Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by Renes Points
GA no. Redcoat yes (but only one for me and one for wife - did not push it for 2x). And hotel voucher.
What about breakfast at the hotel voucher and the ride in the porsche to the hotel voucher.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by dzflyer
What about breakfast at the hotel voucher and the ride in the porsche to the hotel voucher.
I used the free hotel shuttle then breakfast at the Centurion :-:

Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Delta won't let me PAY them (with Cash) to upgrade my husband's seat since it's an award ticket. So DL IT can figure out paying for a ticket then upgrading with miles but not the other way around?
I think my grandfather's business maxim of "When someone wants to give you their money stop what you are doing and take it" is no longer followed by 99.9% of the world, because if Delta really wanted my money they'd figure out how to let me pay for an upgrade with cash.
And it should be noted that is space to upgrade into (even ::gasp:: seats next to each other).
I'm mainly complaining because I'm putting him in my FC seat (because he's going to put up with my family for 36 hours) and I'll be stuck in his Y- seat with the 2 year-old.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by 3furballs
Delta won't let me PAY them (with Cash) to upgrade my husband's seat since it's an award ticket. So DL IT can figure out paying for a ticket then upgrading with miles but not the other way around?
I think my grandfather's business maxim of "When someone wants to give you their money stop what you are doing and take it" is no longer followed by 99.9% of the world, because if Delta really wanted my money they'd figure out how to let me pay for an upgrade with cash.
And it should be noted that is space to upgrade into (even ::gasp:: seats next to each other).
I'm mainly complaining because I'm putting him in my FC seat (because he's going to put up with my family for 36 hours) and I'll be stuck in his Y- seat with the 2 year-old.
Wow thats pretty cool my wife under that scenario would still be in 1st and id be slumming it with the 2yr old. Kudos to you. ^
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Renes Points
GA no. Redcoat yes
I'll hafto remember that!!!

Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I'd really like to fly an airline where "children under 2" included neither 11-year-olds nor pets (sorry, "therapy animals").
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
When DL.com calls it a Boeing MD-88.

The MD-80 isn't an underpowered sardine can, so we know Boeing had nothing to do with the design.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delta passengers upset at missing 'Carol' kiss

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/05/medi...iss/index.html
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I got promoted!

I finally sent in an online comment, prefaced with "No help necessary; this is just a message for anyone in DL leadership who cares about what a PM MM thinks of the domestic F experience"

my basic point was that imo the new 20F config on the 757 -- uncomfortable seats, not really F-worthy pitch, and up to 15 C+ pax retrieving stuff from the overheads making disembarking thru 2L no longer quick and efficient -- has destroyed what was the best domestic F experience in the fleet

I also stated that the 739 has the same issues wrt the F seats, and additionally reiterated how I don't care for the angled D1 seats on the A330 -- my head is by the aisle, and I'm thus more susceptible to being jostled by FAs or other pax; further, the A and B seats have a pretty direct path for light and sound from the galley to be a disturbance on redeyes (I've mentioned this latter in a couple threads over the past year)

message ended with the following: "I am actively booking away from any equipment other than the D1-configured 757-200, the 753, and the 767 for transcontinental travel; moreover, the C+ implementation and rollout issues ("upgrades" to middle seats, companions, not applicable to the AmEx companion certificate or SkyBonus) have also given me pause as to whether it's worthwhile to continue giving Delta my business at all ..."

DL response:

Dear Mr. jrl767,

RE: Case Number nnnnnnnn

Thank you for contacting us.

We regret to hear about your displeasure with certain Delta aircraft configurations. Our goal is to provide a level of comfort you can expect on every Delta flight, regardless of the equipment type or market. Please know that your comments regarding the pros and cons of these equipment types have been brought to the attention of our leadership team for internal review.

Mr. jrl767, your Diamond Medallion loyalty is greatly appreciated by the entire Delta family. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

At your service,

<name>
Diamond Desk
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
nvr mind
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
oh that's great!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by EditingFX
nvr mind
Aw, it seemed pretty accurate
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:37 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
Mr. jrl767, your Diamond Medallion loyalty is greatly appreciated by the entire Delta family. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

At your service,

<name>
Diamond Desk
Wow!!!

I'd say that a status level bump is way better than RDMs for comp!

Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

comp? the only advantages I'd get from DM would be the extra 2 RDM/$ and potential co-terminal SDC ... I'm perfectly happy to end the year as PM with ~47k rollover, and make AS MVPG as well
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
comp? the only advantages I'd get from DM would be the extra 2 RDM/$ and potential co-terminal SDC ... I'm perfectly happy to end the year as PM with ~47k rollover, and make AS MVPG as well
I think you'd find a way to use, say, 8 RUCs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.