Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
More SkyClubs Temporarily Closed

Just saw a new list this morning on delta.com. I noted the following clubs are now closed temporarily:
AUS, LAX (T3), and SAN. There may be other changes, but those ones stood out as I use them often or planned to use them in the near future.
Until the mods update the wiki list above, you can find an updated list at delta.com.
Also, today's announcements include additional changes to on-board services: Notably--NO HOT MEALS on longer flights.

Last edited by mrcimino1; Mar 25, 2020 at 9:33 am Reason: More info added
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by mrcimino1
Just saw a new list this morning on delta.com. I noted the following clubs are now closed temporarily:
AUS, LAX (T3), and SAN. There may be other changes, but those ones stood out as I use them often or planned to use them in the near future.
Until the mods update the wiki list above, you can find an updated list at delta.com.
Also, today's announcements include additional changes to on-board services: Notably--NO HOT MEALS on longer flights.
Only curious and not judging but why are you still travelling?

Last edited by apodo77; Mar 25, 2020 at 12:52 pm
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I am currently in ATL B18 SC:
We are served hot dishes: bbq meatball, veg soup, beans, and one other items.
Second area has fruit and other small things all wrapped up.
Water is self serve.
Just a wild guess, but apparently they want to safe a few dollars but not doing much with a/c right now.
Oh, but at least Wifi is fast with maybe 10 of us here.

Last edited by Xeno; Mar 25, 2020 at 11:44 am
Old Mar 25, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Xeno
I am currently in ATL B18 SC:
We are served hot dishes: bbq meatball, veg soup, beans, and one other items.
Second area has fruit and other small things all wrapped up.
Water is self serve.
Just a wild guess, but apparently they want to safe a few dollars but not doing much with a/c right now.
Oh, but at least Wifi is fast with maybe 10 of us here.
Are the bars and restaurants open in the airport? Take out only?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by apodo77
Are the bars and restaurants open in the airport? Take out only?
The ones that were open the other day were take out only.
apodo77 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:05 am

Still hoping to travel

Originally Posted by apodo77
Only curious and not judging but why are you still travelling?
I guess there are several reasons:
1. I plan ALL of my trips a lot farther in advance than the average person does. I have tickets purchased all the way through June at this time. A couple of trips each month.
2. I am in the travel business and it is an integral part or my life. I look forward to each trip (and each comp upgrade) eagerly.
3. I remain optimistic that at some point, hopefully in the near future, we will put this whole coronavirus issue behind us and return to a more normal life.

I was supposed to be in Cancun this week celebrating my birthday at an all-inclusive resort that I like very much. When things escalated much faster last Friday and "Do not travel" orders were issued by the State Department, I made the decision that I would have to forego this trip, but I stubbornly waited until 24 hours before my planned departure, which was March 24th, before I actually called and cancelled the trip and got a Delta Vacations voucher with very generous re-booking terms that gave me access to all of my money to spend later on another trip to anywhere. As it turned out, my Tuesday flight from DTW to CUN ended up getting cancelled a few hours later and my all-inclusive in Mexico ended up announcing that they were closing on Wednesday. I would have been stuck in Mexico, if I actually got there, without a place to stay and without any real assurance that I would be able to get back into the country quickly and easily. It would have turned into a nightmare instead of a holiday! My next trip is a day-trip to San Diego on April 7th and while I am now 90% certain that I will not be sitting in a comfy First Class seat on several Delta planes that day, again I am not cancelling the trip yet. I just prefer to remain optimistic until the last possible opportunity to change my mind about flying.

PS: While it is not yet mandatory in my state, last Friday afternoon my staff and I voluntarily decided to lock the office door for 2 weeks and we are all working from home instead. We are currently doing our part to remain socially distancing, but we also remain hopeful that an end will be in sight very soon.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by mrcimino1

PS: While it is not yet mandatory in my state, last Friday afternoon my staff and I voluntarily decided to lock the office door for 2 weeks and we are all working from home instead. We are currently doing our part to remain socially distancing, but we also remain hopeful that an end will be in sight very soon.
As he prepares to take a leisure day trip to SD. LOL
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Womp womp...

Looks like SkyClub ops have been consolidated to Hubs only. Focus cities and outstations are closed.

Accordingly, added AUS, LAX (T3), SAN, BNA, CVG, DEN, DFW, EWR, FLL, HNL, LGA (C), MCO, MIA, ORD, PBI, PHX, RDU, SFO, and TPA to the shitlist.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Is alcohol still available at the remaining clubs?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:06 am

Programs: DM Delta; VS Gold; HA Platinum; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by A321neo
Is alcohol still available at the remaining clubs?
Regular suite of alcohol was available at the B and F SCs at ATL on 3/25.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
So I wonder if DL is going to be extending Skyclub memberships for those who have paid for them and are unable to use them due to the closures and flight cancellations?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rylan
So I wonder if DL is going to be extending Skyclub memberships for those who have paid for them and are unable to use them due to the closures and flight cancellations?
I also wonder if AMEX/DL is going to do something for Reserve cardholders? The extra MQMs won’t do not much good if DL extends everyone’s status and I likely won’t be able to use the SC for 1/4th of the year depending on how long this last for.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by JTE458
As he prepares to take a leisure day trip to SD. LOL
When you are 1 of only 10 people on the plane, I think I can manage to sit 6 feet away from anyone else!
Old Mar 28, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
I'm so glad I let my membership lapse last month.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I was in ATL B at 9 am this morning and all the food was wrapped. The foods I took were okay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.