Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Why isn't Delta using the C gates? It's my favorite club. If Delta really cared about "keeping people safe" they would spread out over all of their gates to reduce crowds.
Totally agree--the F/G club has been decently "crowded" (by COVID standards) for months. I suspect most will blame cost-cutting. I, personally, just miss the plane watching from that club...
Old Jan 14, 2021, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
MSP F/G club is quite crowded at the moment I might actually leave to find a quieter space in terminal......check-in and security also had really long lines even for Clear.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
First time in the new SLC lounge this morning - what a nice space. The old one had turned into quite the pit. I was wondering if I'd get Utah'ed by the bar service, but apparently airport lounges have their own special service hours from 8am-12am. SkyDeck was open and checked that out for a bit, but was a bit too chilly this morning, at barely above freezing.

For breakfast they had 3 different hot items, a breakfast burrito of eggs and potatos, a biscuit sandwich with eggs and sausage, and a meatless version of the sandwich. Was pretty bland tasting, but nice and warm, unfortunately I didn't notice the hot sauce until I went back up there. Plus all the usual cold suspects on the buffet.

Old Jan 16, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Smile

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
First time in the new SLC lounge this morning - what a nice space. The old one had turned into quite the pit. I was wondering if I'd get Utah'ed by the bar service, but apparently airport lounges have their own special service hours from 8am-12am. SkyDeck was open and checked that out for a bit, but was a bit too chilly this morning, at barely above freezing.

For breakfast they had 3 different hot items, a breakfast burrito of eggs and potatos, a biscuit sandwich with eggs and sausage, and a meatless version of the sandwich. Was pretty bland tasting, but nice and warm, unfortunately I didn't notice the hot sauce until I went back up there. Plus all the usual cold suspects on the buffet.

It an outstanding club. Really impressed by it. And its HUGE. The only knock, which has been discussed at length in another forum, is its location in the terminal. Other than that, it may become my favorite club in the US system. That title is currently held by the CVG club(also my home airport club so i may be SLIGHTLY biased)
Old Jan 16, 2021, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
The only knock, which has been discussed at length in another forum, is its location in the terminal.
Yeah I hear that. My inbound flight came it at A1 or A3, and my outbound was out of A9, so was a bit of a hike in both directions.

Slight update on EWR. I snapped this pic today on my way out - maybe it's close to opening back up as they've completely renovated the entryway and check in desks - much of the stuff is still bubble wrapped. As of a month ago, it was still the old check in desks with a random ladder in the middle of the lobby, as I mentioned previously.

cmd320, tardyturtle and DLASflyer like this.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 9:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Yeah I hear that. My inbound flight came it at A1 or A3, and my outbound was out of A9, so was a bit of a hike in both directions.

Slight update on EWR. I snapped this pic today on my way out - maybe it's close to opening back up as they've completely renovated the entryway and check in desks - much of the stuff is still bubble wrapped. As of a month ago, it was still the old check in desks with a random ladder in the middle of the lobby, as I mentioned previously.

Wasn’t Newark upgraded over a year ago so this would have been accomplished during the full renovation?

I too just walked by there and there were no signs of a reopening.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I heard a rumor that the MSY Club was reopening February 1. I'd be surprised if it did, I don't think that there's enough traffic to warrant it.

There are only 7 MSY-ATL, 1 MSY-JFK (Republic), 1 MSY-LAX, 1 MSY-MSP, 1 MSY-DTW, 1 MSY-SLC and no non-stop LGA. That's 50% of what the schedule used to be.

I was at the LGA C Club on 1/7 at 1 PM and I was the only passenger in the Club.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Jan 17, 2021 at 7:17 am
Old Jan 16, 2021, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I heard a rumor that the MSY Club was reopening February 1. I'd be surprised if it did, I don't think that there's enough traffic to warrant it.

There are only 7 MSY-ATL, 1 MSY-JFK (Republic), 1 MSY-LAX, 1 MSY-MSP, 1 MSY-DTW, 1 MSY-SLC and no on-stop LGA. That's 50% of what the schedule used to be.

I was at the LGA C Club on 1/7 at 1 PM and I was the only passenger in the Club.
Ive been the only passenger at the DCA club recently and it stays open and has been open for a long time during this pandemic
Old Jan 17, 2021, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd expect DL to keep lounges open in hubs (at least one per hub) and major business cities. The DCA SC also has (or had) the VIP section to the side, so it would be easier (and perhaps not much more costly) to keep the SC open if they don't want to close that VIP area.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Wasn’t Newark upgraded over a year ago so this would have been accomplished during the full renovation?
You may be right. I've actually only been in the EWR lounge once, but I thought all the computers being bubble wrapped indicated they might be doing *something* there.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
You may be right. I've actually only been in the EWR lounge once, but I thought all the computers being bubble wrapped indicated they might be doing *something* there.
Guessing they just covered the computers with trash bags when they shut down in March.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
Any recent reports from SEA (A Club)?

Will have a few 2 hour connections there next week. I was in SEA about a month ago (though was flying AS on that trip and obviously couldn't use the Club) and the airport was a very sad place with all of the restaurants mandated to be closed again.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: SPG Plat and Lifetime Plat DL Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Ive been the only passenger at the DCA club recently and it stays open and has been open for a long time during this pandemic
DCA is only kept open because of politicians travel, it’s a cash loser otherwise.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Any recent reports from SEA (A Club)?

Will have a few 2 hour connections there next week. I was in SEA about a month ago (though was flying AS on that trip and obviously couldn't use the Club) and the airport was a very sad place with all of the restaurants mandated to be closed again.
Everything is still closed in the state so while
i haven’t been in the club recently I doubt anything has changed.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL PM
Re: SEA club, I'll be there Thursday afternoon and will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.