Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
The second new A Club and FIS aren’t open yet and DL is still using S as of today. The clubs DL decided to permanently closed were removed from the SkyClub directory so they obviously have plans to re-open the S club. DL just recently even re-opened the tiny secondary C28 club in LGA even though it’s only convenient for 2 Gates (C28 and C26).
I am aware. I should've said once the new FIS facility opens then DL will be moving away from S. Most of the DL ops are A/B these days anyway. S is mostly common use.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Jun 24, 2021 at 6:37 pm
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ND76
I'm currently in the main (A40) club in DTW; before this I was in the B/C club and the club at the north end of A. There is a water main break in the DTW area, and Delta has responded by locking all the bathrooms in the clubs and by abandoning all food and beverage service. Not even canned drinks and bags of chips are available.

Here's the story on the water main break from WXYZ-TV Channel 7 in Detroit:

Crews working to repair water main break at DTW terminal (wxyz.com)
Thanks for the heads up. Flying through first in the morning. Hopefully things are improved by then. Long night for those crews though.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nellieollie
I have a quick question, I hope this is the right place to post this. I have the platinum amex card so I can get into SC's for free when flying delta. I have read online that you can bring guests in for a fee, how does that work? I am new to this whole lounge thing
Platinum Amex cardholders can bring in up to two guests at I believe $39/guest. The DL website doesn't state the fee, but I believe it is the same as DL Amex card guest fee. The fee will be charged to your Amex card.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
SLC SkyClub is all self service buffets as of yesterday.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
SLC SkyClub is all self service buffets as of yesterday.
ditto for SEA (as of Wednesday night)!
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
The second new A Club and FIS aren’t open yet and DL is still using S as of today. The clubs DL decided to permanently closed were removed from the SkyClub directory so they obviously have plans to re-open the S club. DL just recently even re-opened the tiny secondary C28 club in LGA even though it’s only convenient for 2 Gates (C28 and C26).
Per the staff at the A club in SEA, the S club will NOT reopen. They plan to build a new club at the end of A gates.
I wonder why the need to build a new club at the end of A. The main A club is huge, and you walk past the main club to go down to the end of A anyways.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: Skymiles
Does Delta B have suitable breakfast?

i have a layover of -4 minutes and the skyclub is between my gates. I would appreciate being able to grab food and run and having breakfast before landing at 1:30 pm
Old Jun 26, 2021, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JulioCesarSalad
i have a layover of -4 minutes and the skyclub is between my gates. I would appreciate being able to grab food and run and having breakfast before landing at 1:30 pm
Not sure if you're going to make that connection
jiggs and krazykanuck like this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by rylan
Not sure if you're going to make that connection
connection started boarding about 5 minutes before we could deplane, made it from A to B and made it onto the plane!

no I did not grab breakfast lol
Old Jun 26, 2021, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by JulioCesarSalad
Does Delta B have suitable breakfast?

How were you allowed to book a flight with a 4 minute connection?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 9:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Today I came into ATL at E4 and my next gate is C50. I asked the SC agent at the E SC if C was back open yet. She said they plan to reopen it June 29. Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta DM
Atlanta sky club terminal E hot food

They had great tomato soup and other hot food selections. Visited terminal F and terminal A , none of them had hot food.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
How were you allowed to book a flight with a 4 minute connection?
If you read posts carefully, OP looks to have based connecting time on boarding start time, not departure time. Assuming boarding started at roughly 40 minutes before departure, it was actually a legal 36 minute connection (based on -4 minute connection).
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:43 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
We’re in the ATL F club now and they have hot food: creamy tomato penne pasta, chicken meatballs (in the same sauce as the pasta), tomato bisque soup and beef broth.

MEM had hot pulled pork and italian beef with the necessary accessories to make a sandwich.
DCFlyer0306 and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kpbadger
We’re in the ATL F club now and they have hot food: creamy tomato penne pasta, chicken meatballs (in the same sauce as the pasta), tomato bisque soup and beef broth.
Hmm, tomato must be on sale again...
MSPeconomist and RealHJ like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.