Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Zorak
Seen in Taiwan:

Attachment 16070
OT, but here's what I saw in Tiawan, I think.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
"Sky Club toast misadventures" probably deserves its own thread
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by appleguru
How little storage most of the D1 seats have, and how difficult it can be to find a comfortable position to sit in in them :-/
Correction: I mistakenly said Emirates is part of oneworld. It has now been replaced with another 1W airline premium product I like. Ironically I also screwed up claiming Qantas was part of Star. That also has been noted

And why is it DeltaOne has to look so clinical?

IMO, DL's Int'l J product is the worst of the big three including both the new business class on AAs 787s and United's Polaris and Global First. It's a shame really. All white, or gray (depending on if you end up in one of the coffins -ahem, 764 cough, cough-) with no life, and frankly less privacy or storage. I mean TBH, AAs flagship first seat really puts the current D1 product in the 747 even to shame.

How can the domestic product outshine the other two, but int'l be pitiful in comparison. Oh and also, what a crappy alliance.. Skyteam, really -what a joke!

Oneworld has all of the better airlines: Eithad and Qatar
And Even Star has a few good ones.. Singapore, Lufthunsa
Meanwhile... What are we left with? Oh right, Airfrance and this..

Quite pathetic, when compared to this.

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Jul 21, 2016 at 5:25 pm
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:06 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
How much do you pay for that KLM seat vs. the Residence?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM

IMO, DL's Int'l J product is the worst of the big three including both the new business class on AAs 787s and United's Polaris and Global First. It's a shame really. All white, or gray (depending on if you end up in one of the coffins -ahem, 764 cough, cough-) with no life, and frankly less privacy or storage. I mean TBH, AAs flagship first seat really puts the current D1 product in the 747 even to shame.

How can the domestic product outshine the other two, but int'l be pitiful in comparison. Oh and also, what a crappy alliance.. Skyteam, really -what a joke!

Oneworld has all of the better airlines: Eithad and Emirates
And Even Star has a few good ones.. Qantas, Lufthunsa

[/url]
Emirates is not in OW or any of the big 3 alliances.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
Yeah it's a ridiculous comparison. Beyond absurd, actually.

Recently flew on the upper deck of a KLM 747. Both hard and soft products were excellent. I'd fly KLM over DL every time, given the choice.

In terms of price, The Residence costs $40K RT. The KLM flight was part of a trip that cost $1.8K RT.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL PM

Oneworld has all of the better airlines: Eithad and Emirates
And Even Star has a few good ones.. Qantas, Lufthunsa

Quite pathetic, when compared to this.
Dannii Minogue Explores The Residence - Airbus A380 - Etihad Airways - YouTube
That KLM Biz class section looks quite nice TBH... Only thing I don't like about KL Biz is no direct aisle access on all seats (some have a neighbor), and the cloth seats. Service and food was very good.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:13 pm

You haven't seen clinical until you have flown in Korean Air's new J class that they are quite proud of. They must have seen a photo of a hospital from the 1950's and said, "my, that teal is a lovely color. We should use it as the primary color for the interior of our aircraft."
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah it's a ridiculous comparison. Beyond absurd, actually.

Recently flew on the upper deck of a KLM 747. Both hard and soft products were excellent. I'd fly KLM over DL every time, given the choice.

In terms of price, The Residence costs $40K RT. The KLM flight was part of a trip that cost $1.8K RT.
+1

Love KL's new WBC. And the 2-wide seating is just fine when travelling with a companion IMO (nearly all my intl travel is leisure, with Mrs. Lee).
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:50 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by appleguru
Only thing I don't like about KL Biz is no direct aisle access on all seats (some have a neighbor)
In the pic above, it appears as though the seats on the "2" side, are staggered somewhat, so that you're not exactly shoulder-to-shoulder or eye-to-eye with your neighbor - - or, is that an optical illusion. Even if so, I guess you still hafto step over your neighbor's feet / legs to get out.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by pvn
True, however talking premium products. WBC as far as Ik the best KLM has to offer, which pales in comparison. Though indeed you do most definitely get what you pay for

I'll admit it probably would of been better to compare it to the FC apartment at most considering KLM'S explicitly going for a J product anyways. However that's the point, the varying level of quality between each alliances flagship hard products

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Jul 21, 2016 at 5:45 pm
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Duplicate post keep scrolling

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Jul 21, 2016 at 5:44 pm Reason: Writing on phone ugh
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Situation
You haven't seen clinical until you have flown in Korean Air's new J class that they are quite proud of. They must have seen a photo of a hospital from the 1950's and said, "my, that teal is a lovely color. We should use it as the primary color for the interior of our aircraft."
You got me there. Isn't it more private though then my other ST examples though(excluding La Premier)?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
IMO, DL's Int'l J product is the worst of the big three including both the new business class on AAs 787s and United's Polaris and Global First.
United Polaris only exists in CG renderings. The product looks nice, yes, but will take years to be retrofitted across the fleet. In the meantime, customers are stuck with United's lackluster BusinessFirst. By comparison, Delta has offered fleet-wide flat beds and direct aisle access (excepting the 757s) for some time now. I'll agree that the Delta One cabins could use additional storage, privacy, and color, but it's not like the airline is sitting still; indeed, new A350 and 777 products are due next year. And I'm willing to bet Delta will implement the changes more quickly than have AA or UA.

I'll admit it probably would of been better to compare [KLM World Business Class] to the [Etihad] FC apartment at most considering KLM'S explicitly going for a J product anyways.
KL WBC vs. EY Apartment is still a ridiculous comparison, since the former is business class and the latter first class.

However that's the point, the varying level of quality between each alliances flagship hard products.
I'd say SkyTeam's flagship hard product is AF La Premiere. It's certainly not KL WBC.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MS02113
United Polaris only exists in CG renderings. The product looks nice, yes, but will take years to be retrofitted across the fleet. In the meantime, customers are stuck with United's lackluster BusinessFirst. By comparison, Delta has offered fleet-wide flat beds and direct aisle access (excepting the 757s) for some time now. I'll agree that the Delta One cabins could use additional storage, privacy, and color, but it's not like the airline is sitting still; indeed, new A350 and 777 products are due next year. And I'm willing to bet Delta will implement the changes more quickly than have AA or UA.
Of course. And I think we'll all be excited to see what plans DL has in store; However, for the time being its far from the best.
KL WBC vs. EY Apartment is still a ridiculous comparison, since the former is business class and the latter first class.
I will agree it is comparing an F product to J. However I think the point still remains.

I'd say SkyTeam's flagship hard product is AF La Premiere. It's certainly not KLM WBC.
Definitely. However, those are two of the best options that ST has to offer; And by no means are they bad (heck I actually like KLM's WBC -just not to the extent of some other airlines products).

Epilogue/TL;DR:

I love all these products, I just feel they all have a decent way to go; especially considering that each are the best offerings from all of the ST airlines. EY residence is a steep climb from D1, La Premiere and WBC of which all three I still think is nice (especially after coming from PMNW WBC) and I don't know how EY could make profit off it. However, that still doesn't bring to light the fact that I cant buy anything higher than J at both Delta and KLM, which I think opens a small oppurtunity for comparison. Obviously with what each airline is going for WBC, D1, etc is intentionally going to be of lesser quality than EY FCA/Residence -hence the price.
Yet again, it'll be exciting to see what Delta will have in store for the A350, so we'll just have to wait and see; as I don't see my points on DL lasting for much longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.