Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Saj8986
Hopefully MSP doesn't respond as I'm making a serious effort to catch up to her post count.
Hey! You've got me to beat first!

And, I've only had a one month headstart
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Trying to log onto Delta.com to claim Medallion benefits
Delta "everything" is offline.
LOL.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Yeah, I was trying to make some travel plans last night on DL.com. It didn't go well at all.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
Is there a name for the auditory frequency that can only be produced by a perpetually pissy two year old?
It's a frequency that seems to pass unabated through ear plugs and NC headphones alike. And a certain two year old girl, we'll call her Angel Baby, was incredibly able to produce this sound for a full six hours, gate-to-gate, HNL-SEA.
To her parent's credit, she had her own car seat in C+, directly behind me.
Being strapped into this seat, however, seemed to trigger the skull-splitting shriek.
Sitting in her car seat unbuckled, triggered shrieking and kicking of the back of my seat.
Being held by her parents triggered a full blown meltdown, flailing of arms and kicking of legs...and the shriek...followed by poop.
Oh, the shriek. She didn't seem to be in any discomfort; it was just her way of letting the world know that she had just inhaled a deep breath, and was now ready to exhale.
Gotta hand it to Angel Baby, the girl had stamina.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: delta dm
Any skyclub that doesnt have a skydeck or a bloody mary on a cart waiting for me when I enter.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Any skyclub that doesnt have a skydeck or a bloody mary on a cart waiting for me when I enter.
Lounges that don't have showers.. All lounges should have showers.
Yes this means you Escape Lounge MSP! (the MSP SC sucks too much for me to go anywhere else)
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
being greeted by my full first name -- it would be **REALLY** nice if the PM line recording could use the "go-by" field in my profile, because that's what appears on the website when I log in

moreover, I'd much prefer formality to familiarity from GAs when boarding ... front cabin FAs generally get it right ("Mr jrl767") when taking food and beverage orders, so it's not rocket science
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jrl767
being greeted by my full first name -- it would be **REALLY** nice if the PM line recording could use the "go-by" field in my profile, because that's what appears on the website when I log in

moreover, I'd much prefer formality to familiarity from GAs when boarding ... front cabin FAs generally get it right ("Mr jrl767") when taking food and beverage orders, so it's not rocket science
Think of it as being in the south where Mr. Firstname is a respectful form of address for old people
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767

YES! I *hate* the artificial familiarity of addressing me by my first name! It drives me crazy because everyone who knows me has always used my middle name. Every time I hear "Thanks for being a Diamond Medallion, James", I cringe. It's like they are saying "I don't know you, but I am going to pretend that we are close buddies because it comes across as more "personal"."

I will even accept that my case is unusual. But what if I did use my first name - but everyone called me Jim? or Jimmy? Or JJ? Does William like to be called William? Not Will, or Bill, or Billy? Etc, etc...

I would be much happier if they would stick with Mr Qwkynuf - or even "Sir". Especially if it keeps them from butchering a hard-to-pronounce name.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
It shows TKWYA - sort of.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Think of it as being in the south where Mr. Firstname is a respectful form of address for old people
yes sir Mr SuperG

but the point remains that, even in the south, people who know me, and who know how I like to be addressed, would use "Mr Nickname" rather than "Mr Full Firstname"
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Living in the South most of my life, I've always hated being called Mr. Tom.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
All kidding aside, it took me a long time to get used to Mr. Firstname but I came to realize that people here were raised to use that as a respectful form of address and by time they grew up and became adults, it was so ingrained that they automatically used it.

Then again, if it's just my first name, without the Mr. I don't like it either.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:18 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Think of it as being in the south where Mr. Firstname is a respectful form of address for OLD people
HA!!!

^ ^
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by lbcnu
When the Skymiles magazine at my seat already has the sudoku puzzle finished or the page is torn out. Oh the humanity!
Twice now I've seen the page with the liquor menu torn out. I wonder if the plane had just come from SLC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.