Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
A new campaign

Originally Posted by davetravels
Bring back Spinzels
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:54 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

There'z the package I remember from the NWA days! I couldn't find it earlier. I guess they changed the packaging - - Hope the product is the same.

Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Unfortunately I understand why they went this way, it was to allow people with gluten allergies to also be able to have pretzels too. But that doesn't really help when the pretzels are inedible anyways.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I ask a few times on different flights about the changeover from the honey roasted peanuts to almonds and the party line were " too many peanut allergies".

I Like the almonds and I also like the honey roasted peanuts.

I always trade my pretzels for extra nuts.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gretchendz
I really really hate them...and then they took away the peanuts and replaced with almonds!
Agreed, they taste awful, and have a nasty long lasting after taste. AA also did the same, but instead of olive oil, they're caramel coated with salt and butter flavoring. Add to the shock their pretzel bags dont make it clear they're not just normal pretzels. You bite into them amd quickly are shocked.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
I think the new pretzels and almonds are fine. My "rant" is that it seems like every time I get on a flight there are 100 different "new" snack options that makes me have to stare at the basket like a newb for an hour. SAD!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:56 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I like the new pretzels.

but, to rant: I had a confirmed upgrade today and changed my flight to connect in ATL instead of DTW in order to avoid a possible misconnect, now I'm in a C+ seat behind an old guy who nearly broke my laptop when he suddenly and without warning reclined at full speed, and now he's farting.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by pvn
I like the new pretzels.

but, to rant: I had a confirmed upgrade today and changed my flight to connect in ATL instead of DTW in order to avoid a possible misconnect, now I'm in a C+ seat behind an old guy who nearly broke my laptop when he suddenly and without warning reclined at full speed, and now he's farting.
LOL
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Farts on a plane!!!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:10 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Oops!
Attached Images  
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:37 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
guys I'm serious, it was insanely bad. I really thought I was going to lose my lunch for a minute.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:21 pm

My flight tonight is going to be delayed, but it has not posted as delayed. I know the business about padding flight schedules, reduced taxi time, more direct route, yada, yada yada - I get it. The math does not work any longer though. Unless the 757 is going to break the sound barrier, it is not possible for my flight to arrive on time, which means I am going to miss my connection. I called to change my flight, but because my flight hasn't posted as delayed the best they can do for me is waive the change fee. The fare difference is astronomical though and there were no SDC options available in my fare class. In the meantime, the flights have filled up and now I have to get to the airport and hope a bunch of people no show on an alternative routing once the delay finally posts. Spirit Airlines posted their delay for the routing hours 6 hours ahead - why does DL have to wait until the last minute even though it is mathematically impossible for the flight to arrive on time? Its great having a hall of rants so I can rant like this.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by The Situation
My flight tonight is going to be delayed, but it has not posted as delayed. I know the business about padding flight schedules, reduced taxi time, more direct route, yada, yada yada - I get it. The math does not work any longer though. Unless the 757 is going to break the sound barrier, it is not possible for my flight to arrive on time, which means I am going to miss my connection. I called to change my flight, but because my flight hasn't posted as delayed the best they can do for me is waive the change fee. The fare difference is astronomical though and there were no SDC options available in my fare class. In the meantime, the flights have filled up and now I have to get to the airport and hope a bunch of people no show on an alternative routing once the delay finally posts. Spirit Airlines posted their delay for the routing hours 6 hours ahead - why does DL have to wait until the last minute even though it is mathematically impossible for the flight to arrive on time? Its great having a hall of rants so I can rant like this.
Is it possible that DL has a different plane that is going to be swapped in? I find that DL is usually pretty timely at posting known delays.

Isn't every NK flight delayed? So really it's not so much a courtesy posting it when they did, but a policy I take their schedule as a loose suggestion
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I hate flying all the time....yet I feel odd and out of place being grounded for 5 months due to a broken ankle and PT. At times I actually miss the craziness that was my previously weekly commute via plane to godknowswhereIamtoday. I've actually forgotten my login to DL apps. Ack!

The mysteries of the human psyche.....

Last edited by navi_jen; Aug 3, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.