Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:03 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
When The person across the aisle from me constantly is looking out of my window (this is on an E175 when I am in FC on the A side and the person in C keeps staring to see the view out of my window despite sitting next to her husband who has his own window right next to her in D).

Also when the same person keeps looking at your laptop screen from across the aisle to see what you’re watching on Delta Studio.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:26 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I called amex for a question about my delta-branded card, the automated voice thing first asked for the last 5 digits of my card number, then immediately asked for the entire 15-digit card number
Alphazone likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
No new DYKWIA stories posted from New Years weekend.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:18 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 3furballs
No new DYKWIA stories posted from New Years weekend.
So, I guess everyone flying was on there best behavior, right???
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by navi_jen
More annoying, the new power boxes and the slimline seat anchors make it impossible to store my laptop rollerboard under the seat in front of me. I don't mind the legroom, but I hate being THAT person who jumps out of their seat at 10k feet to grab their laptop bag.
This. This. This.

I don’t mind being ‘that person’ but as I’m going to get some work done, but I do mind the stares I get. What, because I don’t have a suit on means I can’t be a responsible freelancer trying to get some work done on my way to a site?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by navi_jen
More annoying, the new power boxes and the slimline seat anchors make it impossible to store my laptop rollerboard under the seat in front of me. I don't mind the legroom, but I hate being THAT person who jumps out of their seat at 10k feet to grab their laptop bag.
If my bag won't fit I'll just take the laptop out of the bag and put it under the seat. Then I can pull it out whenever I want after we're in the air.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:31 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Howste
If my bag won't fit I'll just take the laptop out of the bag and put it under the seat.
Imagine all those NASTY shoes that have been there, after touching the lav floor, and heaven knows what other thingz!!!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:38 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Wait, do people stare at people using laptops on a plane???
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
Imagine all those NASTY shoes that have been there, after touching the lav floor, and heaven knows what other thingz!!!
Don't you wrap your laptop in antibacterial shrink wrap when you head to the airport?

Originally Posted by pvn
Wait, do people stare at people using laptops on a plane???
I've never noticed because I'm too busy staring at my laptop...
davetravels and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Getting stuck next to the twitchy probable meth-head today. As boarding was finishing, he started to shove his elbow into my ribs. When he twitched again and I moved to block my personal airspace with my elbow he got all huffy with me, and I'm like 'no more room over here; it's a small plane (CRJ-700) and we've all got to work with it'

Since it was a 100% full plane, I couldn't just ask to be reseated because the guy next to me was a weirdo, and it was 45 minutes in the air of the twitching, the scratching of his own groin and forearms, the wandering around the cabin while the seatbelt sign was on, the attempts to elbow into my seat space again. (I swam and threw shot put in college and still have the broad shoulders to prove it, so it's not like there was room for me to go anywhere)

And then since perfesser mouse and I are doing nested/interlocking family visits over the holidays, after deplaning and collecting my bag I find myself wandering alone around the overflow parking lot, which is so far out into the woods that normally the biggest threat to personal safety is attack by black bear, trying to find where the perfesser left the car and constantly looking over my shoulder to make sure twitchy hasn't followed me out of the terminal. I'm normally pretty oblivious to danger from others, but twitchy was just weirding me out in that Stranger Danger kind of way.
Maybe the bear got the meth-head first. Have you thanked a bear today?
remyontheroad likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Getting stuck next to the twitchy probable meth-head today. As boarding was finishing, he started to shove his elbow into my ribs. When he twitched again and I moved to block my personal airspace with my elbow he got all huffy with me, and I'm like 'no more room over here; it's a small plane (CRJ-700) and we've all got to work with it'

Since it was a 100% full plane, I couldn't just ask to be reseated because the guy next to me was a weirdo, and it was 45 minutes in the air of the twitching, the scratching of his own groin and forearms, the wandering around the cabin while the seatbelt sign was on, the attempts to elbow into my seat space again. (I swam and threw shot put in college and still have the broad shoulders to prove it, so it's not like there was room for me to go anywhere)

And then since perfesser mouse and I are doing nested/interlocking family visits over the holidays, after deplaning and collecting my bag I find myself wandering alone around the overflow parking lot, which is so far out into the woods that normally the biggest threat to personal safety is attack by black bear, trying to find where the perfesser left the car and constantly looking over my shoulder to make sure twitchy hasn't followed me out of the terminal. I'm normally pretty oblivious to danger from others, but twitchy was just weirding me out in that Stranger Danger kind of way.
I had a guy next to me wearing a kilt and a shirt that said "guns don't kill people, I kill people" with his entire head shaved except for one big bang hanging down in his face. He had horrible BO, kept elbowing me, and reading aloud the entire flight from some type of peer reviewed physics journal. He went to the lav and the FA leaned down and whispered "want me to lock him in" when she went by.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM, HH Diamond
Last week, sitting in window, 9pm flight, boarding ends, next seat empty... Minute later, woman in aisle waves her friend up to sit there instead of leaving it free (even though friend is not ticketed in Comfort). Ok, fine. But then, friend turns on the reading light for no reason, and leaves it on despite not reading anything for the whole flight!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by vennamn
Last week, sitting in window, 9pm flight, boarding ends, next seat empty... Minute later, woman in aisle waves her friend up to sit there instead of leaving it free (even though friend is not ticketed in Comfort). Ok, fine. But then, friend turns on the reading light for no reason, and leaves it on despite not reading anything for the whole flight!
Maybe she needed it to clip her toenails?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Howste
Maybe she needed it to clip her toenails?
Unless a reading light can help with having a loud conversation, I don't think they made much use of it!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
My client is set up to book all my travel. On Thursday I was assigned a site requiring a TransCon on which I was hoping to burn a RUC for a D1 Redeye return. As the client has to book the ticket before I can apply my RUC all I wanted was to confirm there was upgrade space available before sending my request but Grayson had other plans that entailed taking every Twitter agent known to man.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.