Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by C W
Are you surprised?
Actually, I was - since AA is not my normal transportation.
When I boarded, I asked FA if he wanted to go ahead of me
to get PDB orders - he laughed/snickered - now I know why.

It's pathetic to rant about something that doesn't affect me.
But I wasn't surprised that AA "economy comfort" pax pays for
his/her own drinks.

Last edited by ACCDraw; Sep 28, 2017 at 6:40 pm
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: DL DM/1M, AA Gold, Hilton LTD
Oily window panes.

Some of the ExpressJet CRJs seem to have windows that appear to have doubled as kitchen cutting boards.
ACCDraw likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Formulanone
Oily window panes.

Some of the ExpressJet CRJs seem to have windows that appear to have doubled as kitchen cutting boards.
They operate many more takeoff/landings then say an A330. Dirt/particles in air cause the scratches. More of this the closer to ground you are, less at altitude. Thus they're in that environment much more often.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: DL DM/1M, AA Gold, Hilton LTD
Originally Posted by flyerCO
They operate many more takeoff/landings then say an A330. Dirt/particles in air cause the scratches. More of this the closer to ground you are, less at altitude. Thus they're in that environment much more often.
That makes sense. ^

I have noticed SkyWest and Endeavor seem to have less scratches; perhaps their panes get a refresher or their jets are newer.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by C W
Looks like something a UA FA would do.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:11 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Formulanone
Oily window panes.
I'd go with a much simpler answer . . . .

Windows used as headrests.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by apodo77
In exit row aisle ATL-PBI and just ordered a cocktail. FA asks me to pay and I use a certificate.

Woman in the window orders a white wine and has her phone ready to use to pay and the FA says “no need to pay”

I feel very discriminated against since both were females. LOL
Is that because they don't know how to process the phone cert? Or something more sinister as you suggest.

Wednesday night during boarding two ladies in the aisle in F waiting for the line to get into Y and one says, "well, they sure made sure it is all men up here didn't they!?" I got a good chuckle out of it
synergistic likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
I'd go with a much simpler answer . . . .

Windows used as headrests.
I was going for the 2nd part of his post.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I was going for the 2nd part of his post.
So, CRJ pax tend to be more oily? =D
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooselee
So, CRJ pax tend to be more oily? =D
How else could they squeeze into the seats.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:19 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
People who intentionally board last but have a bigass rollaboard, and the gate agents who let them get away with it because they happen to be in F.

I was in 3A yesterday, a fellow late boarder was in 4C, I had to stand in the aisle and wait for her to try to stuff her roller in three different bins (757, so L2 boarding) AND to add insult to injury I actually HELPED her with the bag, what a totally RUDE and OFFENSIVE imposition upon me, am I right? She definitely 100% boarded last on purpose, she was hanging out in the gate area when I arrived at the gate around zone 2.

Obviously my total wait time was probably around 45 seconds, but given the bellyaching and time inflation we see here when people are subjected to delays at TSA I figure this is a completely legit gripe.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Is that because they don't know how to process the phone cert? Or something more sinister as you suggest.

Wednesday night during boarding two ladies in the aisle in F waiting for the line to get into Y and one says, "well, they sure made sure it is all men up here didn't they!?" I got a good chuckle out of it
The female FA scanned the cert on my iPhone and the lady in the window had hers up on her smart phone when the FA told her not to worry and didn’t have to pay. I saw the cert because she was extending her arm to have it scanned and it was for a GM.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Okay Delta. The mailing address for my Skymiles account is in Florida. All the flights I book with you originate from one of two Florida airports. You really do NOT need to send me a promotional e-mail encouraging me to fly to Florida for a fall or winter vacation- Special Rates Now!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
there's probably a really good VPS-ATL-EYW fare where it would actually be faster than driving
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
there's probably a really good VPS-ATL-EYW fare where it would actually be faster than driving
Especially given likely current travel conditions in the Keys. But still, probably not Delta and FLA USA's best 'targeted' marketing effort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.