn't go back in and pick that seat, my name would appear on the Standby List until I was assigned a seat at the gate. The list also includes SDS passengers, as mentioned, as well as non-revs and displaced passengers from IROPS.

So in short, there are a bunch of completely valid reasons why this might have happened.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
First battlefield upgrade in ever today. Short LAS-SLC flight. I was upgraded at 24 hours to Comfort Plus. Section was full. Just as the door was closing, an FA said, "Brian?" I said, "That's me..." He said "Still want to move up to first?" I said, "Sure!"
Old Aug 30, 2021, 12:18 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
DL 1005 IAD SEA Aug 30 Silver Medallion

Cant believe I cleared transcon as Silver Medallion, 22hrs prior to flight. Woo hoo. Was V class.

Jiburi

Last edited by jiburi; Aug 30, 2021 at 10:32 am
Old Aug 30, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
ATL to SAN (DL 702) on 9/4 shows 30 first class seats available (not a D1 flight but lie flat) and upgrade/standby list shows 30 seats available… any idea why they haven’t opened up upgrade space at T-5? Could they be eyeing an equipment downgrade?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 2:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
ATL to SAN (DL 702) on 9/4 shows 30 first class seats available (not a D1 flight but lie flat) and upgrade/standby list shows 30 seats available… any idea why they haven’t opened up upgrade space at T-5? Could they be eyeing an equipment downgrade?
Upgrades only begin processing 120 hours prior, so you're about 13 hrs too early.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 2:33 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by aacar
Upgrades only begin processing 120 hours prior, so you're about 13 hrs too early.
lol the 4 days and 9 hours until checkin threw me off - so yes 9 hours to early!!

thanks
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: golden pleb
Cleared as diamond with RUC at T-72 MSP-> to D1 (as did companion). Most exciting!
Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:12 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'm flying JFK-LAS, 8:00AM on Friday, 9/3/21. I attached an RUC request for an upg to D1. Two weeks ago the seat map had 12 D1 seats avallabe if you wanted to pay $950, that number diminished daily. Some days the entire plane had NO selectable seats [but seats were available, per the APP]. On 8/30/31 I noticed I was now seated in 2B (I was upgraded--though DL never notified me), yesterday I was able to change from 2B to 4D (preferred window seat).
In other threads the unselectable seat issue was discussed, but I don't think a conclusion was reached as to why(?)?
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:56 pm

FAI to MSP - Sat Night, Ended 7 and 8 for 1 F; oversold flight
MSP to RDU - Sun Morning - Cleared at PM window with companion
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:59 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Just booked a last minute flight to PHX this weekend from Seattle. Got UGd to FC right after purchase (inside 5 day window already) on the SEA-PHX flight and just now got notified that I'll be in FC on the return. Both flights are on the A221, which I'm super excited about since I've only flown that bird once before. I think I'm now 11/14 for the year as a PM on my non-paid FC segments.

Question: the DL app is showing a meal in FC both directions, as this is an 1100 mile trip. This proved to be false on my most recent SEA-OGG flight, as we were given the dreaded snack box in lieu of real food. That was 6 weeks ago, though; has anything improved on the domestic first class food front?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.