Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
The Fly Delta app on my iphone takes up more storage space than the AA one.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:50 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
hahah, getting your jimmies rustled by someone calling you "John" instead of "Mr. Doe" is exactly the type of thing this thread was invented for, kudos guys.

Here's my latest one. I travel with a backpack, I usually board last even if my upgrade cleared, and I always put my backpack under the seat. Today I get on the plane and I notice a guy has his backpack laid out sideways, which just rubs me the wrong way (and it's perfect for this thread since I shouldn't even care since I don't need to use the overhead bin). So I get so rustled by this that I decide to move his bag and put mine up there. But his backpack is like... extra long? It's not massively oversized, it's just long. It might have had a frame in it, not really sure, maybe it even had wheels ,but whatever, it is obviously hanging out of the overhead. I just leave it like that, it's the last space in the F area, and I take my seat.

He gets up and is visibly irritated, does something and manages to get the bin closed. Hahah, it felt really good to bug that guy. I'm not usually the type to bug people just because I can, but I was today.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
I was looking forward to riding in C+ because the middle seat showed empty....but no.....it was given to a non-rev.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by RRDD
I was looking forward to riding in C+ because the middle seat showed empty....but no.....it was given to a non-rev.
Oh, that was your seat?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
the fact that DL won't let us choose titles of nobility for our skymiles account; Singapore let's you choose - King, Princess, etc...
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Had a last minute flight RSW-DTW today, Didn't make the UG, Had to sit in 10C on one of those planes where 10c sticks out in the isle. Got smacked with like 10 bags of people walking past and some guy near me smelled badly. I barely survived.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
..... DL won't let us choose titles of nobility for our skymiles account....
http://heatst.com/culture-wars/call-me-supreme-leader-dozens-of-umich-students-chose-ridiculous-titles-as-their-preferred-pronouns/

Be careful what you ask for.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:11 am
HMO

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/call-me-supreme-leader-dozens-of-umich-students-chose-ridiculous-titles-as-their-preferred-pronouns/

Be careful what you ask for.

It's also sad the writer didn't recognize the quadratic equation solution
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL PM
Snack basket in C+ had chocolate. Upfront in J did not.

When I asked the J FA If I could have some, she shrugged and said "different basket". I had to go back and ask the Y FA for some all by myself! The horror!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
UA CRJ 200 weight and balance passenger seat swaps

You know the drill "will people in the first four rows please move to the rear of the plane" to help us leave on time.

I'm in 1D. Passenger next to me in 1C and I get up and move 4-6 rows back.

Here's where I get truly p@@sed off. Passenger in 1A and 1B move to 1B and 1C across the aisle and proceed to "spread out" and enjoy their new found freedom instead of also moving back. Ugh.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
The mix of red and blue blankets in F. If you're going to do a transition, can you at least do it by flight? Or at least some sort of pattern like all red on the AB side and all blue on the CD side. My OCD is acting up these days.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by anon2k2
The mix of red and blue blankets in F. If you're going to do a transition, can you at least do it by flight? Or at least some sort of pattern like all red on the AB side and all blue on the CD side. My OCD is acting up these days.
This is a solid contender for least substantive thing to complain about ^

Not that you didn't get a blanket, or there aren't enough or too many, or the blanket is to short or scratchy, but the color distribution is not pleasing to you.

Fantastic!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
For all we know, they've arranged the blankets in the shape of the widget.

Eh.. Not funny?

Whelp
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:23 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Maybe, they could add in some white blankets, and get y'all REALLY riled up!!!

Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Happened to me too recently and the non-rev was a person of size. Made for a very uncomfortable flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.