Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by dzflyer
I agree with what you are saying but my response is tongue and cheek to the person from Canada upthread whos senator wanted something on a commercial canadian flight. My point was if you think your politicians overspend you havent met ours yet regardless of party of person. Just giving an absurd example of how our politicians do it. And what a joke it is and a deficit it creates.
Yeah, I'm afraid I accidentally started all of this and it wasn't even about the senator's overspending. People just ridiculed her apparent dismay that she would be expected to eat cold Camembert like a commoner. It was quite funny and heavily mocked in the Canadian press. But let's move on, I'm sure that you are all hearing enough about politics these days without getting into it here
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
This website is awful for positing pics from an iPhone. But yesterday I had my Woodford served in an American Airlines glass on my way to DTW. I had to do a double take.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I would have had a double and taken the glass!
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:48 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by MS02113
Are those guests who indulge in alcohol in the morning somehow bothering you? Assuming he observes proper decorum, what difference does it make whether a guest drinks orange juice or a screwdriver? I'm truly curious.
You are missing the point of the thread.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:54 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
. . . . yesterday I had my Woodford served in an American Airlines glass on my way to DTW. I had to do a double take.
Is it possible that you had more than one, and, actually WERE flying American?!?!?

Last edited by davetravels; Jul 30, 2016 at 3:25 pm
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy
You are missing the point of the thread.
You haven't nary a bald clue where people are coming from, connecting to, or going. You teatoddlers [sic my own] do realize there are these things called time zones?

If they're not putting their cheesy, bare feet up on the bar; screaming on facetime; or being generally obnoxious, mind your own business.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
It has always upset me that Delta does not put logos on any of their glassware. It gives me nothing that I can steal for my collection -

Yes, I got a Delta swizzle stick last week, but that is, uh, small beer in comparison with my new Eurostar wine glass.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
At LAX, the DL golf cart is always at the other end of the tunnel. Don't they know I've deplaned?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:48 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EditingFX
At LAX, the DL golf cart is always at the other end of the tunnel. Don't they know I've deplaned?
Surely they do. I'm betting that you missed the Porsche driver waiting for you on the JetBridge!
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:12 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Obama was in ATL today, which very nearly caused me to misconnect, I ran through ATL B (which is the first time I've run to make a flight in years) but my 2nd leg was delayed anyway due to a mx issue, then NO SNACK BASKET on my ATL-xxx mid-con. What the hell?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
Obama was in ATL today, which very nearly caused me to misconnect, I ran through ATL B (which is the first time I've run to make a flight in years) but my 2nd leg was delayed anyway due to a mx issue, then NO SNACK BASKET on my ATL-xxx mid-con. What the hell?
Was it a 900-1399 meal flight? The last few of those I've been on haven't had snack baskets.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:34 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
DL 2266 ATL-DEN

I'm in C+
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
DL 2266 ATL-DEN

I'm in C+
Yeah this is why C+ is such a joke. DL needs to either commit to it as a higher class of service, or return it to being a simple up-sell.

The flight is over 900 miles, DL promises premium snacks, and none were provided. I'd send in a complaint, so that DL knows it happened, and can hopefully correct the problem in the future.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:31 pm

I'm trying to nonrev on a flight with 30 open seats and the gate agent says "we have a completely full flight so we'll have to check all bags....." It seems like they say it's completely full no matter what the actual load is.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets
I'm trying to nonrev on a flight with 30 open seats and the gate agent says "we have a completely full flight so we'll have to check all bags....." It seems like they say it's completely full no matter what the actual load is.
I thought that was part of the script. I've heard GAs say it for flights that are Y50.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.