Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:06 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
When somebody else gets the first scoop of they new Sky Club mac and cheese.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
seals under the lids of the M&G mini bottles in SkyClub showers

I get why they exist, but at 0630 (after probably the least comfortable night I've ever spent in a D1 flat-bed seat) I completely forgot about them ... of course my hands were already wet when I realized why nothing was coming out of the body wash bottle, and I had to tear the damn thing off with my teeth ... and of course when repeating the process for the shampoo, the damn seal flap came off in my teeth and I had to use the cap nut on the shower seat to puncture the seal
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:58 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by jrl767

I get why they exist, but at 0630 (after probably the least comfortable night I've ever spent in a D1 flat-bed seat) I completely forgot about them ... of course my hands were already wet when I realized why nothing was coming out of the body wash bottle, and I had to tear the damn thing off with my teeth ... and of course when repeating the process for the shampoo, the damn seal flap came off in my teeth and I had to use the cap nut on the shower seat to puncture the seal
Priceless
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I've done the drill enough that now I always remember to remove the seals before I get in the shower. My rant is that they come sooo thick and concentrated that you have to squeeze really hard and/or turn it upside down and wait for the contents to shift around before you can get anything out of them.

I take them with me and invariably end up mixing in some water and rotating the bottle into different orientations over a few days to thin it out to a more manageable consistency

Secondary rant: when they subsequently leak out into the ziploc bag on my 2nd segment and get shampoo all over my travel size toothpaste/mouthwash. Although, I've taken to saving the seal and putting it back on when I'm done in an effort to avoid this
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by nikitta28
What's with the new soup laddles in DTW sky lounge A? The look like squiggles.
I'm confused. Do you mean soup ladies, or soup ladles?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by Zorak
Secondary rant: when they subsequently leak out into the ziploc bag on my 2nd segment and get shampoo all over my travel size toothpaste/mouthwash. Although, I've taken to saving the seal and putting it back on when I'm done in an effort to avoid this
priceless, v2.0

bag-in-a-bag solves this
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
priceless, v2.0

bag-in-a-bag solves this
I've done that too, but in checked luggage. Not sure how TSA would react to a ziploc in a ziploc. OTOH I have GE/PreCheck so unless it's PreCheck-lite I guess I don't care.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

... Not sure how TSA would react to a ziploc in a ziploc. ...
my basic 3-1-1 bag is a heavy clear-ish zippered bag that came with a rollaboard a couple years ago; I fold one end under to get it to look more-or-less quart-bag dimensionally, and have never had an issue with either configuration or contents
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:49 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I've done that too, but in checked luggage. Not sure how TSA would react to a ziploc in a ziploc. OTOH I have GE/PreCheck so unless it's PreCheck-lite I guess I don't care.
I do a Ziploc inside a Ziploc all the time due to having some small bottles that tend to leak «somehow». Never, EVER had a question or a problem, anywhere in the world.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: delta dm
When we make up time and get there faster from one coast to the other before I can get all my work done. Cant they at least slow down a little or get in a holding pattern so I can finish my excel and power point work.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dzflyer
When we make up time and get there faster from one coast to the other before I can get all my work done. Cant they at least slow down a little or get in a holding pattern so I can finish my excel and power point work.
this should definitely make the "DYKWIA-wannabe" cut
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Diamond, all of them.
I just cannot stand not being address as MR. Don't these people know who I am? KeyRist!!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:50 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by PreteniousFlyer
I just cannot stand not being address as MR. Don't these people know who I am? KeyRist!!
Mileage Runner?!?!?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Oh I got one more.

You can ONLY fit 13 mini Woodfords into a 1Q bag (or so I have been told)!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Renes Points
Oh I got one more.

You can ONLY fit 13 mini Woodfords into a 1Q bag (or so I have been told)!
I've been playing the WFBF game so much that I haven't been accumulating miniatures

Last edited by jrl767; Jan 26, 2017 at 7:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.