Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Report-worthy, or pathetic rant?

Name:  20160801_115901-1.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  25.4 KB

FA came by before takeoff and told the occupant of the aisle seat the bag would need to be stowed. He made a half-hearted attempt to stuff it vertically in the left-most space, which was an obvious non-starter, then shoved it partway under between the middle of the two struts as pictured above, by which time the FA had lost interest and moved on. It still looked like this at takeoff. There was plenty of room in the OHBs too.

The window seat appeared to be occupied by his young daughter, so I guess at least the life he was notionally risking in an emergency was already his responsibility. /shrug
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:05 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Nah. I've seen ~and done~ worse!

Would you seriously consider reporting that in a message to DL?!?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
I thought that was part of the script. I've heard GAs say it for flights that are Y50.
The script just says "if we run out of overhead bin space or if you would like to check your bag to your final destination..."
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by davetravels
Nah. I've seen ~and done~ worse!

Would you seriously consider reporting that in a message to DL?!?
I'm just saying, if I were the one sitting in the window seat, that bag wouldn't be there during takeoff/landing.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Widgets
I'm trying to nonrev on a flight with 30 open seats and the gate agent says "we have a completely full flight so we'll have to check all bags....." It seems like they say it's completely full no matter what the actual load is.
Do you think the FAs understand that the more they don't tell the truth about this, the less pax will believe anything they say? Or do they think the lying is worth it, in that by saying that they will get infrequent travelers to check their bags (and that they really don't want to bother with any of this, even if there is plenty of overhead space on some flights, albeit uncommon)?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Do you think the FAs understand that the more they don't tell the truth about this, the less pax will believe anything they say? Or do they think the lying is worth it, in that by saying that they will get infrequent travelers to check their bags (and that they really don't want to bother with any of this, even if there is plenty of overhead space on some flights, albeit uncommon)?
while this is true, I have to suggest that what the FAs think or understand is probably irrelevant, because they're (required to be) simply reading or reciting the scripted briefing language
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
while this is true, I have to suggest that what the FAs think or understand is probably irrelevant, because they're (required to be) simply reading or reciting the scripted briefing language
I tend to agree with you, but if it's not true, it's lying. Scripted lying by DL. Interesting.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I tend to agree with you, but if it's not true, it's lying. Scripted lying by DL. Interesting.
they could just bring this out with the PDBs so we can take a grain or two with the announcements
Attached Images  
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
they could just bring this out with the PDBs so we can take a grain or two with the announcements
LOL. PDBs definitely take the sting out of it...
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: delta dm
The lost art of asking to have your jacket hung up. Maybe happens 1 out of every 2 times for me in FC Cabin.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
The blue lighting in bathrooms on some of the planes makes you look creepy
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by nikitta28
The blue lighting in bathrooms on some of the planes makes you look creepy
I do?!? You didn't say that when we were in there together?!?!?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
I hate the no food voucher when you take a bump!!!

I just hate the look a GA gives you, after say handing over a $800 voucher, when you ask for a meal voucher. They even sometimes look at you like:

"I just gave you $800 and you want more?"

Well yeah! I was helping YOU out by giving up my seat.

Then they really roll their eyes when I ask for a lunch AND dinner meal voucher.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Renes Points
I just hate the look a GA gives you, after say handing over a $800 voucher, when you ask for a meal voucher.
But, did you actually get them to give you one? The last time I asked, she wouldn't. I even asked at the Customer Service IROPS desk, AND the SkyClub, and they said they don't do it any more!

We all know better!
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by davetravels
But, did you actually get them to give you one? The last time I asked, she wouldn't. I even asked at the Customer Service IROPS desk, AND the SkyClub, and they said they don't do it any more!

We all know better!
GA no. Redcoat yes (but only one for me and one for wife - did not push it for 2x). And hotel voucher.

Last edited by Renes Points; Aug 2, 2016 at 1:36 pm Reason: forgot photo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.