Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by davetravels
WOW! You must've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last nite!
Are you sure it wasn't the Motel 6?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Got an email today saying "comfort + is exactly what you need to seamlessly make your connection."

And has a link to choose seats.

Two problems:
1. I don't have any active reservations
2. I booked a last minute ticket yesterday morning for a flight later in the day and there were no c+ seats available.

If this is in response to my booking, this shows DL IT at its best!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by United747
Got an email today saying "comfort + is exactly what you need to seamlessly make your connection."

And has a link to choose seats.

Two problems:
1. I don't have any active reservations
2. I booked a last minute ticket yesterday morning for a flight later in the day and there were no c+ seats available.

If this is in response to my booking, this shows DL IT at its best!
Hmm, so is DL finally acknowledging that selling 35 minute D-I connections is irresponsible?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Hmm, so is DL finally acknowledging that selling 35 minute D-I connections is irresponsible?
I had 2+ hrs in ATL so wasn't worried.

Although, this would be a good marketing move - "we see you have 40 minutes to connect from B10 to F15 at MSP. Why don't you buy up to C+ to only miss you connection by 10 minutes instead of 20"
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I had 2+ hrs in ATL so wasn't worried.

Although, this would be a good marketing move - "we see you have 40 minutes to connect from B10 to F15 at MSP. Why don't you buy up to C+ to only miss you connection by 10 minutes instead of 20"
MCO-LAX-NRT is one of the worst. 40 minutes. We're informed enough to avoid something like that, but the average traveler isn't. DL just making trouble for themselves here.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by WWads
MCO-LAX-NRT is one of the worst. 40 minutes. We're informed enough to avoid something like that, but the average traveler isn't. DL just making trouble for themselves here.
I'm looking at xxx dtw ams bcn and the d1 connection is scheduled for 38 mins and on top that it's the last flight to ams from dtw that evening no less. I might just do it and then have them route me xxx jfk bcn instead.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by dzflyer
I'm looking at xxx dtw ams bcn and the d1 connection is scheduled for 38 mins and on top that it's the last flight to ams from dtw that evening no less. I might just do it and then have them route me xxx jfk bcn instead.
Something about those Xs isn't sitting quite right w/ me for some reason ..
Anyways.. Good luck though. Probably a good idea to make that swap, then maybe just maybe you'll have a shot at a Porsche when you get there
One can dream right. Also once again, back to my point, why the ugly Panamera. Coulda' went for something stylish like the Maserati Quatraporte, but nope; It just had to be that hideous excuse for a sports car. Oh and also, top speed is useless on a tarmac. So, what's the point of a sports car anyhow? Might as well get a Bentley. I once again rest my case.

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Jul 18, 2016 at 10:05 pm Reason: to make this slowly but surely make sense... Ha! Like that'll ever happen. Wishful thinking.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by davetravels
WOW! You must've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last nite!
I hate people who spell "night" as "nite". Is this a nursery rhyme? or a internet thread?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Anyways.. Good luck though. Probably a good idea to make that swap, then maybe just maybe you'll have a shot at a Porsche when you get there
One can dream right. Also once again, back to my point, why the ugly Panamera. Coulda' went for something stylish like the Maserati Quatraporte, but nope; It just had to be that hideous excuse for a sports car. Oh and also, top speed is useless on a tarmac. So, what's the point of a sports car anyhow? Might as well get a Bentley. I once again rest my case.
The new Panamera (2017 model year) actually looks pretty good. And I wasn't a fan of the current one either.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:30 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by randidliyo
I hate people who spell "night" as "nite". Is this a nursery rhyme? or a internet thread?
wow
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
My rant is... How long does it take DL to answer a complaint? I sent in a legitimate compliant several months about FL 1774 and two since and have not gotten one response yet.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
My rant is... How long does it take DL to answer a complaint? I sent in a legitimate compliant several months about FL 1774 and two since and have not gotten one response yet.
I'm not sure what kind of response you're expecting DL to make in response to a FL flight (which had to have been at least a couple years ago at this point).
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:55 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
How about a Mercedes Sprinter executive coach - not much for speed or handling but a great ride and easy access. [IMG][/IMG]

And you can get a pre-PDB
[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by puddinhead
How about a Mercedes Sprinter executive coach - not much for speed or handling but a great ride and easy access. [IMG][/IMG]

And you can get a pre-PDB
[IMG][/IMG]
Looks like it deserves its own jetway. lol
If they did that, mark my words they'd go straight over the woodford and provide OJ and Mimosa

One critical flaw however is the shared TV on board, imagine when two siblings get in a fight over what they want to watch.

Aside from that, much much more desirable IMO to a Porsche.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

The new Panamera (2017 model year) actually looks pretty good. And I wasn't a fan of the current one either.
I will say, it's a huge step in the right direction; however, I think there are many better cars in that price range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.